• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ezekiel 18:20 makes the Atonement impossible

Rakhel

They don't have free will. They are at the beck and call of the creator. To do his bidding regardless of how distasteful it is to us.
To rebel means you have to have a free will. Angels do not have this thought.
The angel of death was doing a job.
The angel in Job was doing a job.
The angel that wrestled with Jacob was doing a job.
They could not refuse.

So I hope you can see how this idea that a rebellion happened is just slightly absurd to us.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
They don't have free will. They are at the beck and call of the creator. To do his bidding regardless of how distasteful it is to us.
To rebel means you have to have a free will. Angels do not have this thought.
The angel of death was doing a job.
The angel in Job was doing a job.
The angel that wrestled with Jacob was doing a job.
They could not refuse.

So I hope you can see how this idea that a rebellion happened is just slightly absurd to us.

yes i can see how you would view it that way. The scriptures we use to reason on this point though seem to paint a different picture, to us anyway.

Awoon

When was "heaven" repopulated with Gods and Angels and Dead people, when Genesis first chapter says nothing about them?