• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fake Virginity: Repost from DIR Forum

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
(Credit to AE for the original post.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13547996/

This makes me sad.
The only things these girls are guilty of are being young, curious, and possessing a free will. Then they are coerced into deception, surgery and shame for the sake of "family honor."

I wonder how many of these Muslim men who demand virgins are actually virgins themselves.

MSNBC said:
...tradition holds that “adre,” virgins, are among the delights of paradise

Yeah, maybe for the guys. But what delights does paradise hold for Muslim women? Not haveing to walk 5 feet bhind their husbands? Being able to go out in public unveiled?

egroen

It makes me so mad... steaming mad. This is what has become of my country (Iran); muslims have hijacked what was a progressive country in the middle east. Overnight, the legal marrying age of women went from 17 to 12. My grandparents, who still live in Iran, have recieved countless marriage proposals for me, based on pictures on their wall from when I was 10 years old. I have suggested immediate castration when such a proposal is made, but my grandparents simply politely decline the offers.

-Erin