• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who hate their existence

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
According to the Existentialists, of course. Every action is a choice, every choice is a new you, so to speak.

If I truly hated something about my existence, of course I can change it.
Would I change what i hate about myself?
With proper motivation and understanding of the problem, yes!
Should I?
That's up for debate...
I'd say no, except that some things left untouched can become larger issues. Hate of the self can make one collapse and live only in hate. The only way to understanding, healing, and self love is through balance. One so shrouded in the hating of ones existence would necessarily have to come to balance, and this can only happen if one forcefully changes.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
According to the Existentialists, of course. Every action is a choice, every choice is a new you, so to speak.

Depends, of course, on the existentialist. :D

I have hated my existence. I'll think of all the horror and hatred and suffering that is possible through simply existing, and how suffering comes so much easier than happiness, and suddenly being alive seems a terrible game that we're thrown into. For what must we bear this hell?

But now and then I am struck by simple wonder and joy, and feel the love that is still possible.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Depends, of course, on the existentialist. :D
lol! I'm sticking with Sartre on this one :D

Guitar's Cry said:
I have hated my existence. I'll think of all the horror and hatred and suffering that is possible through simply existing, and how suffering comes so much easier than happiness, and suddenly being alive seems a terrible game that we're thrown into. For what must we bear this hell?

But now and then I am struck by simple wonder and joy, and feel the love that is still possible.
It's hard to reconcile those feelings for sure. It's funny how a few seconds of bliss can make the pain and suffering, and the hating all float away for a while. :)

Trey of Diamonds

Strange you should ask, I was hating my existence just yesterday. Of course that was due to an infected root canel and the intense pain that it generated. Today it is just a dull ache and I'm fine with my existence. Maybe there is a link to hate and pain?