• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fasting and bliss

ajay0

I came across an insightful discussion conducted by Dada Bhagavan on the bliss encountered while fasting...

Sexual Purity | Practice of Brahmacharya | Brahmacharya Diet | Brahmacharya Tips

Questioner: There is a different kind of happiness in the night, on the day I fast. What is the reason for this?

Dadashri: When happiness is not taken from external things, the bliss within expresses itself. The bliss within remains dormant as one takes pleasure in external things.

I have noticed myself that my meditation is of a superior quality during fasts, as fasting is said to increase prana and thereby fuelling present moment awareness as well.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not get into a bliss by fasting. I get the bliss by having roasted or deep fried and chilly non vegetarian food. Around 70% of Hindus are non vegetarians.

Last edited:

The Crimson Universe

I do not get into a bliss by fasting. I get the bliss by having roasted or deep fried and chilly non vegetarian food. Around 70% of Hindus are non vegetarians.

Whether its vegetables or meat, none of them can be consumed raw. Actually, you can, but then you won't like the taste and would probably throw up. Its all about salt, pepper and spices man. They make things interesting. :=)