• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

fearing Allah

Mujahid Mohammed

john313 said:
according to the quran, those who are righteous do not need to fear the hellfire. if we believe that to be true, then why would we even give it enough thought to make du'a to avoid it if Allah has promised us the righteous believers will avoid it?
are you righteous, are you like the Messenger or the Salafs. Do you do all that is required of you. So how are you safe from it. How do you know you are righteous.
i prefer to ask Allah to increase my love and remove any evil thoughts from me. i do not see the need to make du'a for something Allah has already promised us
Wow! Do not see the need to make dua to keep you away from the fire.

john313

warrior-poet
Mujahid Mohammed said:
Which gospels from what bible. what do you mean it does not contradict the quran.
the particular thing we were discussing about isa telling us to be perfect, to strive for perfection.

the bible states Lot commited incest and is a drunk is this true. The bible says Solomon is a witch is this true according to the quran.

i did not say those things were true. the bible has many true things, but like the teachings of many prophets, parts have been modified by those who gained from changing it.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT please give me the verse that says the Christians and the Jews will be fine on the day of Judgment. And they can follow whoever they want. Read surah Imran verse 85.

2:62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

-even the righteous christians and jews will have no fear.

So what is the falsehood then.
that is a pretty broad question. in many courtrooms across the world the truth is considered false and lies are considered true.

are you righteous, are you like the Messenger or the Salafs. Do you do all that is required of you. So how are you safe from it. How do you know you are righteous.
i do what i believe God wants me to do, i constantly strive for perfection through spiritual, mental, and physical exercise-it does not matter if you win or lose, it is how you play the game. i do not claim to be 'righteous' or like the prophets, but i try to be as much like they would be today as possible. this whole world was created only for a testing ground, i only strive to be a perfect servant.

Wow! Do not see the need to make dua to keep you away from the fire.

correct.

peace

Mujahid Mohammed

john313 said:
the particular thing we were discussing about isa telling us to be perfect, to strive for perfection.
and again i was saying you have no way in knowing if he made the statement due to the alteration of the text.
i did not say those things were true. the bible has many true things, but like the teachings of many prophets, parts have been modified by those who gained from changing it.
So stop saying that Issa said to stive to be perfect when you have no way of verifying if he even said it.
2:62 Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
-even the righteous christians and jews will have no fear.
as I told you explain this verse along with the verse of Surah Imran verse 85. Also explain what Allah says to Issa on the Day of Judgment when he admonishes him for the worship of him and his mother. you cannot use to term Christian and Jew referring to these groups we have today. He is referring to a specific group of them. Living in the time of their messenger and supported them. Because if that is the case then the Jews and Christians have nothing to worry about and then there is no reason to give them the message. Read the tafsir on this ayat
that is a pretty broad question. in many courtrooms across the world the truth is considered false and lies are considered true.
I am not talking about people ideas of truth. I am talking about the truth of Muhammed and Allah's relgion and his word. that is the basis of truth and the standards of truth we are to represent in our lives and the lives of others.I am talking about the validity of their religion compared to ours based on evidence.
i do what i believe God wants me to do,
And how do you know what that is. do you just think whatever you want or did the Creator give you something complete as a mercy and a messenger to live by in terms of his example.
i constantly strive for perfection through spiritual, mental, and physical exercise-it does not matter if you win or lose, it is how you play the game. i do not claim to be 'righteous' or like the prophets, but i try to be as much like they would be today as possible. this whole world was created only for a testing ground, i only strive to be a perfect servant.
One of the things one needs for this is the fear of the fire. you are not promised it just by being muslim. You have to fear the fire and the day of Judgment. what is the evidence One of the best dua's in the quran is Surah imran:16,surah imran:191,surah Furqan:65-66,surah momin:7, and the many, many, many duas of the Muhammed where he is seeking refuge in Allah from it. Are you better than him where you feel you do not have to ask. these duas are what the most righteous of mankind performed and did regularly. if you strive as you say to be a perfect servant do not think that seeking refuge in Allah from hellfire is not neccessary for you and myself who are far worse than they are. If anything wisdom should show you that we should actually be doing more than them. To say you do not need to ask Allah to save you from something that you have no idea whether or not you are gonna recieve it or not is borderline arrogant. When times get rough or things get difficult why ask for anything or make dua if it is already destined. Be careful. I am not saying you are arrogant but anyone who claims he does not need to ask Allah for refuge from the one thing the Messenger came to warn us about. I don't know man, may Allah give you a softer heart and increase you in your knowledge of the Qur'an and seek refuge in Allah from what brings the ultimate humiliation. Be humble, seek the mercy of Allah from the punishments.

