• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolve Now

Danny Heim

The ice is melting. And when the ice has melted completely away, we’ll need a new world whether we want it or not. We have about a hundred years to get ready for this, so say the scientists. It will take 20 to 30 years to plan and prepare for the impacts of climate change, and then another 50 years to implement the adaptation measures. That leaves us with as little as 20 year’s breathing space. We will need an entirely new infrastructure, one that will meet the impacts of climate change. How much do you think we will have to do to get ready, I think we will just about have to rebuild civilization, what do you think?

This link discusses this in detail.
Evolve Now | Evolve Now

Eisenstein

I don't object to the idea of climate change, but what's written in that blog & this thread is nothing but sensational nonsense.

work in progress

The ice is melting. And when the ice has melted completely away, we’ll need a new world whether we want it or not. We have about a hundred years to get ready for this, so say the scientists. It will take 20 to 30 years to plan and prepare for the impacts of climate change, and then another 50 years to implement the adaptation measures. That leaves us with as little as 20 year’s breathing space. We will need an entirely new infrastructure, one that will meet the impacts of climate change. How much do you think we will have to do to get ready, I think we will just about have to rebuild civilization, what do you think?

This link discusses this in detail.
Evolve Now | Evolve Now

There seems to be a consensus growing that it's too late to put the genie back in the bottle, and even if we could bring our carbon output to a screeching halt, we'll still have to adapt to the climate forcing that's already in the pipeline.

So, okay, we have to adapt; but from what I read of that report, it doesn't really address the problem that the World's agricultural system is breaking down now, and able to feed fewer and fewer people every year, as the population increases. So, how do we adapt to take care of our present overpopulation?

A book by Gwyn Dyer "Climate Wars" , which you may already be familiar with, seems to indicate that a lot of the people at the top echelons of decision-making are fully aware of the climate crisis and still advocating a do-nothing strategy to change from the carbon-based energy economy. And that leads me to believe that they are already factoring in mass extinction as part of the future.

If the writer of Evolve Now, or anyone else has ideas of how we can adapt and still avoid a catastrophe of a scale greater than what's happening now in East Africa, I sure would like to hear it!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it doesn't impact the next financial quarter it's on the back burner -- if on the stove at all.

We're *********.