• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fine Tuning argument / The best argument for the existence of God

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
While i'd prefer Aron Ra, i doubt we'll get him. So i'd be totally fine with you being the official Grand Pope of Atheism.

Long live the Grand Pope!
Whoa!! Wait a second. I said that I was free next weekend. This needs to be a rotating job. I don't think Aron Ra would want it full time either. Perhaps a schedule of some sort could be arranged. Pope until death is too much for me.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Whoa!! Wait a second. I said that I was free next weekend. This needs to be a rotating job. I don't think Aron Ra would want it full time either. Perhaps a schedule of some sort could be arranged. Pope until death is too much for me.

It doesn't have to be until death. It could be until "ice cream sunday" or something of the sort.

And yes, there's an important atheist holiday called "ice cream sunday."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don't worry nobody was expecting a direct answer from you anyway.
Please, this is a falsehood on your part. I gave a direct answer. The fact is that you are not able to understand right now why your arguments fail. I offered to help you to learn the basics so that you could understand your errors. People have continually given you "direct answers" and you have not understood them (I am not going to far as to say that you lied about them).

I am still willing to cover the basics with you.

Darkstorn

Don't worry nobody was expecting a direct answer from you anyway.

That's actually pretty hilarious coming from the guy who doesn't understand the difference between arguments, evidence or proof. You've conflated each more than once in this thread. This puts doubt into your ability to sufficiently convince us that you're capable of arguing in a debate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's actually pretty hilarious coming from the guy who doesn't understand the difference between arguments, evidence or proof. You've conflated each more than once in this thread. This puts doubt into your ability to sufficiently convince us that you're capable of arguing in a debate.

And I it is pointless to "debate" with someone that does not understand the basics. They will never understand the refutations given to them and will simply deny them. Purposeful ignorance is a defense mechanism for deniers of science.

leroy

Please, this is a falsehood on your part. I gave a direct answer. The fact is that you are not able to understand right now why your arguments fail. I offered to help you to learn the basics so that you could understand your errors. People have continually given you "direct answers" and you have not understood them (I am not going to far as to say that you lied about them).

I am still willing to cover the basics with you.

I gave you a source explaining the argument in detail...... I am just asking you to spot your specific points of disagreement so that we can comment on them

Am i asking for something too extreme?

leroy

What makes you think that i don't understand the difference between arguments evidence and proof?

Can you quote any comment where used any of those therms in an erroneous way?......... Ohhh wait you are an atheist you dont support your false accusations....

Darkstorn

What makes you think that i don't understand the difference between arguments evidence and proof?

This thread. Especially the OP.

Can you quote any comment where used any of those therms in an erroneous way?......... Ohhh wait you are an atheist you dont support your false accusations....

The OP.

Ohhh wait you are a theist you don't support anything. Accusations or otherwise.

Darkstorn

I gave you a source explaining the argument in detail...... I am just asking you to spot your specific points of disagreement so that we can comment on them

Arguments aren't evidence. See, you're doing it again.

Here it is for you in plain speech: Your arguments don't matter. They are poorly thought out. So is William Lane Craig's. What you need is evidence, not more weak arguments.

Your OP counts as an unsound syllogism. It doesn't even NEED refutation.

leroy

And I it is pointless to "debate" with someone that does not understand the basics. They will never understand the refutations given to them and will simply deny them. Purposeful ignorance is a defense mechanism for deniers of science.
Ohhhh so thats why you never refute any of the arguments......

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

No, the argument was refuted in "great detail". As has been pointed out it is just a version of the "God of the Gaps" argument. Your posts indicate very strongly an inability to understand the basics of evidence and logic. Until the basics are understood the refutations cannot be understood.

Darkstorn

1. The fine-tuning of the universe is due to physical necessity, chance, design, or it was pooped into existence by yours truly.

2. It is not due to physical necessity, chance or design.

3. Therefore, it is due to being pooped into existence by yours truly.

This SHOULD demonstrate why your OP is flawed.