• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faul McCartney and Buckminster Fuller ?

MNoBody

According to Buckminster Fuller in his book "The Grunch of Giants"
Humanity is an experimental initiative of Universe.
The experiment is to
discover whether the complex of cosmic laws
can maintain the integrity of eternal regeneration
while allowing the mind of the species homo sapiens on the little planet Earth
to discover and use some of the mathematical laws governing the design of Universe,
whereby those humans can by trial and error develop subjectively
from initial ignorance into satisfactorily informed, successful
local-Universe monitors of all physically and metaphysically critical information
and thereby serve objectively as satisfactory local-Universe problem-solvers
in sustaining the integrity of eternally regenerative Universe.

interesting synch today ....thought i would share it.
blind-elephants-1.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Buckminster Fuller..
I think that turning technology from war-focus to living-focus requires that all students be taught STEM. At the moment that is too difficult to consider. One possible path to help us reach Bucky's ideal is to find a way to teach young students calculus, statistics, physics and some handy-work skills; but nobody has figured out a good system for this. Also is it a good idea for everyone to be technically enabled? Maybe its not? I wish people were, but I also know that not everybody will behave responsibly. I'm not sure that Bucky's dream is possible. Maybe.

MNoBody

from his book
Humanity is so specialized and these epochally significant technological facts are so invisible that it
seems an almost hopeless matter to adequately inform humanity that from now on, for the first time in
history, it does not have to be "you or me"--there is now enough for "both" --and to convince humanity
of this fact in time to permit it to exercise its option and save itself.
There is now plenty for all. War is obsolete. It is imperative that we get the word to all humanity--
RUSH--before someone ignorantly pushes the button that provokes pushing of all the buttons.
What makes so difficult the task of informing humanity of its newborn option to realize success for all
is the fact that all major religions and politics thrive only on the for-all-ages-held, ignorantly adopted
premise of the existence of an eternal inadequacy of life-support inherent in the design of our planet
Earth.

That it is possible for us all to win--and how--is what Grunch of Giants is about. (Grunch of Giants is
an intimately related sequel to Critical Path, published by St. Martin's Press, New York, 1981.)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
According to Buckminster Fuller in his book "The Grunch of Giants"...
I have a question. Do you know what Buckminster Fuller thinks about the relationship between human lifespan and war? If you have an opinion on it, do you think he would assume a longer average lifespan to be better or a shorter one? I wonder about this whether people are more generous and sane as we get older or if we are more generous and sane when we are in our 30's and 40's. I tend to think that men get nicer when we hit our 60's; but I don't know.

MNoBody

I have a question. Do you know what Buckminster Fuller thinks about the relationship between human lifespan and war? If you have an opinion on it, do you think he would assume a longer average lifespan to be better or a shorter one? I wonder about this whether people are more generous and sane as we get older or if we are more generous and sane when we are in our 30's and 40's. I tend to think that men get nicer when we hit our 60's; but I don't know.
right off the top of the head, not really certain as to his thoughts on that, but personally the logans run type world scenario that presents isn't desirable either.
I think in general, older males become nicer as the body gives way and the i'm ten ft tall and bulletproof cockiness withers with it, kind of a necessity is the mother of that invention sort of thing.....

MNoBody

"Because of ancient arms-accomplished seizure of land
by the most physically powerful and the subsequent arms induced blessing
of the seizures by power-ordained "ministers of God,"
royal deeds to land were written as assumedly God-approved and -guaranteed covenants.

Landlordism, first woven into the fabric of everyday life by royal fiat
and thousands of years of legal process precedent,
has become an accepted cosmic phenomenon as seemingly inevitable as the weather.

Humans have learned to play many of its games.

Land "ownership"
and its omni-dependent comprehensive thing-ownership involvements
and their legal-documents-perpetuations
constitute the largest socioeconomic custom error
presently being maintained by a large world affairs-affecting segment of humanity.

Nothing new about all that.
But what is new is that humanity has gone as far as it can go with this significant error
and is in final examination
as to whether it can free itself from its misconditioned reflex straightjacket in time
to pull out of its greatest-in-all-history, error-occasioned tailspinning into eternity.

We do have both the knowledge and the technical means to do so
if we do it quickly enough."
[pertinent snippet from the book]