• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Existence of God

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Oh, stop. We both know you were trying to belittle my point by making the positive results of choosing faith sound selfish and frivolous. If you can't own it that's on you.

You call it "belittling", I call it stripping it down to what it really is for clarity purposes. It's not an insult. It's just stripping it down to the bare essentials to make the point clear(er).

And I don't see how what I said was incorrect. And you don't seem to want to bother trying to show it incorrect... instead, you're just dismissing it at face value.

I can only repeat it.
What you expressed as your reason to believe, comes down to comfort.

Your life becomes easier / more pleasant / happier / more fulfilling / whatever-you-wish-to-call-it.
It all, in the end, comes down to comfort. Comfort of life. Comfort as peace of mind.
It helps you cope with life, with difficult situations, etc.

Comfort.
How is it wrong to say that?

I have already stated several times that I have no way of knowing how or if "God exists"

Yes. But we are not talking about knowledge. We are talking about beliefs.

And I have said nothing at all about "believing that God exists".

So you don't believe a god exists?
You're an atheist?

What I stated was that "I trust in God as I understand it" because I find that doing so increases the quality of my experience of life.

I think your semantic plays are a bit sad.
"you trust in god"? What does that even mean if you don't believe a god exists nor know if a god exists.

Do you usually put your trust in things you don't believe or know to be real?
Is that then logical?

I didn't say a thing about believing anything. "God as I understand it" is an idea. It's my idea. Whether or not that idea corresponds to some phenomena or entity far beyond the limits of my cognition is impossible for me to determine. Or for you to determine. So I have no reason to believe or disbelieve anything about it. And neither do you.

Actually, if it can't be distinguished from non-existent things, then you have every reason to disbelieve the claim that it exists.

It's why you disbelieve that an undetectable dragon is about to eat you.

When you find someone that believes that, ask them.

Are you afraid of the answer?
Are you incapable of answering the question if it is logical to believe that undetectable unicorns live in my garage?

But I've never stated that I believe anything except that we cannot know how or if God exists.

So you don't believe a god exists?
You are an atheist?

Your religion forum label says "taoist / christian".
Doesn't the christian part imply that you believe a god exists?

So if you're seeing some asserted belief, here, your imagining it. And maybe you should be asking yourself why you're doing that.

Your label says "christian". If you don't believe the christian god exists, maybe you shouldn't use that label for your profile.

But ok. I'll try and remember that you are apparently an atheist.

So to me, "belief" is mostly just an egotistical pretense that I can do better without. And so is your "unbelief", by the way.

/facepalm

The position of belief concerning a claim is a binary position with no middle ground.
Either you accept a claim as true or you do not.

The claim is "god exists".
You either positively believe that claim or you do not.
And I do not. Main reason: there's no rational justification to warrant belief, leaving me unconvinced.

To me, the claim is on par with the undetectable dragon claim.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a man as a human said I'm a human and just a man.

Twice he's told man man. Self advice.

Straight away you are told two in my thought is my own man self.

So you know you aren't a God you are human and type a man human.

If you theory. Which behaviour says a human thinks to tell stories....where is God by thesis the human?

There isn't any.

Instead he has to theme what he believes either earths mass caused. Or heavens mass caused.

So I can do a theory about a human theist.

You said I believe the highest and greatest in human scientific terms are gods.

Which means fixed.

Fixed means non reactive.

So there is no God in human science as the human says what is realised highest greatest fixed keeps my life safe.

Basic advice.

Then you query why did you need to argue the aware human advice?

Answer as my brother just a human ignored natural laws and natural advice and applied Alchemy.

Pretty basic a human argues against another human with stories only.