• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"fierce war on this evil principle of democracy"

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The enemy is very clear ...
“We have declared a fierce war on this evil principle of democracy and those who follow this wrong ideology,” said the speaker, who identified himself as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, head of the al-Qaida affiliate in Iraq. “Anyone who tries to help set up this system is part of it.” - MSNBC
One's justified contempt for the ludicrous policies of the Bush administration should never lead to a misappreciation of the enemy and the far more fundamental struggle between secular democracy and Islamic fundamentalism. The crime of this administration is not that it declared a war on terrorism, but that it pursues that war in the most absurd fashion.

Pah

Uber all member
Deut. 32.8 said:
The enemy is very clear ...
One's justified contempt for the ludicrous policies of the Bush administration should never lead to a misappreciation of the enemy and the far more fundamental struggle between secular democracy and Islamic fundamentalism. The crime of this administration is not that it declared a war on terrorism, but that it pursues that war in the most absurd fashion.
Hear, hear!!!!

Was that some kind of hypocrit? Americans should now seem to have to refer to their own most basic hypocrisy in the whole escapade: that they, that means their government, was already in the embarassing situation of being the originators of the "the axis of Evil", that means DE FACTO.

May the Ayhatolla have the greatest success.

There is a far more greater crime than the ones are goverments are committing the pure fact that we as americans with the freedoms we have to actually make a change let this happen we willfully pull the covers over are heads and say "thats bad but it doesnt affect my watching football and drinking a beer so ill just forget it and when some one ever asks me what i think or care ill just say i would rather not talk about religion or politics it only starts a (contentious) argument" granted there are lots of americans that do care and make or want to make a difference were not doing enough this to me is a far greater crime than what bush and his admin have done.

No*s

Captain Obvious
It's book on improving grammar. He's suggesting you work on making your grammar better.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
No*s said:
It's a book on improving grammar.
Not that we all couldn't use that! (Or at least I could.)

Thanks for the insightful post, Deut. 32.8. It helped me to remember about where more of my focus should be on about this administration.

No*s

Captain Obvious
TheIdealist said:
ahhh thanks , propper grammar is my weakeness hopefully writing on here will help thanks

In that case, reread your posts when you're done. If you see something that sticks out like a sore thumb, edit it and fix it. As you keep fixing your posts, your grammar will improve. The book, no doubt, would help :). I haven't read it, though.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
What bothers me the most are not the subtle grammatical faults for which we are all guilty nor the common spelling errors but rather the stream of consciousness mindless liberal mini-tirades that bewail the insufficient appreciation of the very obvious fact that the sky is falling due to the machinations of the evil empire headed by the diabolical oil cartel and the insideous religious right while apathetic america sits back and watches its football games and drinks it beer instead of rising up and taking responsibility for our lousy stature in the civilized world especially when it is near universally recognized that things would have been qualitatively better with Kerry dropping the bombs instead.

Other than that, I could care less about punctuation. By the way ....

white space helps as well.

Do you seriously think there is any difference between bush or kerry besides oil and ketchup. All these career politicians and business men that think because they have a million bucks makes them qualified for the job even worse we put them there actually thinking their qualified. Conservative or liberal to different doors to the same room. The whole point is we are losing control very fast so what are we going to do about it?

Andra130

Deut. 32.8 said:
What bothers me the most are not the subtle grammatical faults for which we are all guilty nor the common spelling errors but rather the stream of consciousness mindless liberal mini-tirades ...
You know, I have been following a few of your posts, mostly because those posts follow the posts of a friend of mine, and I have to say that you can be very hostile to your fellow RF members. I understand how it can be rather perturbing that an individual has struggles with grammar, punctuation and the like but I hardly see that as grounds for discounting their ideas or thoughts. If that were the case, my favorite teacher never would have been a teacher considering she has dyslexia. People have strengths in different areas, and every individual has worth and has the ability to teach us some thing. And I mean EVERYONE. I just want to let all those who share their thoughts without discrimination and without prejudice that I appreciate their participation and they have made my involvement with Religious Forums very enjoyable indeed. Hopefully we can all work on keeping it that way.

PS. I heard about "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" on NPR when they interviewed the author and it seems like a fascinating book that I will have to go and buy myself. God knows I could use the improvement. Thank you for reminding me of it.
:bonk:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
TheIdealist said:
Do you seriously think there is any difference between bush or kerry besides oil and ketchup
Not so much as the difference between Bush|Kerry and Hussein|Koumeini, or between Islamic theocracy and secular democracy - no matter how imperfect.

TheIdealist said:
All these career politicians and business men that think because they have a million bucks makes them qualified for the job even worse we put them there actually thinking their qualified.
Much as you feel qualified to rant and rave and wallow in conspiracy theories.

TheIdealist said:
Conservative or liberal to different doors to the same room.
I agree. Many hunger for the comforts of such a room.

TheIdealist said:
The whole point is we are losing control very fast so what are we going to do about it?
Since you are the one clearly losing control, what would you suggest?

anders

Deut. 32.8 said:
What bothers me the most are not the subtle grammatical faults for which we are all guilty nor the common spelling errors but rather the stream of consciousness mindless liberal mini-tirades that bewail the insufficient appreciation of the very obvious fact that the sky is falling due to the machinations of the evil empire headed by the diabolical oil cartel and the insideous religious right while apathetic america sits back and watches its football games and drinks it beer instead of rising up and taking responsibility for our lousy stature in the civilized world especially when it is near universally recognized that things would have been qualitatively better with Kerry dropping the bombs instead.

Other than that, I could care less about punctuation. By the way ....

white space helps as well.
Imagine the smiley "bowing to you".