• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forex

hififish

Forex is a market, not a trading system.

Profitability would depend on your skill as a trader. The vast majority of people who attempt to trade will lose money, that includes stocks, futures, and forex.

Sensor

It's not a scam but yeah, like it was mentioned in one of the previous responses, reminds simple gambling very much. The main idea for forex is getting money from difference in exchange rates of foreign currencies, such trading is always made in pairs (like EUR/JPY for example) and your profit will be always based on the current prices of the currencies. And these prices can change fast and unexpectedly, you can't know exactly when that happens so it's very easy to lose your capital or earn during some months almost nothing :confused:
If you want to try this market too, then I recommend you to find a safe broker and start with a mini account/small capital, you'll see after some time if it's a good choice for you. But I should warn you that there's a great lack of teaching beginners inside this system so you'll need to learn very much independently, without extra help from others. Also be careful with brokers, there's much scam among them, choose only reliable ones from regulatory agencies lists fx-list.com/brokers-for-us-traders and which have nice reviews from their previous clients.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not forex but we move money between GBP and EUR every month. Only one way, at the moment the exchange rate is poor. Hoping that it returns to its level of 18 months ago but won't be holding my breath.

We had a guy who worked for us who was into forex. He won more than lost, otherwise im pretty sure he wouldn't have been trading for so long

He used metatrader. I believe it can be run in simulation mode so you can get an idea before getting your feet wet.