• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Every Moment is Fresh and New

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers!

I hope you are enjoying your experiences here on the forum today.

Here's a site I fund a while back. Then I re-visited it just a moment ago -

How to welcome in the new? By being open to this present moment – to living in the here and now. Not as a concept, but as our actual reality. The dictionary defines new as “appearing for the first time.” The essential gift of this time of the New Year is that it reminds us of the actual reality of our existence: everything is always appearing for the first time, every moment is always fresh and new, brimming with possibility. What an insight!

Think about it – is it possible for a moment to be repeated? Certainly, things are familiar in our lives. When we wake up in the morning, the bedroom looks just as it did before we fell asleep the night before. But our experience in the moment is completely unique. This moment has never occurred before and will never occur again. In truth, we are always welcoming in the new.

So why do things seem familiar, even humdrum and stale? Sometimes we long for something new to happen. How can that be if every moment is new – if the fresh experience of reality is right here, closer than the breath?

Read more -

Every Moment is Fresh and New - Dr. Gail Brenner

Loads more at that site - if you have the time & the inclination!

:)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Greetings fellow seekers!

I hope you are enjoying your experiences here on the forum today.

Here's a site I fund a while back. Then I re-visited it just a moment ago -

How to welcome in the new? By being open to this present moment – to living in the here and now. Not as a concept, but as our actual reality. The dictionary defines new as “appearing for the first time.” The essential gift of this time of the New Year is that it reminds us of the actual reality of our existence: everything is always appearing for the first time, every moment is always fresh and new, brimming with possibility. What an insight!

Think about it – is it possible for a moment to be repeated? Certainly, things are familiar in our lives. When we wake up in the morning, the bedroom looks just as it did before we fell asleep the night before. But our experience in the moment is completely unique. This moment has never occurred before and will never occur again. In truth, we are always welcoming in the new.

So why do things seem familiar, even humdrum and stale? Sometimes we long for something new to happen. How can that be if every moment is new – if the fresh experience of reality is right here, closer than the breath?

Read more -

Every Moment is Fresh and New - Dr. Gail Brenner

Loads more at that site - if you have the time & the inclination!

:)
Except there are no moments. There is an eternal now that does nothing except continue to exist. The mind's 'I' focuses on this and then that and this continuing change of focus appears to the memory as a movement of moments. My goodness is we build a pendulum, we can measure these moments and call them seconds! Truth is though there is only now which never stops being now because existence continues to exist.

But seriously, yes, living in the now will bring a peace that is beyond understanding, it is highly recommended.