Timewarp

john313 said:
should we fear or love Allah, or both?
do we truly love something if we fear it?

peace, love, and cute babies
Fear is used in Islam as a tool to insure people perform good deeds.

In case you didn't know, in Islam hell or Jahannam is temporary.

And since you go to paradise anyways, eventually, it would seem like no one has anything to fear and could do anything they wished.

But this isn't true and Allah shows this with his wrath. You certainly wouldn't want to make someone who could easily crush quasars together angry, now would you?

This is a part of how Allah conveys fear into you. But its not like he is trying to control you, but simply to make your life better.

We can easily think of ourselves and juvenile wolves. We are young and immature. And even though each of us wants to do what's best for the pact, we are always caught up in the revelation that we can never agree with one another. So we attack one another in viccious and ulitmately immature querrels. Allah, the merciful one, sees our stupidity and rather than just exterminating us and replacing us with more well behaved subjects. He presents a member of our race with the honor and knowledge of a "prophet" to walk amongst us in promoting good will and morality. Muhammad is the last of this line of prophets. Fear is promoted in the faith to insure that people do what is needed to insure a peaceful community. Because after all the whole reason why we have religion is to eccentially promote peace and stability within our own race.

Incase you were confused, I refer to all of humanity as one race. And I'm sorry if I have said anything offensive to anyone here.

Mujahid Mohammed

Timewarp said:
Fear is used in Islam as a tool to insure people perform good deeds.
it is only one part. there is also the reward. all various teaching systems are built upon this type of system in one way or another.

In case you didn't know, in Islam hell or Jahannam is temporary.
Only for the muslims.

And since you go to paradise anyways, eventually, it would seem like no one has anything to fear and could do anything they wished.
it seems you do not know what the muslim description of hellfire is. Insha Allah maybe I will post the different descriptions of Jahannam.

But this isn't true and Allah shows this with his wrath. You certainly wouldn't want to make someone who could easily crush quasars together angry, now would you?
It is not wrath. It is a system of justice. If someone had rights over you like your parents for instance. when you or anyone else who is raised in the house of their parents commits a wrong or an injustice set up on the principles they have created and mandated for you. Is is wrathful and veangeful when you get punished or is it justice. The person who has rights over you tells you to do something and says if you do this you will be punished. that is justice. Every criminal in america knows the punishment for their crimes and we call it a justice system. (that is laughable) But Allah's system of Justice is perfect for he is the Just. His Justice knows no limit. does not the one who created you and created everything you know in existence for you, have all the rights. i mean if you create a product and get a patent do you not own ALL THE RIGHTS to that product. think about it.

This is a part of how Allah conveys fear into you. But its not like he is trying to control you, but simply to make your life better.
I agree somewhat but it is not to make life better in a way yes but the essense is the get one to Jannah. Because not everyone is promised a long life. but everyone is promised either Jannah or Nar.

john313

warrior-poet
Mujahid Mohammed said:
and again i was saying you have no way in knowing if he made the statement due to the alteration of the text.
So stop saying that Issa said to stive to be perfect when you have no way of verifying if he even said it.
so by your logic, george washington did not exist because it is not verified in the quran and you have never met him in person, so you do not really know he existed.

as I told you explain this verse along with the verse of Surah Imran verse 85. Also explain what Allah says to Issa on the Day of Judgment when he admonishes him for the worship of him and his mother. you cannot use to term Christian and Jew referring to these groups we have today. He is referring to a specific group of them. Living in the time of their messenger and supported them. Because if that is the case then the Jews and Christians have nothing to worry about and then there is no reason to give them the message. Read the tafsir on this ayat
i just read what the quran says. there are 7 meanings to each ayat, so limiting yourself to 1 meaning seems quite restricting and will severely limit spiritual growth.

