• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantastic Four

Bishka

Veteran Member
44.jpg

What do you think of the original? With the sequel coming out, "Rise of the Silver Surfer" I am interested everyone's opinions. What did you think of the first movie and do you think the second one will be any good? For all you comic book fans did they follow the story?

Random

I don't read the FF ongoing comics but I do like the team and the 1st movie was cool. I look forward to Rise of the Silver Surfer, hope it's as good...

Seraphiel

I prefer my movies to be more of this world. But I've seen the first one and have to say that it was fun and entertaining.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I would be the first one to admit that I am a big fan of the comics and surprised that there was a second movie. Not that the first one wasn't good, it just didn't seem spectacular enough to warrent a second film.

Having seen the second one tonght I am glad they did.

Surfer was well realized and stole the show.

The comedy elements and the light heartedness of the situation was handled well though the actors still felt a bit stiff.

I still like the Thing's costume and thought the improvements were well sculpted. I don't think that Ben Grimm was ever referred to as "The Thing" in this movie.

Dr. Doom has got to go! His presence drags the picture down and does not come off as menacing as the comic character.

Hovercraft was cool. Special effects were what summer blockbusters are all about. A great improvement over the first picture. Bring on number three!!!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
My only gripes were Galactus and Dr. Doom. I thought the way they portrayed Galactus was lame and they seriously need to make Doc Doom like he is in the comic book.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Growing up I was a real girly girl and I was never too interested in all these action cartoons, therefore I never had any desire to see the original movie. :eek: The only comics I used to read were Archies. Give me an Archie comic now and I'll still go crazy over it. :D

Anyway, Sunday my husband took me to see the Rise of the Silver Surfer. I took his word when he said that it seems to be a good movie.

I really enjoyed the movie! Not only was it action packed, it had a love story in it (which made me enjoy it even more). There was also some humour. The special effects were cool. The movie was wonderful. I'm glad he took me to see it. :yes:

A

angellous_evangellous

The original was ok, the sequel sucked. The silver surfer was cool, but the movie does not appreciate the powers of all the characters.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Sorry. One more fan-boy gripe.

I didn't like how they squeezed Super Skull in the movie (his powers more specifically) without actually putting him in the movie. They should have just put him in the freakin' movie instead of being cheap.