• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

finding your inner seeker

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Why does a seeker need to be looking for anything? The seeker sticky states,
Simply put, a seeker is one who is one who does not know his or her spiritual beliefs, and is actively seeking (hence, a seeker) them. Often, those who are seekers are searching for more than just their view on God, the afterlife, and so on —they are usually (but not always) searching for a community, as well. [/QUOT E] Im a seeker. I sought out seeker. Seeking is not my quest but my my answer. Seeking is a viable choice. I would like to say possibly the most viable choice…it leaves you open, keeps you questioning , helps you learn and to evolve and grow as a person. Seeking can be a life style and seek can be a choice . Not all who wander are lost…

That being said I do hold views or shuffle through them at my convenience… I'll introduce myself soon in the intro forums. Fyi I postes this off my droid so idk yeah love peace and happiness

Iti oj

Premium Member
in the words of a fr member
... as a True Seeker, you are not looking for a group in which to belong; you already belong to Seeking Truth; Second there is no Fact that can be denied; Fact is Reality, a continuum of Existence; Third there is no True Religion, Belief Concept, or Science (nothing) known to Mankind in which contains Absolute Knowledge; Absolute Knowledge is what you Seek to Contain.
This is not the whole of me, but this is what i am talking about. I striving to know a striving to learn. jack of all trades master of none kinda thing. life live it love it learn it...learn from it.

Tonymai

Lonesome Religionist
A seeker has to have the hunger and discernment to find higher truth to replace the outdated one and to discard incomplete knowledge when a better one shows up.

Iti oj

Premium Member
A seeker has to have the hunger and discernment to find higher truth to replace the outdated one and to discard incomplete knowledge when a better one shows up.
I definetly agree but would add that the 'better knowledge' could be situational.

Greetings,

I wonder if the objective of seeking is that of the consciousness searching for the true self; as if the personality that I often consider "self" is disconnected from the "true" inner beingness. Just conjecture from the bogs.

best,
swampy

Iti oj

Premium Member
Greetings,

I wonder if the objective of seeking is that of the consciousness searching for the true self; as if the personality that I often consider "self" is disconnected from the "true" inner beingness. Just conjecture from the bogs.

best,
swampy

Are you suggesting that by seeking knowledge abiut we are hoping to find our selves? Idk I feel like seeking allows one to grow but then again maybe that's why

Are you suggesting that by seeking knowledge abiut we are hoping to find our selves? Idk I feel like seeking allows one to grow but then again maybe that's why

Hi Iti oj,

I think that "knowledge" is parcel to being. As our consciousness integrates perceptions and concepts, we venture further from the inner source of self and the "mind" declares and dictates that it is self instead of a utility of the self. Seeking might be the journey back to allowance of the mind to be the tool rather than the entity.

Just boggy conjecturing,
best,
swampy