• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of God

dave_

It turns out eternal hell may not be a valid teaching.Only punishment afterlife is death (eternal destruction) according to some.If that's the case the problem will be solved for me.Even if eternal hell is valid i think i cannot go back.

edit:I've seen last post after writing this.

Last edited:
The reason i opened this topic here is because i decided to actively practice lhp.So far i read Satanic Bible , Black Magic by Michael Aquino , Lords of LHP and some internet reading.

I have been an atheist for a long time since i was 15.Before becoming an atheist i always feared god.This was perhaps the main reason of my atheism.I remember thinking about the sufferings of hell obsesively and being terrified.So i tried to disprove the existence of god to myself because the thought of suffering at the hands of an omnipotent being for all eternity was too much.This fear was sickening my soul.

Now i know athesim (or at least rejecting abrahamic god) is correct because atheistic people are much more healthy , productive and like... better in everyway.Beign an atheist certainly made me better.

But still sometimes i feel that old fear.It is like recorded somewhere in my soul.Like although weakened god is still watching me waiting for my weak moment to attack , to crush me.Abrahamic god means only punishment and pain to me.

So can you say you overcome fear of god completely?If so how?

No you can't, you should fear Him, He's the Almighty! He is always watching, He knows you intimately, what's in your heart, what your thinking and doing. You will always feel that because you are His child. He knows how many hairs are on your head. He's not waiting to crush you, you can do that all by yourself. What He's trying to do is love you and bring you back to Him. And we are always in Spiritual warfare. The devil is the exact opposite of God. He's a liar and schemer and always trying to keeps us from the Light and Truth. But not even close to equal. But you can trust that Jesus will defeat the Devil and in the end, He will be locked away in Hell where he belongs for 1000 years. God always prevails. Why you would want to worship the Devil is crazy. You're on the losing team. I've read Anton Levey's Satanic Bible. It's all about indulgence and doing whatever you want to have whatever you want. I'd like to know how and why you went from believing in nothing to worshiping the Devil.

No you can't, you should fear Him, He's the Almighty! He is always watching, He knows you intimately, what's in your heart, what your thinking and doing. You will always feel that because you are His child. He knows how many hairs are on your head. He's not waiting to crush you, you can do that all by yourself. What He's trying to do is love you and bring you back to Him. And we are always in Spiritual warfare. The devil is the exact opposite of God. He's a liar and schemer and always trying to keeps us from the Light and Truth. But not even close to equal. But you can trust that Jesus will defeat the Devil and in the end, He will be locked away in Hell where he belongs for 1000 years. God always prevails. Why you would want to worship the Devil is crazy. You're on the losing team. I've read Anton Levey's Satanic Bible. It's all about indulgence and doing whatever you want to have whatever you want. I'd like to know how and why you went from believing in nothing to worshiping the Devil.

I would be afraid too, you're choosing to spend eternity there. Hell is real and you will be suffering for all eternity, are you willing to lose you soul and be separated from God forever?

And why should we fear him? Weren't you taught in church that 'God' loves you? Why would you fear someone who supposedly loves you? Food for thought I suppose.

ScottySatan

I don't think that someone can chose what they believe. I did not choose to become an atheist. When I did become an atheist, Satanism was obvious. The loss of that fear set me free.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I am an atheist in the sense that I don't believe in the Christian god; no need to fear something that does not exist. The origins of the Universe are a mystery which mankind is no where near understanding, and ideas of a creator god and religious guide-books explaining everything away is just taking the easy way, and being intellectually and spiritually lazy and blind.

Last edited:

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
The reason i opened this topic here is because i decided to actively practice lhp.So far i read Satanic Bible , Black Magic by Michael Aquino , Lords of LHP and some internet reading.

I have been an atheist for a long time since i was 15.Before becoming an atheist i always feared god.This was perhaps the main reason of my atheism.I remember thinking about the sufferings of hell obsesively and being terrified.So i tried to disprove the existence of god to myself because the thought of suffering at the hands of an omnipotent being for all eternity was too much.This fear was sickening my soul.

