• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone practices Falun Dafa, and the epidemic will soon pass

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No, it is not a Religion, I am my self a practitioner of Falun Gong I know it is a cultivation path and not a religion. For those who do not know Falun Gong, it may look similar to Buddhism but it is not.

Cultivation of mind and body. Yes there is teaching, but this teaching is so each individual person can understand how to become free from this physical realm, it is not about belief like it is in religion. its about inner wisdom
You can say whatever you want, but it's a religion. It has a theology and practices. It reminds me of how naive Westerners think that Buddhism isn't a religion.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You can say whatever you want, but it's a religion. It has a theology and practices. It reminds me of how naive Westerners think that Buddhism isn't a religion.
As a former Buddhist for 20 years i know a bit about it, the true Buddhism that Sakyamuni (historical buddha) was teaching was not a religion, that too was a Cultivation path, What people seem to not understand is that the concept of religion is man-made because they become lazy on the cultivation path, because it is very very difficult to cultivate, so they were making it into a less difficult path where belief in itself was enough to be saved, that is not a correct way to see it, only true cultivation can lead to a true saving.

I would hope that in the future if we discuss Falun Gong it would be best if people actually read the true teaching and then if there were questions it would be right to discuss our understanding.
As long as someone does not know the truth about a path like Falun Gong, how can they criticize it? Just because it is different then what you are used to?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
As a former Buddhist for 20 years i know a bit about it, the true Buddhism that Sakyamuni (historical buddha) was teaching was not a religion, that too was a Cultivation path, What people seem to not understand is that the concept of religion is man-made because they become lazy on the cultivation path, because it is very very difficult to cultivate, so they were making it into a less difficult path where belief in itself was enough to be saved, that is not a correct way to see it, only true cultivation can lead to a true saving.

I would hope that in the future if we discuss Falun Gong it would be best if people actually read the true teaching and then if there were questions it would be right to discuss our understanding.
As long as someone does not know the truth about a path like Falun Gong, how can they criticize it? Just because it is different then what you are used to?
Basically anything that is a philosophy, a way of life, etc. can fall under the broad banner of religion.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Again, it's a religion. Don't know why you're trying to avoid the term and make it look like a self-help course, which makes me even more suspicious of it. Cults do that a lot. $cientology does it, too.

I didn't even reply to what the OP said, only to what you said.

Shad

Veteran Member
The American people will not be infected by COVID-19 according to the new scriptures published by Li Hongzhi, the master of Falun Dafa whose headquarter the Dragon Springs is located in New York. Li said the outbreak of Covid-19 is directed against the Communist Party of China. Thus only those who are close to the Communist Party of China will be infected. So even if the American people are infected, they can only be the carriers of the virus, but will never die. Therefore, ventilators and masks are unnecessary. As long as everyone practices Falun Dafa, the epidemic will be over soon.

This guy is a crackpot considering there are Americans, and other nationalities, infected and died. Anyone that follows him is a fool

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I can not answer for that, but i can say what i think.
If those countries have some kind of connection with the CCP and CCP uses these countries to spread the wickedness CCP does stand for, then it can be this reason why it was said, But I honestly do not know at this moment.
You just finishing parroting quotes from "your master" - who you say you agree with - arguing that people who died from COVID-19 deserved it.

Before pointing fingers at other people's "wickedness," do something about the evil you're selling.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You just finishing parroting quotes from "your master" - who you say you agree with - arguing that people who died from COVID-19 deserved it.

Before pointing fingers at other people's "wickedness," do something about the evil you're selling.
Say that to the person who opens this OP, the first fault was the disinformation that leads to this discussion.
The reason I stopped speaking about Falun Gong within this forum is the very thing that happens in this thread. The attacks from peoples who do not know anything about the teaching of Falun Gong, and they do not know the difference in the Cultivation path and in what religion is.
The only person so far in this forum who has some knowledge about Falun Gong except for my self is @dybmh, and even we do not always agree about the teaching or what the teaching means, I have respect for his view.

I wanted a Falun Gong Dir but that was not something that was possible since I was the only member who is a Falun Gong practitioner.

I have nothing more to add to this thread.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Say that to the person who opens this OP, the first fault was the disinformation that leads to this discussion.
The reason I stopped speaking about Falun Gong within this forum is the very thing that happens in this thread. The attacks from peoples who do not know anything about the teaching of Falun Gong, and they do not know the difference in the Cultivation path and in what religion is.
The only person so far in this forum who has some knowledge about Falun Gong except for my self is @dybmh, and even we do not always agree about the teaching or what the teaching means, I have respect for his view.
You were the one who told us that the virus's impact is in line with what Li Hongzhi wants, and that he has the power to stop it.

I wanted a Falun Gong Dir but that was not something that was possible since I was the only member who is a Falun Gong practitioner.
You want a DIR despite your claim that it isn't a religion?

I have nothing more to add to this thread.
You've said more than enough already.

Every time you talk about Falun Gong, you make my opinion of it worse and worse.