• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everybody was created!!

DC85

Do you have selective FAITH? Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE? You have a big problem on your hands. I would ask help from the eternal physician. He's merciful you know.
Do you have selective faith? Why the Bible is correct on the creation accounts and not other religions past and present? There are plenty of other "creation accounts" why believe the Bible? Why believe ANY of them without evidence?

A

angellous_evangellous

*Angellous shouts into the wind, "Science cannot tells us that God created the world!!"*

*Angellous ponders why jt1970 has not attempted to defend his views...*

*reaches for more popcorn and Dr. Pepper*

*ahhhh*

linwood

I told ya it was too weak to argue.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
angellous_evangellous said:
I'm sure he just hasn't had time to get back to this thread. You just know it isn't because the gas tank is empty...

TVOR

devodave

Ummm, I am assuming you are trying to be humorous when you say faith is needed for me to acknowledge the civil war, the event known by tons of photos, books, etc--and that that faith equates to the same faith needed to accept a two thousand year old Sumerian based mythological legend. Good satire jt1970.

Tawn

jt1970 said:
Faith is beliving that what you're told is true, AND IT IS A BASIC INGREDIENT TO LIFE!!

We know we were created because we have a HISTORICAL account. "In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth ..."

Do you have selective FAITH? Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE? You have a big problem on your hands. I would ask help from the eternal physician. He's merciful you know.
Ok so im gonna tell you that evolution is fact and that there is no God. Faith is believeing what you're told is true. Youve been told - now believe it.
Oh yeah and I have it written it lots of books - you should be able to find them in any good library or bookshop.

Everyone has selective faith - you too. This is simply a result of contradictory information.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
That's right, everybody was created, they had a mother and father.

Everyone having a mother and father proves nothing, except for evolution.

But how can you be sure? Were you concious at the time? Do you remember?

We are a little more sophisticated than this. Give me a break. :eek:

No, you trust others, and maybe writen documents. YOU HAVE FAITH!!!

We don't trust others for our self-awareness. We don't need to have faith that we were born from other human beings. If so, your first point is redundant and asenine. However, it is asenine and proves nothing in and of itself. Caps are irritating by the way. If you had a good point here, we certainly would have caught it.

How do you know there was a civil war in the US?
Were you there? No, you read historical books AND HAVE FAITH!!!

Blah blah blah. There is plenty of evidence for the civil war. We can go to many places in the South and see the canons, the battlefields, and the memorials. Together with letters, uniforms, and other evidence, we can be certian that there was a War Between the States for Southern Independence or the War of Northern Agression.

Faith is beliving that what you're told is true, AND IT IS A BASIC INGREDIENT TO LIFE!!

We know we were created because we have a HISTORICAL account. "In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth ..."

Perhaps faith is a basic ingredient to life, and this should have been your first point. However, faith in believing in a civil war or that we all have parents is not relevant to faith in God. The civil war and biology are physical and God is metaphysical. Putting "faith" in what can be easily seen or demonstated is not the same thing as placing faith in the incomprehensible Almighty God. We can use DNA testing to find our parents (which by no means proves creationism) and historical critical methods to find out if there was a war (the Trojan war is a much better example), but no tests can be developed to find God.

What are you an atheist in Christians' clothing?

PhoenixDeity

Let's not forget, kids, that faith in the definite and inevitable IS FAITH OMGOM. Placing faith in something that can be proven to occur or be proven without a doubt did occur is EXACTLY the same as placing faith in something completely unproven and with the scientific backing of Batman himself. Yes, you heard me: Batman. And Robin.

Fluffy

A fool
I agree with what the original poster is trying to say (at least what I think he is trying to say but now he is banned we shall never know) but the way he argues it is rather poor in my opinion. It is an interesting tactic but one that doesn't work since it as obviously missed its point as proven by the huge number of replies which utilise evidence requiring faith to back up the fact that they do not have faith in a given event. Hmmmmm.