• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First cause of the universe.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
This question is more aimed at atheists. What do you think caused the Big Bang? Like, where did all the matter of the universe come from? If not God, then what?
I have let go of theistic beliefs, but I don’t think I am feeling inclined to become an atheist because I cannot fathom where the universe came from if not God.
What are your thoughts on where the universe comes from / why it exists?

Viker

Häxan
A singularity was likely under intense pressure. Then expansion followed. Not an astronomer or astrophysicist. Just my best short stab. Correct me if need be.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This question is more aimed at atheists. What do you think caused the Big Bang?
the same thing that caused God.

Like, where did all the matter of the universe come from?
the same stuff as God is made of.

If not God, then what?
Yeah, how did God make stuff from nothing, and God exists but is nothing?

I have let go of theistic beliefs, but I don’t think I am feeling inclined to become an atheist because I cannot fathom where the universe came from if not God.
What God?

People don't become an atheist. You're an atheist when you realize there is no reason to believe the ancient lore that Gods exist in one of many forms.

My thought was the Big Bang was an unstable superdense mass that reached a point of such instability that it exploded. I see it much like oily rags that spontaneously combust due to natural factors. It's likely energy has always existed. Who needs a God being eternal when energy can be? Plus, we know energy exists, we don't know if any gods exist. So we can throw gods out as unnecessary.

Audie

Veteran Member
This question is more aimed at atheists. What do you think caused the Big Bang? Like, where did all the matter of the universe come from? If not God, then what?

Gimme first cause of God.

But first, read Tegnark's book
"Mathematical Universe "

Actually, dont gimme a first cause for God.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
According to the scriptures, God did not have a first cause. God is eternal.
I know that too - cute workaround.
Its why I added " dont tell me"

Scrioture also talks about unicorns and a talking donkey, world,wide flood and tower of babel.
Its not a go- to reference for anything.
Definitely not theoretical astrophysics or the
nature of time and infinity. Those guys did
not even hace zero or basic algebra.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I'm not atheist, but I don't think it really matters how it "IS" as it just "IS", so it's best to just worry about now.

InChrist

Free4ever
I asked what information is
Information is: knowledge, facts, instructions, data.

I asked...where did DNA information originate from? The genetic information inside the cells of the body that provide instructions to make people who they are and which
defines the basic genetic makeup of our body, as well as the genetic makeup of nearly all life on earth.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. There's some advanced physics about brane mechanics and how since the beginning of the universe was the beginning of time as well as space, 'before the universe' is incoherent. You can't have a 'before time.' If that's true then nothing existed before the universe.
Or maybe multiverse theory is correct and there's been countless big bangs and new univeeses start and stop all the time, perhaps caused by something to do with black hole horizons or something to do with aforementioned brane mechanics.

At the end of the day I doubt we'll ever have a concrete answer in my lifetime at least. I just don't feel the need to squish a god into the gaps of the unknowns. Especially since it's irrelevant to how I perceive the universe around me now.