• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family of Silverbacks come to town

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wow, awesome experience, but those are some dangerously human-habituated gorillas.
I hope they don't try that in a poacher's camp.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought this video was awesome. Then again, I am easily amused.

:faint::cool::faint:

It's like a human petting zoo for gorillas.

("Touched by a Wild Mountain Gorilla". Sounds like something that would come up during a bushman's memory regression therapy).

Wannabe Yogi

Wow, awesome experience, but those are some dangerously human-habituated gorillas.
I hope they don't try that in a poacher's camp.

My thinking exactly I wish those Gorillas were terrified of us. Humans just are not to be trusted. Unfortunately if the Gorillas are going to be saved it will be because of the big bucks from Environmental tourism.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My thinking exactly I wish those Gorillas were terrified of us. Humans just are not to be trusted. Unfortunately if the Gorillas are going to be saved it will be because of the big bucks from Environmental tourism.
I know what you mean. For example, it is unnerving to see my little packs of deer come vaulting across the meadow to get bits of apples I am tossing out to them. That said though, they are simply used to me. If you tried it, they wouldn't come over. If you were patient, they might come over after a couple of weeks of coaxing. Animals are not as trusting as you might expect. Even now, after being around me a few years, if I make a sudden move or sneeze... they bolt. The weird part is that the big males with full racks are the most skittish. The little ones come running up as soon as they see me. Then again, they were introduced by their mom last summer, as she would bring them by every other day or so. Fortunately hunting is very limited on this island, so they are pretty safe.

Last edited: