• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Autumn Recipes

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
So, I love fall, it's my favorite time of the year to cook and bake. Please post one (or more!) of your favorite fall-appropriate recipes. :D Just a note, I did not make these recipes.
I have two that I love making, and this year I'm trying a little experiment - caramel apple oatmeal cookies. Mmm....we'll see how they turn out. If it's good, I'll post it here too!

---

Harvest Sangria
Ingredients:
2 Bottles of full-bodied red wine
1 can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup triple sec
1/4 cup sugar
1 orange, washed sliced in rounds
1 of each washed and sliced: lime, lemon, pear, apple
1 bottle chilled lemon-lime seltzer
Ice

Combine everything but the flavored seltzer and ice in a large container. Stir, cover and chill for a few hours. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the wine mixture with the lemon-lime seltzer and some ice. Serve chilled. Goes really well with some cinnamon cornbread =)

----------
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package pound cake mix
3 eggs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees C (175 degrees C). Coat a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick spray (I would suggest getting a silicone liner for the pan instead, since this will make release a lot easier).
In a large mixing bowl, on low speed, combine cake mix, 1 egg, margarine, and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
In another large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining two eggs, pumpkin, remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set.
Cool, then chill in refrigerator. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.

sparc872

I don't have any recipes for you, but I do have some things I enjoy in the fall.

Chai tea
Pumpkin bread
Apple cider
donuts
hmm...I thought I would have a lot more. Time to think long and hard.