• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fainting Advice...?

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
On Sunday, I had a good nights sleep, ate breakfast, got 2 1/2 hrs of tattoo work done (this is like my 10th session with no prior incidents), got a snack, had incredibly hot (in both senses of the word) sex... and then, he did say I felt really hot, my heart was going nuts, I walked to get in the shower... luckily he was there chatting with me... I said, I feel dizzy... fell towards him and fainted. He caught me, luckily.

I apparently started moaning and twitching, had what looked like a seizure, and then woke up butt naked on the floor to the sight of him holding my legs up in the air. I cannot begin to describe those few seconds of absolute confusion... . I was so weak feeling I couldn't sit up on my own. I had a headache and felt really nauseous.

I've never fainted before. The next day my neck and jaw were really sore. It hurt to chew, which concerns me as to the strength behind the seizure like movements... makes me worry it really was one. I've always handled heat well and I have always been active and I eat pretty healthy. I've engaged in such a day activity combo many times prior. lol.

Then I started thinking. I noticed quite a few months ago that my heat tolerance in yoga has slowly decreased. I began feeling nauseous and lightheaded during... which has gradually gotten a little more intense. I have felt fainty in there.

The day after this, all day I was sensitive to heat and felt lightheaded and nauseous with a light headache.. it was like little stabs of sharp headache pain here and there. Especially right after eating. Two days later I feel better, but I am still real sensitive to heat and it brings back the symptoms, which like I said I have always had a high heat tolerance before(live in Fl...)

I have an appointment to get blood work done this coming week. The guy has a rep for being very thorough with the blood work breakdown and diagnosis from it. He also specializes in hormones and hormone treatment.

I am still kind of freaking out... I wish i could have got the appt sooner. Anyone have any insights? Am I right for getting blood work done? Sound like the right kind of doctor? etc?

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Absolutely you're right to see a doctor about this.

If you haven't already thought to do so, write down everything you recall about how you felt, what happened when and so forth as well as the fact that some symptoms lingered. Take this description with you to the appointment, because it may help you avoid forgetting due to nervousness details that may be important in determining what the cause might be.

In fact, if the man who was there when this occurred, a friend or relative could go with you to the appointment, that could be helpful. It can be difficult to recall correctly what the doctor said as well as to forget to ask everything you're wondering about when you're frightened that something is seriously wrong. Asking if you may use a recording device during the appointment may help as well.

Needless to say, I hope you'll find out that this is nothing very serious or can easily be controlled with medication. Good luck!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It sounds a lot like my atypical migraines. Definitely see a doctor.

ETA: Till then, see if a cold compress over the eyes doesn't help.