I am not talking about people ideas of truth. I am talking about the truth of Muhammed and Allah's relgion and his word. that is the basis of truth and the standards of truth we are to represent in our lives and the lives of others.I am talking about the validity of their religion compared to ours based on evidence.
And how do you know what that is. do you just think whatever you want or did the Creator give you something complete as a mercy and a messenger to live by in terms of his example.
One of the things one needs for this is the fear of the fire. you are not promised it just by being muslim. You have to fear the fire and the day of Judgment. what is the evidence One of the best dua's in the quran is Surah imran:16,surah imran:191,surah Furqan:65-66,surah momin:7, and the many, many, many duas of the Muhammed where he is seeking refuge in Allah from it. Are you better than him where you feel you do not have to ask. these duas are what the most righteous of mankind performed and did regularly. if you strive as you say to be a perfect servant do not think that seeking refuge in Allah from hellfire is not neccessary for you and myself who are far worse than they are. If anything wisdom should show you that we should actually be doing more than them. To say you do not need to ask Allah to save you from something that you have no idea whether or not you are gonna recieve it or not is borderline arrogant. When times get rough or things get difficult why ask for anything or make dua if it is already destined. Be careful. I am not saying you are arrogant but anyone who claims he does not need to ask Allah for refuge from the one thing the Messenger came to warn us about. I don't know man, may Allah give you a softer heart and increase you in your knowledge of the Qur'an and seek refuge in Allah from what brings the ultimate humiliation. Be humble, seek the mercy of Allah from the punishments.
i choose not to live in fear, and according to the quran if i am a righteous believer and do good works, i do not need to fear the fire.

peace

-sorry for the short reply but i have to get going :)

Mujahid Mohammed

john313 said:
so by your logic, george washington did not exist because it is not verified in the quran and you have never met him in person, so you do not really know he existed.
What does George Washington existence have to do with the validity of some statements supposedly said by Jesus in the Bible. What is the Evidence is all i referring to. do you have evidence that he said that.

i just read what the quran says. there are 7 meanings to each ayat, so limiting yourself to 1 meaning seems quite restricting and will severely limit spiritual growth.
Please give me the 7 meanings to which you prefer. I have many other ayats saying the same thing 5:14-19,2:120, 2:135-139, 5:51-53,5:68-77.

i choose not to live in fear, and according to the quran if i am a righteous believer and do good works, i do not need to fear the fire.

peace

-sorry for the short reply but i have to get going :)
no problem if you choose to not live in fear then you choose to live contrary to the Prophet and his companion I will pray for you if you do not wish to pray for yourself, Asalamu alaikum

john313

warrior-poet
Mujahid Mohammed said:
What does George Washington existence have to do with the validity of some statements supposedly said by Jesus in the Bible. What is the Evidence is all i referring to. do you have evidence that he said that.
i was simply showing the extent of the logic you were using for your decision making. george doesn't have much to do with anything anymore, except in grade school history class.
this was posted in another thread:
Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

[FONT=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif]"Allah loves that if one does a job he perfects it."[/FONT]
what could be a more important job than living to praise the creator of all things. also there is the fact that it is in the gospels, does not contradict anything in the quran, and makes perfect sense. Allah loves those who strives for perfection. Allah has promised paradise to those who are righteous and do good works. if one believes and follows the word of Allah, there is no reason to fear the fire. the only reason to fear is if one intends to continue sinning and harboring evil in one's heart. there is also the letter of james in the bible that says something like: 'one who is guilty of breaking any part of the law is guilty of all' (i have not read it in a while, but that is basically what it says). there have been christian preachers who wanted this letter taken out of the bible because it is anti-pauline and it is islamic since james was muslim. but it basically says we should try to become perfect. this letter is excellent reading and has a lot of good knowledge in it and i would recommend it to all, it is anti-paul, since james, the religious successor to jesus, was against paul and his anti-islamic teachings, hence the murder of james......

no problem if you choose to not live in fear then you choose to live contrary to the Prophet and his companion I will pray for you if you do not wish to pray for yourself, Asalamu alaikum
everyone is entitled to their opinion. thank you for the prayers, we could all use extra prayers, but there are many who need them worse than i, like the innocent people being killed everyday and those starving to death while our neighbors are gluttons. there needs to be some peace in the world sometime soon, my du'as are getting too long :)

peace

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Brother john, as you said: everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Nevertheless, I believe, it's our obligation as muslims brothers and sisters to study our religion and discuss it among ourselves and "God willing" all of us will be rewarded for that.

