• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite destinations

sunsplash

Freckled
My wife and I are trying to use our vacations to work our way through the UNESCO World Heritage List.

Last year was Gros Morne and L'Anse-aux-Meadows, both in Newfoundland. I highly recommend both, but in summer, not winter. Brr.

See that's the downfall of our anniversary...certain trips during that time of year would just plain suck (especially because we're from a warm climate almost year round!)

I'll keep that in mind for a summer vacation though once our daughter is a little older and can appreciate what she's experiencing!

sunsplash

Freckled
Tahiti! Course I'm an Island boy, so most of the Pacific Islands are cool to me.

Someday...but honestly I'm kind of beached out. We live south of Miami and have done the Caribbean a lot - not to say Tahiti isn't different, but I want more than just an island paradise this go-'round. My husband even suggested the Maldives, but to me that's pretty similar. But he's like you - big into beach and ocean bumming so he'd love this suggestion!

tomato1236 said:
I intend to take my wife to Cancun and the nearby ruins, to Italy (Rome), Scotland and lastly to France because she's studied French for several years. Once we're more used to travel and all, we might venture to asian countries like China, Japan, or India.

If we do Egypt I've actually considered a stop in Rome first...flights and boarding are cheaper to there, so two days before and after would be nice I think. My brother-in-law just got back from Scotland in July and said it was pretty nice and that's coming from someone who doesn't have a grasp on history or culture at all, LOL.

Wannabe Yogi

A few places I love:

-The Norwegian Fords are wild yet civilized.

-Orissa India very old temples, nice beaches, and it is not over populated.

-Denali National Park Alaska, Great place to see Wildlife, the sight of a 20,000 foot peak (if your lucky to see it) don't hurt. My son when he was young got to

see two Brown Bears doing the nasty.

-John Muir Wilderness (wilderness area that extends along the crest of the Sierra Nevada of California) best backpacking I have ever done. Need to be in shape trail goes up to 12,000 feet.

-Moab Utah! Just love that red rock.

-Death Valley, is a wonder in the spring after a wet year. It can look like the place is covered in a yellow rug do to the wild flowers.

-Montreal Canada Its like going to Europe lovely old city.

-Vermont in the fall, the change of seasons is a must see.

- The big Island of Hawaii the wet side, less Tourists more Hawaii.

- Playa del Carmen Mexico I liked 15 years ago. I heard it is now built up, hope it's not true.

Last edited:

sunsplash

Freckled
Some places I love:

-Orissa India very old temples, nice beaches, and it is not over populated.

Norway is definitely on our list when we're feeling up to braving their winter, lol.

I'll look into Orissa...thanks!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
-Montreal Canada Its like going to Europe lovely old city.
Oh! That reminds me!

sunsplash, I know you said you don't like cold, but the Quebec Winter Carnival is definitely worth experiencing regardless. It's a ton of fun, it's kid-friendly but has plenty of stuff for adults, and Old Quebec is an old French walled city like something from Europe. Great fun, and it all happens early-mid February.

sunsplash

Freckled
Oh! That reminds me!

sunsplash, I know you said you don't like cold, but the Quebec Winter Carnival is definitely worth experiencing regardless. It's a ton of fun, it's kid-friendly but has plenty of stuff for adults, and Old Quebec is an old French walled city like something from Europe. Great fun, and it all happens early-mid February.

Does it always end in mid-Feb? Because our anniversary is Feb. 29th and we'd be travelling from a few days before then through probably the first week of March.

Energy

Seeker
I love travelling. I always want to see new places, just explore new landscapes, visit old cities... It gives me energy. My favorite place is Amsterdam. I live pretty close to Amsterdam (just 35 miles away), but Amsterdam still doesn't bore me. I like this city because the centre is very old and traditional, while the city itself and the people who live there are very progressive and open-minded. Smoking wheed isn't prohibited, and even prostitution is legal. Some people see Amsterdam as a modern version of Sodom&Gomorra, but I think that this city is a good example of how more cities should be. The crime rate is low, and there's a lot of police, so you'll never feel unsafe.

I've also been to Brussels, Belgium. The centre is very chique, and I really love the monuments that can be found throughout the city, but I don't see Brussels as a place that everyone should have visited once in his life.

This summer, I went to Athens. I lovelovelove the Akropolis. When you're standing on top of the hill, you can see the whole city. Unfortunately, Athens is a very polluted city. There are a lot of cars, and the air you breathe is everything but healthy. There are also a lot of pickpockets.

Next year, I'm going on a city-trip with my boyfriend. Any recommendations? I would love to go to Barcelona (culture, beaches), but Prague or Budapest are also on my list.

Nerthus

Wanderlust

Definitely. I'd recommend anyone go there :D

I have been to most places I have really wanted, and was lucky enough to travel around growing up and was backpacking for a year.

I would love to see Alaska and Oregon though, they look so beautiful. And, maybe a Safari in Africa.

ontos2282

You should think about doing a cruise. They are tons of fun, and if your SO is into the fine-living resort kind of stuff, the upscale cruise lines are all about that. Plus on top of it all you usually get to see 3-4 new places, depending on the cruise

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I really, really want to go to France. I have a feeling that Paris would be my favorite destination. I've wanted to go since sixth grade (that was a long time ago).

jeanie

Venice was a total dream land. It was beyond this world. I think everyone should go there before they die. There is no other place like it, I felt like I was in a fairy tale the whole time.