• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Gods

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What are your favorite Gods? Why are they your favorite, and what is it that they are known for?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Krishna. He steals butter. :)

17052020102108ueji.jpg

Shiva. He is everywhere.

Shiva.jpg

Ares. Kickin' *** and taking names.

ares_by_ninjart1st_d94v0q9-350t.jpg
(Yes, I know I'm a Hindu, but I didn't find it necessary to erase my roots to acknowledge how the branches were flowering.)

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
In order of my Exaltist deities, I would say that in order of my trinitarian understanding of pantheism it goes: Extropy, The Omniverse and Entropy. Extropy is similar to what is good about humans, entropy might cause the universal heat death if our extropy doesn't expand enough, and The Omniverse is there for the being to exist. Extropy good, The Omniverse neutral, Entropy bad. Although entropy is needed and is vital to our universe, however, it seems to speeding up indefinitely which is dangerous for our survival. Ideally there should be a natural progression of all three which are equal parts to each other. Right now the size of The Omniverse and the force of Entropy are thousands upon thousands of times stronger than particle Extropy. And when Extropy expands far enough it will actually ultimately increase the amount of the other two too.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
This thread is a slap to the face for me because I admire so many gods from various myths but know so little about any of them! :O

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Well, shoot, according to the article, I wasn't supposed to see him... I wonder if women had their own divinity to relate to.

Sad how the missionary activity has killed so much culture off over the centuries..

The women of the Worimi who were the traditional owners of the land where I live have their own sacred areas and men are forbidden from them. Unfortunately I know very little of their traditions because most of it has been lost.

Viker

Häxan
My pantheon, of course. :p Cornijer or just Cornitch takes a lot of my time.

But I am also fascinated with Norse and Germanic gods, especially Odin. I also am into Lovecraftian mythos. Many aspects of my pantheon are Lovecraftian.