• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear of God

dave_

The reason i opened this topic here is because i decided to actively practice lhp.So far i read Satanic Bible , Black Magic by Michael Aquino , Lords of LHP and some internet reading.

I have been an atheist for a long time since i was 15.Before becoming an atheist i always feared god.This was perhaps the main reason of my atheism.I remember thinking about the sufferings of hell obsesively and being terrified.So i tried to disprove the existence of god to myself because the thought of suffering at the hands of an omnipotent being for all eternity was too much.This fear was sickening my soul.

Now i know athesim (or at least rejecting abrahamic god) is correct because atheistic people are much more healthy , productive and like... better in everyway.Beign an atheist certainly made me better.

But still sometimes i feel that old fear.It is like recorded somewhere in my soul.Like although weakened god is still watching me waiting for my weak moment to attack , to crush me.Abrahamic god means only punishment and pain to me.

So can you say you overcome fear of god completely?If so how?

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Learn to grow and trust in your own power. The stronger you are and the stronger you seem human potential the less you will feat good. I found a good dose of humanism is helpful.. also you can look at many a myth of gods being over thrown. You can also study aapothes and become an autotheist.

To sum it up, human have the power, we are the goods and we are great. If god exist he should fear us.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Sorry for the typod/gramar ill try to clean it up when I can get on a comp

Iti oj

Premium Member
Another thought, either god does not exist and does not matter or god is good and it does not matter or god is the enemy of man kind ad wholy unworthy of our worship.

Mortose

Dark Adept
The reason i opened this topic here is because i decided to actively practice lhp.So far i read Satanic Bible , Black Magic by Michael Aquino , Lords of LHP and some internet reading.

I have been an atheist for a long time since i was 15.Before becoming an atheist i always feared god.This was perhaps the main reason of my atheism.I remember thinking about the sufferings of hell obsesively and being terrified.So i tried to disprove the existence of god to myself because the thought of suffering at the hands of an omnipotent being for all eternity was too much.This fear was sickening my soul.

Now i know athesim (or at least rejecting abrahamic god) is correct because atheistic people are much more healthy , productive and like... better in everyway.Beign an atheist certainly made me better.

But still sometimes i feel that old fear.It is like recorded somewhere in my soul.Like although weakened god is still watching me waiting for my weak moment to attack , to crush me.Abrahamic god means only punishment and pain to me.

Old habits are often hard to break. Why ask others for a charitable donation of knowledge? Go learn from further experience?

As for your guff about Atheists being more healthy, productive and the like? Utter crap! Atheists are simply human beings who choose to not believe in a higher spiritual power. They often believe in science and might value money or success in another form as their "guiding light". Atheists do have gods (guiding archetypes), just not in the traditionally established form. Regarding productivity, this is up to perception. I do not happen to veiw being able to buy more material crap because one makes the money to do so as progress. Likewise, I do not buy into the perception that progress is all about science or technology. It really boils down to perspective, progress is what you make it.

Mortose

Dark Adept
Another thought, either god does not exist and does not matter or god is good and it does not matter or god is the enemy of man kind ad wholy unworthy of our worship.

Does this philosophy accomplish your goals in existence? Why did you post this?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Old habits are often hard to break. Why ask others for a charitable donation of knowledge? Go learn from further experience?

As for your guff about Atheists being more healthy, productive and the like? Utter crap! Atheists are simply human beings who choose to not believe in a higher spiritual power. They often believe in science and might value money or success in another form as their "guiding light". Atheists do have gods (guiding archetypes), just not in the traditionally established form. Regarding productivity, this is up to perception. I do not happen to veiw being able to buy more material crap because one makes the money to do so as progress. Likewise, I do not buy into the perception that progress is all about science or technology. It really boils down to perspective, progress is what you make it.
None of that has to atheism, this is a strawmen at its finest.

dave_

Learn to grow and trust in your own power. The stronger you are and the stronger you seem human potential the less you will feat good. I found a good dose of humanism is helpful.. also you can look at many a myth of gods being over thrown. You can also study aapothes and become an autotheist.

To sum it up, human have the power, we are the goods and we are great. If god exist he should fear us.

I know aim of lhp is to make individual will stronger.I also like the feeling that i run my own show and i dont need any help for surviving.But even if we make our individual power grow the idea of abrahamic god will always be there with a possibility of destroying us (or at least me) and all of our efforts will be for nothing.So solution cannot be solely strengthening will.The solution must be the eradication of abrahamic god from our psyche.

I was reading something online about god, demons etc and while reading about this i immediately got a severe headache and felt weak.I remembered how i used to feel before.Thats what i am talking about although i've been an atheist for 10+ years , used lots of logical arguements , didnt think about god for a long time still this fear is in me.It is an emotion without logic.

