• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution is a Big Lie

cottage

Life only comes from life that has already been HERE.

I tend to agree, but for entirely different reasons. The argument can be made that where there are only two possibilities, in this case a self-existent world or a created world, only one of the possibilities can be true, and the most reasonable explanation will be the acceptable one. Which, then, is the more likely or reasonable, a world that we agree exists, in which cause and effect is a known phenomenon, or a supposed external source that is assumed to have those features of our known world, upon which the theist must depend in order to argue for what is claimed? Both hypotheses can be denied without contradiction, and so neither of them is demonstrably true, but I contend that the former is the more reasonable. And while we cannot of course demonstrate that the universe is necessary, we know that it exists, but in the case of God we have no such assurance.

Heat, precipitation, oxygen and nitrogen etc supply our needs for life; objects degrade and die and new objects appear from the old constituents and then grow to maturity, ensuring the continuity and the cyclical balance of life. So the undeniable fact is that the universe exists as a sustaining power. Why then is it necessary to look for a further sustaining power? And why should the world be created? That last point raises a teleological question: Neither God nor or a self-existent world require an explanation or a reason for being, for it is reasonable to allow that if a thing answers to itself and has always existed then it just is, but if the world is created by God, a source external to the universe, there must be purpose in the creation and a reason for bringing it into being. So...what is it?

rusra02

Premium Member
Such as...?

Wait a minute...are saying I can take something "God" created copy it to create new and BETTER products and inventions...? Sounds like this god fellow is kind of incompetent to me. Why not just create everything "perfect" without the need for improvements...?

Not at all. Man can only imperfectly mimic God's engineering feats, never surpass or improve them. They improve stuff other men have made. A seagulls wings, for example, serve as the inspiration for a prototype drone that can hover, dive, and climb quickly. But it is a poor imitation of a real seagull's wings. And it took a long time for scientists to understand how a seagull can stand on ice without it's legs freezing (something called countercurrent heat exchange). if we can learn that from a bird, imagine what brilliant wisdom is yet to be discovered. And evolutionists claim it all just happened because...why?

So what you're really saying is, it is the designer's fault for not being able to know that creation would disobey him and think for themselves as he created them to...?...:rolleyes:..Your god sounds like a kid playing with an ant farm.

Millions of intelligent people who think for themselves have obeyed God in the past, and millions still do. God always knows what he is doing, and nothing that Satan or men do will prevent his purposes from being carried out. (Isaiah 55:8-11)

No we're not. The smallest of unseen microbes can wipe us out easily. There are a multitude of things wrong withe the human body if we posit a designer. Take the senses to see, hear and smell....they pale in comparison to other animals. We're hardly the fastest animal on the planet. Yes, if we are designed then the designer did a crappy job.

Anyone who has even a rudimentary knowledge of the human body knows how wrong that statement is. But if you think you can do a better job, please, go ahead, with the mind God gave you, and the hands he gave you, and the eyes he gave you.

I'll leave all the butt kissing up to you. Clearly this god gets an "F" in biology from me......

"The perversity of you men! Should the potter himself be accounted just like the clay? For should the thing say respecting its maker: "He did not make me?" And does the very thing formed actually say respecting its former: "He showed no understanding"? (Isaiah 29:15,16)

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think this thread has cured me. Hallaluyah!!:D

Terry, you said we (humans) are reastricted to a small part of the world environment, not true. Our intelligence, reasoning and omniverous diet gives us the adaptability to suvive just about anywhere on the globe. Plop a camel down in the arctic or a polar bear in the desert and their done for in short order. A human with learned skills can not only survive but will be able to take advantage of the environment and flourish.
I think the only other life form capable of such is bacteria. Kinda ironic.:p

We can vist the world of the birds and the fishes and even the most arrid desert or frozen waste. However we are not native of those places nor are we likely to be.
Birds do better in all those places with out our so called intillegence.

rusra02

Premium Member
His statement was dead-on accurate, alas. We're actually extremely fragile and prone to break-downs.

Yes, we are prone to break-downs but, as mentioned before, that is Adam, Eve, and Satan's fault, not God's. God did not create the first man to die. (Deuteronomy 32:4,5) God has promised to reverse the process of the breaking down of the human body and even ending death. (Revelation 21:3,4)

rusra02

Premium Member
So you'd blame the clay if you bought a poorly-made pot?

