• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellowship - Faith alone Christians only

Special Revelation

You dont agree with the OP, so please remove yourself from this thread.

I completely agree with you Porkchop in regards to Nutshell (Mormon). You and your husband are my favorite Christian couple on this site! May you guys continue to glorify God and enjoy Him together as one in Christ! I have been blessed with a Christian wife. Therefore, I understand that great blessing from God!

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Here is something to think about

3rd John 1:9-10 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Many people say we shouldn't name names when discussing proponents of false doctrine but should refute their doctrine only but I think it is wise and only right to warn people of certain men and expose them.This only of course if they will not be corrected privately by sound doctrine.

Look at John here, watch out for Diotrophes he says, he like to be first, he likes to be highest, he will not accept apostolic authority, he rejects the brethren.

Judge not? or judge righteous judgement.

cturne

servant of God
Hello, and thank you for this thread! I think we are in agreement. I most certainly accept the Deity of Christ, the Trinity, Scripture alone and justification by faith alone. Sometimes it feels very discouraging to be in such a small minority - but I have no doubts whatsoever of my faith (of course not by anything I have done, but because of what Jesus has done for me). I pray for those who have not yet found Christ, and worry about my kids and grandchild, growing up in a world even more difficult for Christians than it was when I was growing up.

Special Revelation

Hello, and thank you for this thread! I think we are in agreement. I most certainly accept the Deity of Christ, the Trinity, Scripture alone and justification by faith alone. Sometimes it feels very discouraging to be in such a small minority - but I have no doubts whatsoever of my faith (of course not by anything I have done, but because of what Jesus has done for me). I pray for those who have not yet found Christ, and worry about my kids and grandchild, growing up in a world even more difficult for Christians than it was when I was growing up.

Welcome Sister-in Christ. I speak for all who have posted on this Thread with one exception of Nutshell who is Mormon. We have asked the moderators to prevent Nutshell from posting on this Thread. There are several others on this site that hold fast to the Faith that have not posted on this Thread. I hope they post on here soon so we can be publicly visible as Christians united as one in Christ. We are glad that you are here to share Christ! Don't get discouraged on this site, because God has you here for His purpose and our good.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

Yey, brilliant a Lutheran, we have spoken before though haven't we.

Cturne, do you hold to the doctrine of justification that Luther held? I have heard that many lutheran churches have made a joint decleration on justification with rome.

Without a doubt this doctrine is the one that people of all religions, sects and cults oppose the most with the trinity a close second maybe, for me though you cannot help someone to understand the gospel whilst excluding the doctrine of justification from it, in my mind it is the central issue.

I bet everyone asks you about this, being Lutheran and all. I do hope you continue to post on this thread.

nutshell

Welcome, Sister. I am undergoing a conversion and feel God calling me to accet the true Christ. I am learning about the Deity of Christ, the Trinity, Bible alone and justification by faith alone. I thought I understood these things, but God is revealing Truth to me. I am intensely reading the Bible right now. Please let me share a scripture that has pierced my heart.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Can anyone tell me how to select a church to attend? I want to go this Sunday.

Your brother in Christ. Nutshell.

Special Revelation

Welcome, Sister. I am undergoing a conversion and feel God calling me to accet the true Christ. I am learning about the Deity of Christ, the Trinity, Bible alone and justification by faith alone. I thought I understood these things, but God is revealing Truth to me. I am intensely reading the Bible right now. Please let me share a scripture that has pierced my heart.

Romans 8:1-2
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Can anyone tell me how to select a church to attend? I want to go this Sunday.

Your brother in Christ. Nutshell.

Hey Nutshell,

I have friends who left the Mormon Faith and know some of the inside scoop. Please post if you think Joseph Smith was a true or false prophet of God. Tell me what you think about Joseph Smith. What do you believe about the restoration of the apostate Christian Church? Everybody, let Nutshell answer before you respond to him. If Nutshell doesn't give us an answer in 30 minutes, please report him to our good friends, the RF Moderators.

:tribal:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Hey Nutshell,

I have friends who left the Mormon Faith and know some of the inside scoop. Please post if you think Joseph Smith was a true or false prophet of God. Tell me what you think about Joseph Smith. What do you believe about the restoration of the apostate Christian Church? Everybody, let Nutshell answer before you respond to him. If Nutshell doesn't give us an answer in 30 minutes, please report him to our good friends, the RF Moderators.

While I'm not Protestant (I used to be), I'd like to ask a question...

Why a time limit on his answer?

Oh! And how would the answer affect his newly-discovered path?

nutshell

Hey Nutshell,

Was Joseph Smith a true or false prophet of God and was an apostate Christian Church restored?

I don't know. That's part of my confusion. I'm attempting to fight something that's been ingrained in me for so long. I admit, I enjoyed the Mormon lifestyle, but I have a lot of doubts about Joseph Smith.

Polygamy? Treasure hunting? Building his personal army and prancing around like a general? It just doesn't ring true and fills me with doubt.

If you search the threads I created you'll find many from about six months or so ago questioning and challenging the LDS members of this forum regarding various Mormon teachings and doctrines.

Special Revelation

Was Joseph Smith a true or false prophet of God and was an apostate Christian Church restored?

I don't know. That's part of my confusion. I'm attempting to fight something that's been ingrained in me for so long. I admit, I enjoyed the Mormon lifestyle, but I have a lot of doubts about Joseph Smith.

Polygamy? Treasure hunting? Building his personal army and prancing around like a general? It just doesn't ring true and fills me with doubt.

If you search the threads I created you'll find many from about six months or so ago questioning and challenging the LDS members of this forum regarding various Mormon teachings and doctrines.

Please send the link to verify your claim. I know the unofficial... official postion of LDS Missionaries because I have friends who have left the LDS Church.

nutshell

I am so glad I'm reading the Bible.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

nutshell

Please send the link to verify your claim. I know the unofficial... official postion of LDS Missionaries because I have friends who have left the LDS Church.

The following are examples of past threads where I've been critical of the Mormon Church.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38600

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39393

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39700

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39582

Special Revelation

I am so glad I'm reading the Bible.

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Hey Nutshell...you make me laugh. Evangelicals don't talk like that. Just start the debate Thread "I have doubts about the LDS Faith...let's discuss it".

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Acts 9:26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.

nutshell

Acts 9:26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.

I'm still learning, brother. Can you explain this verse to me?