• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Find your own religion

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I feel that each on of us must go within and find our own inner guiding, there is so many scriptures out there, with the ones who believe in each one believing their’s is the right one.

I feel that they are all wrong but at the same time all have something to be found within their pages, just like if you drop a hand full of diamonds in the mud, by searching through the mud you find your diamonds again.

I was once shackled to a belief system called Christianly, as the years went by I started to ask questions, questions that I was told I shouldn’t ask, I thought that’s not a very intelligent way of looking at something, be it scriptures or whatever, this way of thinking is what kept us in the so called dark-ages.

My way of discerning the scriptures........I like the stories of Jesus but I don't take them literally, I see the story of Jesus as our own story. Jesus made his story personified, but we also must make it personal to us, as Jesus became the Christ, we also must become the Christ. We could read just about any scriptures of the religious world and see the same story within their pages. We are not the mind body organism as most of us believe, the body is that which arises from the Source, or God, if you prefer that word. When we have a self realization we then are awakened to the truth of our place within the cosmos, and that is, we are all one in the cosmos, to feel that we are separate, is the cause of all religions, and religions are like hospitals that try to cure us of this illusion, and bring us back to wholeness with the cosmos.

But over many years religion has been over taken by organizations, all calling themselves a different label. Many become attached to their choice of whatever label they pick, their whole life is based on this label, and many will even die for this label.

Well, that's how I have realized it..........I actually had an Awakening and even wrote a book about it.

But that's my way of understanding the world, and others will have their own way, its all relative, no need to follow others, you yourself is enough, you yourself is all there is, follow your true inner Self, not someone else’s. This true inner Self has no name, you cannot organize it, its your own religion, and this is what true religion is, your own.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It looks like no one is interested in this thread, but that Ok, I don't like attention anyway, what I am trying to say is that, why do we have to join organized religion to find our self, we are already our self, religion cannot bring us any closer than what we are all ready. In fact religion takes us away from who we truly are, we are all there is, were not just this body, we are beyond the mere body. I feel that we all should find our own religion, our own inner strength, we should not copy others, because we are not that, we are all individuals and we all have an individual story. But saying that we are also, all one in Consciousness, and this is what we must find, not out there, but within, this is our true religion.

So how do you think about this ???.

rusra02

Premium Member

I was once shackled to a belief system called Christianly, as the years went by I started to ask questions, questions that I was told I shouldn’t ask, I thought that’s not a very intelligent way of looking at something, be it scriptures or whatever, this way of thinking is what kept us in the so called dark-ages.
I agree with you that persons who told you not to ask questions about Christianity are wrong. That is not what the Bible teaches. It tells us to use our power of reason. (Romans 12:1) Men and women of faith have asked difficult questions and were given answers. (Habakkuk 1:3) Many, In fact most who proclaim themselves followers of Jesus Christ are not being truthful, IMO. (1 John 1:6)
This does not make Christianity wrong. Rather than look within our own treacherous hearts for the true religion, I believe we must look to the one true God who created us. (Jeremiah 17:9,10)

Wirey

Fartist
Nonsense. If there is only one God, then there is only one correct set of beliefs. If you don't pick the correct religion (remember, this Guy kicked Moses out for one little slip up) you're doomed for eternity. That's why I continue to worship Chuck Norris. It seems like as good a bet as any.

rusra02

Premium Member
Nonsense. If there is only one God, then there is only one correct set of beliefs. If you don't pick the correct religion (remember, this Guy kicked Moses out for one little slip up) you're doomed for eternity. That's why I continue to worship Chuck Norris. It seems like as good a bet as any.
I believe you are correct in saying if there is only one God, then there is only one correct set of beliefs. Moses lost out on entering the promised land, but I believe he will be resurrected to enjoy life forever here on the earth. (Acts 24:15)

Wirey

Fartist
Nope. God doesn't have a three strikes policy. Homer or bench, there's no middle ground. Moses blew it and gets to pay for one mistake for eternity. All those Catholics who had steak on Friday? Same thing. Jehovah's Witnesses who wore stylish clothing? Done.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I agree with you that persons who told you not to ask questions about Christianity are wrong. That is not what the Bible teaches. It tells us to use our power of reason. (Romans 12:1) Men and women of faith have asked difficult questions and were given answers. (Habakkuk 1:3) Many, In fact most who proclaim themselves followers of Jesus Christ are not being truthful, IMO. (1 John 1:6)
This does not make Christianity wrong. Rather than look within our own treacherous hearts for the true religion, I believe we must look to the one true God who created us. (Jeremiah 17:9,10)
Yes religion can be a good stepping stone, but a stepping stone is there for a reason, that is to take the next step, if we just stay on one step, well, we go nowhere.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
No I don't believe in the Moses story at all, I also don't have a belief in a personal god, so that doesn't bother me at all. Finding the truth for me is to go within, contemplate or meditate on the stories of the bible or any scriptures you like, don't cling to the story, we need to see where the story takes us as an individual. Following others and their beliefs is just being a sheep, we must go beyond being a sheep, we need to become the Master of our own destiny.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Nope. God doesn't have a three strikes policy. Homer or bench, there's no middle ground. Moses blew it and gets to pay for one mistake for eternity. All those Catholics who had steak on Friday? Same thing. Jehovah's Witnesses who wore stylish clothing? Done.
This doesn't sound like a nice god, I think I would hate to live in his presence.

rusra02

Premium Member
The Bible speaks well of Moses as an approved servant of God. (Matthew 17:3, Hebrews 11:24-26, Deuteronomy 32:10) The true God doesn't condemn us for mistakes and sins, if we repent. (Exodus 34:6,7) Moses lost a privilege but remains in God's favor. You must have some false god in mind, not Jehovah.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The reason I believe in finding our own religion is that, there are so many beliefs out there all arguing with each other to who is wrong and who is right. The sad thing is when we start to ask questions about god and where we stand in this universe, we are already being conditioned, right from the start. If we are born in a certain culture, we would then be under the beliefs of that cultures religion, and again we are then conditioned to that belief. For me personally, I prefer to look at all religions and see what they have to offer, that is if they have anything to offer.

The simple truth for me is that we are all one, we are all part of this cosmos, and that is basically my religion, if we are all one then why would we want to hurt others, why would we want to steal, kill, and all the rest of the so called law. Also if we are all one, why divide ourselves from each other, in belief systems that go against each other, why have wars against each other, we mostly treat our own immediate family with love and respect, but when we realize we are all one, then we are all family.

I feel that we don't need a god or saviour, are we really that stupid that we cannot work out what is right and what is wrong, this is why most are under the influence of their religion, they just cannot do what is right, they are so lazy that they want someone else to do it for them, they need a saviour to save them from their self lol.

For me finding my own religion has given me freedom, independence, no longer shackled to someone else's beliefs, or someone else's organization of what they believe to be truth. Of course there is nothing wrong in going to a congregation and meeting like minded people, but I believe we shouldn't cling to this congregation, its great as a stepping stone, until we make the next step, and on and on until we arrive at our own destination, we can then share our own experiences instead of listening and repeating experiences from others who lived over two thousand years ago or more. We are here, Now, we are not back then, back then they had their own way of looking and understanding god, but we are not back then so why cling to that which was back then, do we really want to go backwards instead of forwards.

Well this is how I see it, of course there is no right and wrong, we only need to find our own way thorough life, this is my own experience and I am here sharing my own experience.

Marisa

Dude. Bruce Lee. Hands down.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't think any human can quantify God in a correct manner and I think He speaks to different people in different ways, so who are we to question it?