If an exquisitely made vase that showed superior workmanship had dings and cracks in it, I would not quickly blame the maker. Likely, something happened to that vase after it left the shop. Someone abused it, causing harm. That's what happened to us. "through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12)
Rather than blame the vase maker, I would go to him to see if the vase can be repaired. Happily, our Maker has made arrangements to do just that.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
If an exquisitely made vase that showed superior workmanship had dings and cracks in it, I would not quickly blame the maker. Likely, something happened to that vase after it left the shop. Someone abused it, causing harm. That's what happened to us. "through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12)
Rather than blame the vase maker, I would go to him to see if the vase can be repaired. Happily, our Maker has made arrangements to do just that.
That wasn't the condition in my question; nice dodge, again. :D

But I understand the pathology.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I particlurly don't buy into the theory as they teach it in schools

Not only have I raised three kids and being fully invested in their educations...I happened to work for a local school system and having access to their biology books I'd say the publishes as well as the science teachers are doing a great job teaching the students about the basic fundamentals of biological evolution. On the Secondary School level not much more is needed as the subject may be too large in scope to cover with limited class time they have. When they reach the college level is where they can be taught in depth.

Walkntune

Not only have I raised three kids and being fully invested in their educations...I happened to work for a local school system and having access to their biology books I'd say the publishes as well as the science teachers are doing a great job teaching the students about the basic fundamentals of biological evolution. On the Secondary School level not much more is needed as the subject may be too large in scope to cover with limited class time they have. When they reach the college level is where they can be taught in depth.
I will put it this way, it is very easy to see why Einstein left the skeptical scientific dogma taught through the education system to seek real science.

He was simply one of many who changed the perceptions of that scientific "dogma". That's one thing about science, it changes as new information is discovered.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I will put it this way, it is very easy to see why Einstein left the skeptical scientific dogma taught through the education system to seek real science.
Skeptical science constantly questions dogmatic beliefs. Your description of the science Albert Einstein supposedly 'left' to seek 'real' science makes absolutely no sense.:shrug:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Not at all. Man can only imperfectly mimic God's engineering feats, never surpass or improve them.

Now you're moving the goal post because you can't choose your words correctly. You said.....

Biomimetics is the study of design patterns in living things that can be copied and used to create new and better products and inventions.
You haven't given any example of something that was mimicked that was "imperfect". And so you know...NO ONE ever mimics nature but claims it to be perfect. What is evident is that when we look to nature to create we're doing so for a particular purpose to enhance our lives. Take for instance Velcro. It was developed after an engineer noticed how Burdock seeds kept sticking to clothing. Take for instance the Cats Eye Reflector. It wasn't mimicked to improve on nature rather it was developed from studying how cat's eyes reflect light. It's widely used as a benefit to humanity.

Millions of intelligent people who think for themselves have obeyed God in the past, and millions still do. God always knows what he is doing, and nothing that Satan or men do will prevent his purposes from being carried out. (Isaiah 55:8-11)

Nope... take into consideration those that don't follow your god, your book or your way of life. Obeying your god is not a prerequisite for human intelligence. Humanity has endured before and without the knowledge or belief in your deity.

So people know what we're talking about here...I said....

The smallest of unseen microbes can wipe us out easily. There are a multitude of things wrong withe the human body if we posit a designer.
and your response is...

Anyone who has even a rudimentary knowledge of the human body knows how wrong that statement is. But if you think you can do a better job, please, go ahead, with the mind God gave you, and the hands he gave you, and the eyes he gave you.

Bubonic plague
Malaria
Influenza
AIDS
Ebola

Shall I go on? I stand by my statement because it is a historical and a biological fact. Do you even understand what it takes to keep Ebola away from Earth's population? If there was an outbreak and it went unchecked and quarantined a large portion of human life would be lost. There is no known cure for it. This is why evolution, on this level, is fact and understood. If it weren't for biologist studying something like this and understanding how it works...but simply "leaving it in God's hands" you and I wouldn't even be debating your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Last edited: