• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former atheist? Raised without religion?

brandonh

Hello. I am a writer working on a book about the sources of people's faith. I am seeking people who would be willing to be interviewed for my research. In particular, I am looking for former atheists and/or people who were raised without religion but found faith later in life. If you would be willing to speak with me (or can refer somebody), please contact me. Thank you!

Ðanisty

Is this a Christianity-specific book? I used to be an atheist but now I'm a Luciferian...probably wouldn't work too well for what you're writing...lol.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
I was raised without any religion (never discussed religion, so essentially agnostic) and became an atheist for a while before starting down the "faith" road. You can drop me a PM or ask any questions here in the thread, if you like. Although, I won't be a great deal of help if you're after Christianity-specific stuff, because I've never been involved with it.

robtex

Veteran Member
I bet he is going to have to scower the net for quite a while to find an ex-atheist. I don't think I ever once, not even once, met someone who said, "I was an atheist, but now I believe in God." Being raised without religion is likely the closest he will get or he will find a very emotional christian willing to fabricate the "ex-atheist" part with an agenda to trying to convert real atheists. It is really interesting the dispropotionality of theists who become atheists vs atheists who become theists.

Revasser

Terrible Dancer
Apparently scouring the intarwebz wasn't really required, huh, robtex? :D

Though, admittedly, it seems neither Ðanisty nor I ended up having much to do with the God of Abraham.