• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of homosexuality

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
None of those mention homosexuality. The best translation for Corinthians is “male prostitute,” not “homosexual.”
Sorry to ask so bluntly but do you have problem reading?
In the text i gave you it said "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry to ask so bluntly but do you have problem reading?
In the text i gave you it said "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites"
It is rather clear that he was disagreeing with the translation that you used.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So you don't even have religion as an excuse to believe those things.
In Buddhism it also says one should not do sexual misconduct, but the word Homosexual is not used no. but the teacher and other monks I have spoken with say Homosexuality is within the word sexual misconduct.
But that i hold this belief about homosexuality stronger then many other Buddhists does not make it a wrong view according to Buddhism.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In Buddhism it also says one should not do sexual misconduct, but the word Homosexual is not used no. but the teacher and other monks I have spoken with say Homosexuality is within the word sexual misconduct.
But that i hold this belief about homosexuality stronger then many other Buddhists does not make it a wrong view according to Buddhism.
Those people are wrong to say that as there was nothing against homosexuality in the Buddhist scriptures or in Indian culture at the time. But you have mistaken people in all religions. Homophobia was brought into Asia by the British and now even they've renounced and apologized for it while their former colonies keep persecuting LGBT people because of their past screwups. What a mess.

You should look at that belief and see if it is logical to hold or not.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Those people are wrong to say that as there was nothing against homosexuality in the Buddhist scriptures or in Indian culture at the time. But you have mistaken people in all religions. Homophobia was brought into Asia by the British and now even they've renounced and apologized for it while their former colonies keep persecuting LGBT people because of their past screwups. What a mess.

You should look at that belief and see if it is logical to hold or not.
it is logical to all Religious people.
As i said earlier, being homosexual in itself is not the wrong part, the act of it is. because man and woman can get children, two of the same sex can not get children.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As i said earlier, being homosexual in itself is not the wrong part, the act of it is. because man and woman can get children, two of the same sex can not get children.
Excuse me? I'm a religious person and it's totally illogical to me and many others. What a stupid statement. It's illogical just from looking at nature. You're being irrational here.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do
Excuse me? I'm a religious person and it's totally illogical to me and many others. What a stupid statement. It's illogical just from looking at nature. You're being irrational here.
you mean to say because animals can do homosexual at us as human beings should be as animals and indulge in everything animals do?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Do

you mean to say because animals can do homosexual at us as human beings should be as animals and indulge in everything animals do?
Humans are animals. My point is that nature shows that sex isn't just for reproduction as non-reproductive sexual activity is found throughout the animal kingdom. There's at least hundreds of species where homosexual behavior has been documented. Most indigenous religions and cultures treated homosexuality as just a fact of life and there was social space for that. Sometimes important cultural rites included homosexuality.

So, no. When you actually look at the evidence at hand, it is not logical to conclude that homosexuality is wrong somehow. It's not harmful in of itaelf and apparently fulfills important evolutionary roles or else it would've been phased out.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Humans are animals. My point is that nature shows that sex isn't just for reproduction as non-reproductive sexual activity is found throughout the animal kingdom. There's at least hundreds of species where homosexual behavior has been documented. Most indigenous religions and cultures treated homosexuality as just a fact of life and there was social space for that. Sometimes important cultural rites included homosexuality.

So, no. When you actually look at the evidence at hand, it is not logical to conclude that homosexuality is wrong somehow. It's not harmful in of itaelf and apparently fulfills important evolutionary roles or else it would've been phased out.
i agree to disagree with you on this. I do not see human beings as animals.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
i agree to disagree with you on this. I do not see human beings as animals.
Tell that to science. We're apes, primates. It's not a matter of belief any more than evolution is. Honestly, you sound more like a Christian fundamentalist than a Buddhist. Reminds me of why I don't like Theravada and much prefer Mahayana.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
:confused::eek:
I’m religious. Being against homosexuality (acts or otherwise) seems highly illogical to me. It just seems so randomly arbitrary and a pathetic waste of time to assign it to the “sinful” category.
Who cares if two guys or two ladies can’t make babies? We’re overpopulated and having a potion of the species that does not procreate is a legitimate survival strategy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes i know. but no matter what "evidence" that is put in front of him, he refuses to accept it.so i am sorry i sounded rude in my post
I have not gotten into the original Hebrew in context of the verses in question so I do not know what "evidence" you used yourself. Often translations are affected by the prejudices of the translator. And that can go both ways. At any rate it would only be a case of how the Bible was wrong if the translation in question was accurate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am sorry, but you misused the word "logical" . There are plenty of straight people to carry on the task of humanity 's survival. There is no excuse to make the lives of a few miserable. Your views which should be neutral appear to have been tainted by homophobia.