• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Expelled

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I have just watched this amazing eye opening video, which I have always had this from past articles and research, but this is sure to ruffle the feathers of some, as it did those who expelled the scientists.

My question and forgive me if this has already been discussed but it certainly begs the question " What is the big scare amongst the scientific community in well established universities, research centers, and other insitutions that house diverse experts in their field that cause them to shun those who even mention ID.

It makes me sit back and :icon_smil.... just a little!

...now of course the credibility of Ben Stien and those interviewed will be argued by someone on this forum, which would be a typical opening arguement ...but could we just take this whole documentry at face value and assume it's characters are real professionals and quite possiblly have lost their grants tenures ????/ or whatever.

What's your take on this????

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
What is the big scare amongst the scientific community in well established universities, research centers, and other insitutions that house diverse experts in their field that cause them to shun those who even mention ID.
I suspect it's not so much a "scare" as a more disrespectful emotion.

There's another thread active on this topic.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
could we just take this whole documentry at face value and assume it's characters are real professionals and quite possiblly have lost their grants tenures?
:no:No. I for one am neither willing nor capable of making this assumption. (at least not without a lobotomy and/or some serious medication)

What is the big scare amongst the scientific community in well established universities, research centers, and other insitutions that house diverse experts in their field that cause them to shun those who even mention ID.
The fear is that people are being mislead, deceived and miss educated by these I.D. proponents. But no one is shunned simply for mentioning I.D. (you have been mislead, deceived and miss-educated by this film)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I have just watched this amazing eye opening video, which I have always had this from past articles and research, but this is sure to ruffle the feathers of some, as it did those who expelled the scientists.

My question and forgive me if this has already been discussed but it certainly begs the question " What is the big scare amongst the scientific community in well established universities, research centers, and other insitutions that house diverse experts in their field that cause them to shun those who even mention ID.

...now of course the credibility of Ben Stien and those interviewed will be argued by someone on this forum, which would be a typical opening arguement ...but could we just take this whole documentry at face value and assume it's characters are real professionals and quite possiblly have lost their grants tenures ????/ or whatever.

"Expelled" was made to preach to the choir, and "intelligent design" is shunned by the scientific community because it's simply doesn't meet the criteria to be considered a science.

Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks

logician

Logically, ID must fail, as the intelligent designer itself must be the product of ID, ad infinitum.

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
Intelligent Design in short:

ID is not a scientific theory. It is nothing more than an attempt to refute natural selection... and a failed one I might add.

Proving that A is wrong in no way implies that B is correct.

Which is what ID does:

Natural selection is not real therefore God did it.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
fantôme profane;1317604 said:
The fear is that people are being mislead, deceived and miss educated by these I.D. proponents. But no one is shunned simply for mentioning I.D. (you have been mislead, deceived and miss-educated by this film)

The irony of such a statement is amusing to say the least, that is in comparison to.......Darwinism !!!!! and your saying the whole of evolution is of no such disception, how very interesting when the scientific community are still scratching their heads and questioning their presumptions and vague specualtions regarding the origin of life.

Darwinism and his hypothesis are a laughing stock ..... and within the scientific community to boot.

...but let's keep it very quite and maybe the ID proponents will go away

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Darwinism and his hypothesis are a laughing stock ..... and within the scientific community to boot.
You're mistaken.

Just because you aren't familiar with the evidence for evolution doesn't mean it's not there.

What do you want to know?

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
Roli:
Why is evolution so insulting for you guys anyways?

You don`t mind that we all share common atoms with cocaine and cyanide, but it`s the end of the world for you that we share a common ancestor with the cat that you find so cute.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology

When I ventured into this thread, and read the original post, I was worried that you might not fully understand evolution. I was afraid that you might reveal a bias against it, and show that you were arguing from ignorance.

I see that my fears were, indeed, unfounded. You appear to be very well informed, to be thinking rationally, and to be presenting a well thought out, in depth defense of your position.

What a breath of fresh air your posts have been.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

You'd be making inaccurate assumptions.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The irony of such a statement is amusing to say the least, that is in comparison to.......Darwinism !!!!! and your saying the whole of evolution is of no such disception, how very interesting when the scientific community are still scratching their heads and questioning their presumptions and vague specualtions regarding the origin of life.

...but let's keep it very quite and maybe the ID proponents will go away
Really? Can you name say ten biologists who reject the Theory of Evolution?

And for the 1000th time roli, Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. If you don't want to embarass your position, learn something about it.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Intelligent Design in short:

ID is not a scientific theory. It is nothing more than an attempt to refute natural selection... and a failed one I might add.

Proving that A is wrong in no way implies that B is correct.

Which is what ID does:

Natural selection is not real therefore God did it.

Natural selection on it's own accord with out intelligent design is a failed one.

Name one thing you set your eyes on that man with his intelligent design has made that evolved on it's own ...how proposterous is that assumption..

That again is the irony of evolutionism, or those who defend it,they attempt so hard to silence ID proponents and declare them ignorant etc.

MAybe it's true what Paul said: in Corinthians

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believeFor the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
That again is the irony of evolutionism, or those who defend it,they attempt so hard to silence ID proponents and declare them ignorant etc.

Irony? You speak of irony, while asserting that natural selection fails, without intelligent design? Now THAT is truly ironic.

I can't speak to your complaint about being declared ignorant. I just can't.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Natural selection on it's own accord with out intelligent design is a failed one.

Name one thing you set your eyes on that man with his intelligent design has made that evolved on it's own ...how proposterous is that assumption..

roli: I realize that neither thinking or expressing yourself are you strong points, but if I understand you correctly, you ask us to name something that people designed but that evolved on its own? Is that right? Can you see the problem(s) with that? Try really hard.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Really? Can you name say ten biologists who reject the Theory of Evolution?

And for the 1000th time roli, Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. If you don't want to embarass your position, learn something about it.

Oh man!!!!, what must I be thinking , I guess the age old arguement of evolution and creation rests solely in your definition of it... that's all there is to it
It must be quite the feeling to be you, as you seem to have all the answers.

I do however appreciate your advocacy for the defense of evolutionism, but I'm not talking about the adaptation within species, nor am I talking about mutation.
but the one in which you very well know I refer to and have always referred to, but let me for the 1000th time refer to it,Darwinsim and his "Origin OF Species...thus the word Origin..thus the arguement that has taken place for years.

You know the one that states living came from non living.

This is not the question anyways.

Let's discuss the points that "Expelled" exposes and not split hairs and re-route this
into your glory moment.

Before you attempt to speak for these biologists and leading professionals that were interviewed and presume you know all their alterior motives for which they speak of,...watch expelled again and open your mind to the possibility that maybe they are legit and truly exposed.

It's happening in the west for your information, children can't mention the word Jesus or even pray in American schools with attempting to be silenced by certain groups. Which by the way are defended by certain christian lawyers who hush these anti christian groups with ease.

But this is'nt happening here in the West.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh man!!!!, what must I be thinking , I guess the age old arguement of evolution and creation rests solely in your definition of it... that's all there is to it
It must be quite the feeling to be you, as you seem to have all the answers.
She's right.

Evolution is a theory that describes how life varies over time; it presupposes life.

Just like Ohm's Law describes how electrons behave but doesn't tell you what created electrons in the first place, the theory of evolution describes how life behaves but doesn't tell you what created life in the first place.

The theory that life arose from non-life is called abiogenesis, and it's a separate thing from evolution.