• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ezekiel 18:4.Does God destroy our souls?I think he can.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God created all things but since sin has come about through the sin of Adam and passed to his offspring (all mankind), there are some in whom there is an eternal sin. These will be DESTROYED at the end of time:
  • God will not tolerate sin forever. The soul that is sinning will be destroyed
Soul is body and Spirit.

Man can destroy the body but not the spirit.

Only God can destroy the Spirit.

When the body is destroyed the Soul (via the Spirit) is still not destroyed.

Only when the Spirit, and therefore the body, too, the Soul is then also destroyed.

Think of ‘Soul’ as encasing ‘body’ which encases ‘Spirit’.

If the body is destroyed the spirit is released but remains with the encasement of the Soul.

If the spirit is destroyed then BOTH body, and therefore SOUL is destroyed.

Destroying the ‘Soul’ is a shorthand to ‘Destroy the Spirit’… either way the whole PERSON is this destroyed.

Total destruction means that there is no remembrance of that Soul, that PERSON!

Thus, SOUL and PERSON are synonymous …

I believe that is false. Sin existed long before Adam.

I believe that is impossible. Each soul sins on its own. The only thing that might be carried on would be sinful teaching. A righteous soul will not accept that teaching and sinful soul will not heed good teaching.

As far as I know there is hope for everyone to repent sin.

I believe destruction is not elimination. I will live on but my body will be destroyed by cremation.

I believe I have no idea what you are saying but it looks incorrect at any rate.

I don't believe that is logical.

I believe that is false and I see no verse that says the spirit is destroyed.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe that is false. Sin existed long before Adam.

I believe that is impossible. Each soul sins on its own. The only thing that might be carried on would be sinful teaching. A righteous soul will not accept that teaching and sinful soul will not heed good teaching.

As far as I know there is hope for everyone to repent sin.

I believe destruction is not elimination. I will live on but my body will be destroyed by cremation.

I believe I have no idea what you are saying but it looks incorrect at any rate.

I don't believe that is logical.

I believe that is false and I see no verse that says the spirit is destroyed.
Really? You don’t know of any verse stating that there is a destruction of the spirit?

So what do you think happens at the end of time after the judgement when all the wicked, Sin, and Satan, are destroyed.

Satan is spirit… how is he not destroyed?

The demon angels are spirit… are they not destroyed?

The spirit of the wicked of humanity are destroyed… Or else what do you think happens to them?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe God is in hell as well. I am sure He has no problem with it.
There is no such place as ‘Hell’…!

‘Hell’ is a state of being - not a physical location nor a spirit realm.