• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those Muslims living in Western Democracies ...

Sharia

• Yes.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prefer not to answer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AbuKhalid

At the moment I am not living in the west but this country is ruled by democracy and I have lived in the west so I thought I might answer.

I answered yes as Sharia is the Law of Allah and so it is perfect. For a Muslim to say otherwise would be disbelief.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
I answered yes, but there is something important to remember about this answer. In answering yes I disregarded every Muslim country in the world because no matter what's going on, none of them have fully implemented sharia in any meaningful way. Either it is way too strict with laws that have nothing to do with Islam, or it's way too loose with nothing to do with Islam. I'd like to live in a place ran by sharia, and by leaders and a public that understands it respective rights. I want to live around Muslims who aren't afraid to speak up when a wrong is committed, and a leadership that does the same.

I have never visited any Muslim country. I assume by logic not all of them fall in the same category. Some may be better than others. However, from all that I have heard from the Muslims who live there, they have a long way to go.

Fatihah

I answered yes, but there is something important to remember about this answer. In answering yes I disregarded every Muslim country in the world because no matter what's going on, none of them have fully implemented sharia in any meaningful way. Either it is way too strict with laws that have nothing to do with Islam, or it's way too loose with nothing to do with Islam. I'd like to live in a place ran by sharia, and by leaders and a public that understands it respective rights. I want to live around Muslims who aren't afraid to speak up when a wrong is committed, and a leadership that does the same.

I have never visited any Muslim country. I assume by logic not all of them fall in the same category. Some may be better than others. However, from all that I have heard from the Muslims who live there, they have a long way to go.

Response: Basically everything fullyveiledmuslimah said is my answer.

Yes, but if Islamic law is fully implemented , not partially for some people like poor people have other laws and rich have other , which is against Islam , all should be treated equally.

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Yes, but if Islamic law is fully implemented , not partially for some people like poor people have other laws and rich have other , which is against Islam , all should be treated equally.

The only law I can think of that is different between the rich and poor is zakat. Is this what you are referring to?

AbuKhalid

The only law I can think of that is different between the rich and poor is zakat. Is this what you are referring to?

I think he was saying that in some countries which falsely claim to be implementing Sharia, the rich and poor have different laws. Examples of this would be Arabia where the Saud family are above the law.

ProudMuslim

I couldn't agree with you more.