• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Farmhand busted for 'having sex with miniature donkey named Doodle'. . .

Skwim

Veteran Member
. . . claims Florida's bestiality laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL."

Carlos R. Romero, 32, was charged in September with engaging in sexual activity involving an animal and animal cruelty
His lawyers have asked a judge to declare Florida's laws involving sex with animals unconstitutional
Romero reportedly admitted to cops that he becomes aroused when he sees animals in heat.
source and more
sfl-donkey-sex-20121212-001.jpg
 Romero
doodle-print.jpg
 Doodle
So, whatda think; should bestiality laws be struck down?

Is having sex with an animal really animal cruelty?

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm sure Carlos appreciates your posting his face on an Internet forum.
Think so? It appears in just about all the news articles on the story (check out Google) and on the first five lines of Google Images listed under his name. So I kind of doubt that he much cares whether a religious forum puts up his face or not.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yes, yes it is. You cant really ask an animal to consent can you?
Ever ask one if you can hop up on its back and carry you around the countryside? Or perhaps whip it run faster? Think sled dogs plead with their masters to harness them to sleds so they can pull him through the snow?

iditarod_a_003.jpg

-HAVING FUN YET?

-SHUT THE **** UP

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
like we ask concent and pay them when we use them as pack animals or food.

Pack animals?

In regards to food...they are usually (or should be) put down in a humane way. Having your way with an animal is, in my opinion, a form of abuse.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Ever ask one if you can hop up on its back and carry you around the countryside? Or perhaps whip it run faster? Think sled dogs plead with their masters to harness them to sleds so they can pull him through the snow?

-HAVING FUN YET?

-SHUT THE **** UP

Never said I agreed with that either.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Pack animals?

In regards to food...they are usually (or should be) put down in a humane way. Having your way with an animal is, in my opinion, a form of abuse.
nope organic meet is rare and expensive. like making mule pull a cart or a plow or ridding a horse or

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Pack animals?

Don't you think it's inconsistent to make sex with animals illegal because of lack of consent and at the same time have it legal to outright kill them?

Why doesn't their lack of consent matter when it comes to their very life?

Walkntune

iditarod_a_003.jpg

-HAVING FUN YET?

-SHUT THE **** UP
Are you saying this justifies rape of an animal?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Don't you think it's inconsistent to make sex with animals illegal because of lack of consent and at the same time have it legal to outright kill them?

How does the issue of raping animals turn into a discussion about it being legal to kill them for food?

Are people saying that killing them should be illegal also or are they advocating the act of sex with an animal?

Walkntune

Morality
Killing to sustain life is moral as life can only come from life . Rape is not.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How does the issue of raping animals turn into a discussion about it being legal to kill them for food?

The discussion hasn't turned. Part of discussing concepts is comparing them with other relevant ones. In a discussion about the legality of something, this is especially appropriate and should be pretty obvious.

Are people saying that killing them should be illegal also or are they advocating the act of sex with an animal?

Doesn't need to be either this or that, for starters. Could be just pointing out a possible inconsistency and inquiring exactly why use a rational in one case and not apply it in a similar/more severe one in which the rational could also apply.

Me personally, the above is exactly what i'm doing. I don't have a definitive stance on the issue due to lack of information, and so i am exploring the issue by discussing it. Others can clarify for themselves what they're trying to say.

By the way, this didn't really answer my question.

freethinker44

Yes, yes it is. You cant really ask an animal to consent can you?

This brings up the question: If it is wrong because the animal can't give consent, does that mean that it is only wrong for men to have sex with animals? Clearly a male animal is giving consent by willingly performing that sex act on a woman, as anyone who has had their leg humped by a dog will know, so does that mean only women can have sex with animals?