• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fact checking during wartime

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Google news on the right has a set of fact checks. Most of them seem reasonable but the first is apparently wrong given the updated news. So my plan is to pay attention and accept the obvious ones but some like Poland jets to Ukraine might have been covert then or a development since then. So I'm not going to accept them as gospel truth given what happens during wartime.

Capture.JPG

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Google news on the right has a set of fact checks. Most of them seem reasonable but the first is apparently wrong given the updated news. So my plan is to pay attention and accept the obvious ones but some like Poland jets to Ukraine might have been covert then or a development since then. So I'm not going to accept them as gospel truth given what happens during wartime.

View attachment 60739

This is why I have been sharing little in regards to what's going on. Lot of propaganda rolling about it seems.

F1fan

Veteran Member
There are many media outlets in the world so it's best to stick with more reputable sources.

HonestJoe

Google news on the right has a set of fact checks. Most of them seem reasonable but the first is apparently wrong given the updated news.
That isn't the same as it being wrong at the time it was written or in the specific context of the claims they're referring to. Decent fact checking isn't about a simple true or false but about assessing what is actually being claimed and whether that is entirely consistent with the facts.

Wandering Monk

The thing that is different here is that EVERYONE has a video camera in their pocket. The same event can be seen from multiple cameras simultaneously. Hard to fake that.

Nimos

I think the media that I check are very good at saying how certain they are. And to be honest, most of it they say is unconfirmed. Just read an article on Danish media about who broke the ceasefire in Mariupol.
And they make it very clear that they have no clue and that breaking the ceasefire could benefit both Ukraine and Russia in different ways. There are also military experts talking on TV and they as well also constantly say that a lot of things are uncertain about specific events.

No one can do anything except keep that in the back of their mind.

Wandering Monk

I think the media that I check are very good at saying how certain they are. And to be honest, most of it they say is unconfirmed. Just read an article on Danish media about who broke the ceasefire in Mariupol.
And they make it very clear that they have no clue and that breaking the ceasefire could benefit both Ukraine and Russia in different ways. There are also military experts talking on TV and they as well also constantly say that a lot of things are uncertain about specific events.

No one can do anything except keep that in the back of their mind.

I have seen the same caution on SkyNews. Love that channel.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I agree with a lot of what was written here. But sometimes the fact checkers don't exercise the caution they should.