Now i know athesim (or at least rejecting abrahamic god) is correct because atheistic people are much more healthy , productive and like... better in everyway.Beign an atheist certainly made me better.

But still sometimes i feel that old fear.It is like recorded somewhere in my soul.Like although weakened god is still watching me waiting for my weak moment to attack , to crush me.Abrahamic god means only punishment and pain to me.

So can you say you overcome fear of god completely?If so how?
The more you fear god the more he will have power over you.

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
I would argue that most Atheists simply swap science + skepticism with theology + faith. They simply are dogmatic about a different thing. They're the same, and equally likely to be incorrect as the others. Let's face it religions are more artistic and impressionistic in their worldview than science is, but that doesn't make them glaringly incorrect about everything. Expressing truths metaphorically vs empirically isn't much different -- especially with the foundation points of scientific knowledge constantly in a state of flux.

Science merely looks at the problem from bottom up and religion looks at it from the top down. The truth really is somewhere in the middle. =)

As far as the OP:

Fear is the only thing God believing religions sell. If you're in the market for the product then you probably should hook up with them. We can't help you here. Blasphemy rites do not work for people who don't reject the teachings.
Why muddy the waters?

VioletVortex

Even if the Christian god were real and wanted to damn me for eternity in a torturous Hell, I would not fall to my knees just so I could get into heaven. Also, utopia is an impossible because happiness is subjective.

I may have already posted here...

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Even if the Christian god were real and wanted to damn me for eternity in a torturous Hell, I would not fall to my knees just so I could get into heaven. Also, utopia is an impossible because happiness is subjective.

I may have already posted here...
God does wants to see people suffer. God's logic "If you do not believe in me or follow my rules I will throw you in hell". Basically god just wants control and wants worship.

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
You guys over simplify it but yes by the way God has created us and our way of logic and thought there is no way he could've created us without the intention for us to suffer. Its simply a by product of his own logical inconsistencies.

This is only true if you think that God is here to protect us from everything though, like many Christians think their god does, this is why their religion does not make any sense. If a religion believes that their God isn't here to protect us at every step than this can't be assumed.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Also, utopia is an impossible because happiness is subjective.

Exactly. I was told as a child that in heaven everyone gets their own golden mansion. Well, maybe my idea of heavenly paradise is a great black fortress atop a dark mountain surrounded below by a surging sea of fire and above by a churning tempest and a Sun eternally eclipsed by an inverse pentagram, hmm?

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

So he's all powerful yet incapable of just going ahead and saving everyone? You believe in a manipulative monster who only cares about you so long as you continue to boost his ego.

VioletVortex

God does wants to see people suffer. God's logic "If you do not believe in me or follow my rules I will throw you in hell". Basically god just wants control and wants worship.

Yes. There is no way I'd ever follow someone so powerhungry. All he wants is veneration. I believe Hell is the spiritual realm, and that it's pretty varied, but I don't think it's a place of torture. I don't even know if it's the afterlife, and I really don't care. I care about this world. If it is an afterlife, it's probably where only the souls strong enough to stay intact as one entity go.

My idea of "paradise" is totally different than that of the Christian heaven. It would be eternal life with an eternal supply of food and girls in some house in the middle of the forest, in eternal night. If if I woke up in heaven with some gigantic bearded man standing over me, I'd hope life isn't eternal.

VioletVortex

You guys over simplify it but yes by the way God has created us and our way of logic and thought there is no way he could've created us without the intention for us to suffer. Its simply a by product of his own logical inconsistencies.

This is only true if you think that God is here to protect us from everything though, like many Christians think their god does, this is why their religion does not make any sense. If a religion believes that their God isn't here to protect us at every step than this can't be assumed.

If we were protected to the unknown, we would never gain it's experience. Also, if their alleged god were here to protect us, you'd think with how all powerful he is, that he would have done that by now, and you'd think that he'd just create us all to conform to his will anyways with no free will, and have us in heaven for a life of eternal monotony and bore.