Therefore, i want you to observe with me the meaning of this verse and why God teaches us to pray and ask for his forgivness and mercy.

On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear (we are not perfect). It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (we will be rewarded and we gonna sin as well because of our human nature) (Pray:) (direct order)"Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before ,us; (nations and prophets before us) our Lord! lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; help us against those who stand against Faith." (Quran 2:286)

Do you recall the hadith when prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" said (in the meaning of the hadith) that no one will enter to heaven by his deeds. They said, not even you, O Messenger of Allah? He replied, not even me unless Allah save me with his mercy upon me. (this is not the excact hadith but i tried to translate it from arabic because i couldn't find the translated one into english).

The Messenger of Allah ! see how humble he was with God. He didn't gurantee heaven for himself but he is willing to get the mercy of Allah to make him enter to heaven.

So, to the important question ...

Are we better than prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" whom God forgave his sins in the past and in the future?

Mujahid Mohammed

john313 said:
i was simply showing the extent of the logic you were using for your decision making. george doesn't have much to do with anything anymore, except in grade school history class.
this was posted in another thread:
My Logic, This is your logic you are the one who brought George into this. All i am saying is if the bible has been changed severly how can you use it as a viable source for any of your discussion. Yet you keep quoting Jesus from the bible. How this is what we were discussing correct or not. whether or not Jesus said that we are to be perfect. when it is a impossibility

what could be a more important job than living to praise the creator of all things. also there is the fact that it is in the gospels, does not contradict anything in the quran, and makes perfect sense.
If what you say is true then there would have been no reason to bring the quran. The bible states Sulaiman was a witch. The bible states Lot had sex with his daughters. The bible says Jacob stole the wife of a man and none of these statements as you say contradict the Quran. Brother the bible contradicts itself as well as the Jewish scriptures from which it supposedly came from yet you say it Does not contradict anything in the Quran. tha is amazaing. When the bible says Jesus is your lord I guess that doesn't contradict anything in it.

there is also the letter of james in the bible that says something like: 'one who is guilty of breaking any part of the law is guilty of all' (i have not read it in a while, but that is basically what it says). there have been christian preachers who wanted this letter taken out of the bible because it is anti-pauline and it is islamic since james was muslim.
there are some islamic things in it. But there is alot of kufr in it as well. People need a little truth inorder to fully believe the lie. So if this is sufficient for you then stop reading quran and study the bible since it is the above all truth to you. And as you say does not contradict the Quran

everyone is entitled to their opinion. thank you for the prayers, we could all use extra prayers, but there are many who need them worse than i, like the innocent people being killed everyday and those starving to death while our neighbors are gluttons. there needs to be some peace in the world sometime soon, my du'as are getting too long :)

peace
Yeah people are entitled still does not make them correct

Islamic-Fighter

Asallamualakum,
Muslims should always fear Allah the Al Mighty. In the Hadith, it is written that many men have feared Allah so much, they cried and lost their eyesight. You SHOULD fear Allah! He is your Lord and Creator! He has the power to do anything he wants. I hope this helps inshAllah and i have a question for you my brothers. How can you show fear to Allah?

Wasif.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi brother islamic, i don't claim to know alot about what you really ask about in here but i gonna answer about how i see fearing Allah.

The first thing which comes to my mind when i think of fearing Allah is being ashamd that Allah might see me when i do a sin so i fear him from seeing me doing it and i feel ashamed that i might die while i'm doing that sin. I see this as the most important basic thing.

The other brothers and sisters in here might help as well.

Welcome to the forum .. :)