• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Erdogan critic Dogan Akhanli arrested in Spain

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Not very nice of Mr. Erdogan. I think he needs a talking to.

Jumi

This is... disturbing, but I can't say I'm surprised after Erdogan called Merkel a Nazi and an enemy of the Turkish people and called on the millions of Turkish living in Germany to vote against Merkel's Christian Democratic Union in Germany's elections.

Flankerl

Does he speak English?

No he doesn't. Which is why he always looks so incredibly lonely at the big conferences when no translator is around.

Also if you are unsure whether he understands you just use German, best in form of a poem.

I would quote such a poem but that would probably get me banned from RF. :D

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
This is... disturbing, but I can't say I'm surprised after Erdogan called Merkel a Nazi and an enemy of the Turkish people and called on the millions of Turkish living in Germany to vote against Merkel's Christian Democratic Union in Germany's elections.

But what do you think of Spain's actions here?

Jumi

Turkey has shown a desire to stomp on human rights and moving toward dictatorship where some truths are to be made quiet. I don't see why anyone would hand over people other than the worst criminals to them. This is a double shame, because there are many good things about the country.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Turkey has shown a desire to stomp on human rights and moving toward dictatorship where some truths are to be made quiet. I don't see why anyone would hand over people other than the worst criminals to them. This is a double shame, because there are many good things about the country.

Why do you think Spain might have done so?

Jumi

Why do you think Spain might have done so?
According to news, because Turkey has given a "red" interpol order without proof. They have a time limit to provide said proof. If they don't present proof, it will damage their international trustworthiness. For some reason they think it's worth it.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
According to news, because Turkey has given a "red" interpol order without proof. They have a time limit to provide said proof. If they don't present proof, it will damage their international trustworthiness. For some reason they think it's worth it.

Turkey or Spain think it's worth it?

Jumi

Ah, so you were referring to Turkey. But why would Spain feel the need to respond to such a request so quickly?
You don't usually send red notices without a legitimate reason. Why do you think they didn't follow through so fast and let him go, asking for proof?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
You don't usually send red notices without a legitimate reason. Why do you think they didn't follow through so fast and let him go, asking for proof?

Right, but this is Turkey - or rather Erdoğan - we are talking about!