I am atheist but highly spiritual.From what i observed i think most will agree people who fear god are less healty psychologically.Because fear sickens the mind and soul.Also they repress most of things deemed unacceptable like sexuality and as a result their animalistic instincts get stronger and prevent them thinking healthily.

Last edited:

dave_

I have seen people who i believe were totally godless and the power they had.But i am not like them.

Last edited:

Mortose

Dark Adept
I am atheist but highly spiritual.From what i observed i think most will agree people who fear god are less healty psychologically.Because fear sickens the mind and soul.Also they repress most of things deemed unacceptable like sexuality and as a result their animalistic instincts get stronger and prevent them thinking healthily.

Fear sickens the mind? I disagree again. Fear is a reaction and like any reaction can be turned to benefit or left to hinder. As for "soul", my response is likewise. Those who fear "God", simply fear "God". They are products of religious conditioning just as you are a product of social conditioning. Fearing "God" can be psychologically unhealthy but that does not make it a constant. Some define a fear of God as being about high respect. Some define it as literal fear. Neither is always unhealthy. Then again, what is "healthy" to you might not be to others and likewise.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I used to be Catholic. For awhile in my teens, I was so scared of going to hell or being possessed. Then I pretty much grew out of it. I started thinking of how illogical it all was. As for dealing with emotional ties, you can do blasphemy rites. For some of us, it just takes blaspheming the Abrahamic god in our heads or listening to blasphemous music or reading blasphemous writings. Turn your fear into anger and hatred. It's cathartic. Eventually you'll realize that that deity is impotent when it comes to having any control over your life. The only control it has is the control you give it.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

I'd say completely. Though I'll never, and I don't think anyone, could ever literally stop being devastated when actually considering "IF hell exists" (considering hell, as properly termed, is a place of torment, and therefore never any mercy contrary to popular belief).

Even if hell were to exist, I am honestly at the point where I would not start kissing God's *** to have a chance to not be put there. That, to me, is as foolish as bowing to Hitler to not cause conflict. Maybe my slight anarchist mindset has gotten me to this point, but if a God existed that truly were like that, I wouldn't want to shape my reality any different to redeem myself, it's unworthy of my worship, even though I doubt it would care either way. I'm not the kind of person who supports something that displeases me in order to get something I want.

Or in the even more extreme case: supporting something that enrages me in order for a chance to not get something I don't want...

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I would argue that most Atheists simply swap science + skepticism with theology + faith. They simply are dogmatic about a different thing. They're the same, and equally likely to be incorrect as the others. Let's face it religions are more artistic and impressionistic in their worldview than science is, but that doesn't make them glaringly incorrect about everything. Expressing truths metaphorically vs empirically isn't much different -- especially with the foundation points of scientific knowledge constantly in a state of flux.

Science merely looks at the problem from bottom up and religion looks at it from the top down. The truth really is somewhere in the middle. =)

As far as the OP:

Fear is the only thing God believing religions sell. If you're in the market for the product then you probably should hook up with them. We can't help you here. Blasphemy rites do not work for people who don't reject the teachings.

ametist

I didnt stop fearing god. It is ok and natural that I have it when I think of what God is and what God is capable of. I only learned to trust God that whenever I am afraid of God, God is the only one to save me from it.

Lets make an example. If you were to see Anubis in the middle of your bedroom it is only God who can keep you calm and save your sanity and make you see it normal till the end of experience. Your soul and sanity is at God's hand & care. However it is desired. Once you have the experience then you make peace with your fear, but no, it doesnt ever seize to exist fully. Fear of God is suppose to end only when your love of God ends.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Even if hell were to exist, I am honestly at the point where I would not start kissing God's *** to have a chance to not be put there. That, to me, is as foolish as bowing to Hitler to not cause conflict. Maybe my slight anarchist mindset has gotten me to this point, but if a God existed that truly were like that, I wouldn't want to shape my reality any different to redeem myself, it's unworthy of my worship, even though I doubt it would care either way. I'm not the kind of person who supports something that displeases me in order to get something I want.

There is no hell in the original Greek text of the new testament. The old testament used the word sheol which just meant underworld basically -- everyone went there. Later in history certain parts of the gospel were completely rewritten with the Hell-speak and Hades talk. Hades is a god not a place, but that didn't stop the Christians for using him as one despite the fact that the transliteration error is nearly two-thousand years old.

In all that time none of these places were particularly associated with evil they were just the place the dead hung out. The purgatory, and hell talk is largely made up by each denomination and is different between them all. Different sects of Christianity have vastly different ideas of the afterlife -- ergo, each of the probably made it all up due to the religious bias against sorcery, necromancy, and other things that would probably tell them something. =)