• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution is Not Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNipper

My "Christian" perspective is that there are Roman Catholics who are SAVED true Christians (little Christs); however, they aren't SAVED because they are Roman Catholics nor because they believe that the ROMAN CATHOLIC church is the "original" Church or they hold that this pope is one of a line of popes is reputed to extend back to Peter.

As a Christian, I don't believe Pope John Paul II is a "Christian" because he was choosen by a group of Cardinals to be a pope. Pope John Paul is only a TRUE CHRISTIAN if he accepts his personal sinful nature, places his sins on the redemptive work of CHRIST and has given himself over to GOD's leading through the Holy Spirit who
upholds the inerrant Word of GOD.

"Good" works, "pious" displays, nor regal splendor is a sign of the HEART.

I close in saying that the ONLY head of the TRUE CHURCH (which encompasses all true believers) is NONE OTHER than Jesus Christ HIMSELF.

Zero Faith

My "Christian" perspective is that there are Roman Catholics who are SAVED true Christians (little Christs); however, they aren't SAVED because they are Roman Catholics nor because they believe that the ROMAN CATHOLIC church is the "original" Church or they hold that this pope is one of a line of popes is reputed to extend back to Peter.

Wow. That's a convoluted system of belief that could only have arisen from a rather clear communication from the Most High. "Okay. So. If you believe this, then you're all good, unless you also believe this, in which case you're damned to Hell for all eternity, unless you do this before the break of dawn on the third day of ..."

How much I'd give to see the original communique. The "Most High Manifesto" from which the various versions of the Bible were pulled.

Where do Christians think all this detailed, complicated nonsense came from? Either someone had a close-and-personal two-way-communication sit-down with the Almighty (pfft, a 'get out of needing faith free' card if I ever heard of one), or chains are being pulled across the planet.

LittleNipper

There is nothing complicated about being a True Christian in the least. A true Christian is an adopted child of GOD through Christ Jesus. MAN made RELIGIONS makes the simple seem complicated.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. This is a simple all inclusive statement. It means everyone.

The wages of sin is death but the gift of GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
If everyone sins then everyone is deserving of death ----again simple and to the point

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. One has only place their
faith in Jesus and nothing and no one else.

How more simple do you want it to be. You don't need to be a member of XYZ church.
You don't need to pay dues. You don't need to buy special clothes or a prayer rug.
You don't need to wear a hat. You don't have to get a tatoo or whip yourself or pray a certain times of the day & night.

It is very simple ----- atheism is much more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.