• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Expression and conversations

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So, I got a good handle so far a couple months using art mediums from dance to visual arts as tools for healing. However, I havent made to conversations. If I dont express myself, I am trapped. Suffercated.

Is there a way I can incorporate an art medium to appropriately have better and in other cases professional way to converse without going overboard like singing to clients and dancing to a residents apartment in an emergency :eek:? ha.

Aldrnari

Hmmm... Have you considered learning a new language? Maybe something expressive, like American Sign Language?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hmmm... Have you considered learning a new language? Maybe something expressive, like American Sign Language?

Hmm. Way ahead of you :) I took ASL interpreting in college. Didnt finish it though. I want to go to Gallaudett and become fluent in culture and language. I use some of it in my dances but dont know it fluently. I know some spanish to have basic conversation. Spoken language is easier but ASL, as you already know, is very expressive nonetheless.

Ima take it back up in the future. Good idea.

Patience

Let us dance with the wind and sing with the birds
Perhaps memorizing different forms of poetry from various authors and quoting them aloud might help? Even writing your own poetry. I have found reading and writing poetry to be an amazing strengthener for self reflection, self expression, understanding others, and learning to see the world in a more beautiful, intricate way. Erin Hanson (e.h.), Kahlil Gribran, and Rumi are some of my favorite poets because they really speak to your heart. I have a tendency for going for more philosophical and spiritual types of poetry, the ones that really get you to think and put so many things that you feel in your heart into words.