• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiving Those Who Trespass

Natural Submission

http://www.taliyah.org/articles/forgiving.shtml

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

"...By the soul and (by) Hu that made it perfect, and then inspired it to understand what is wrong and what is right for it. Truly is successful the one who purifies (his soul)." Al-Qur'aan, Soorah 91: 7-9

Oh brothers and sisters, ikhwah and akhawaat, in our efforts to wage the inward Jihad against the nafs, against the inner-Shaiytan, we must be ever-increasing in our forthrightness and honesty with one another. If we are to view things as they truly are, then we must tear down this mask of dualism and see beyond the illusion of "selfhood," of "you" and "i." First and foremost this means being honest and introspective with ourselves; seeking out, finding and destroying the faults within our"selves." But secondly it calls for forthrightness and honesty with our brothers when they manifest things which we perceive as problematic (whether these things are actual sins, or merely misunderstandings or the like). If we are to love our neighbors as ourselves, then we must truly know that our neighbors ARE our true selves, and that there is no difference or separation between them. Thus, in whatever we do, whether delivering kind words to our neighbors, encouraging them, or denouncing them when we see them to be in error, it must stem ultimately from our love for one another.

(For the full article- www.taliyah.org)

john313

warrior-poet
Forgiveness is sometimes hard to give, but i guess if we expect our sins to be forgiven we should be able to forgive all sins against us.
that www.taliyah.org is a great web site. I have seen many great educational articles there.