• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Equality before the UN and human rights documents

islam abduallah

i met a person who told me "Islam is supporting racism" and it permits the Muslims to steal and kill the non Muslims
really i wonder a lot from his words and thought how he could that too fake idea, so decided to write a little about how does the Islam honored the mankind in general and ordered us to protect their lives and wealth

Allah said "And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah . Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know." 9:6 it's a clear order from Allah to refuge the polytheists and protect them even if our lives are the price

Allah said "O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do." 5:8

it's clear order to do Justice to all people "whatever their religion" even if we hate them or they hate us

Allah said "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely" 5:32

who saves a soul "any soul" as he saves the mankind entirely and who kills one like who killed the mankind entirely, Allah doesn't specify any religion for the soul

Allah said "Indeed, Allah commands you to render trusts to whom they are due and when you judge between people to judge with justice. Excellent is that which Allah instructs you. Indeed, Allah is ever Hearing and Seeing." 4:58 it's clear command to render the trusts to all people regardless their religion and judge among them regardless in justice regardless their religion

i just want here to mention an example of how Just is Islam
‘Ali bin Abi Talib lost a shield that was dear to him and later found it in the hands of a non-Muslim citizen who was selling it in one of Koofah’s markets. When he saw it, ‘Ali said: “This is my shield that fell off my camel on so and so night at such and such time.” The man answered: “No, this is my shield in my hand.” ‘Ali replied: “No, it is mine since I never sold or gave it to any one.”

The man agreed to let a judge decide, which ‘Ali accepted. They went to Shurayh who asked ‘Ali for his side of the story. ‘Ali said that the shield was his and that he had found it with that man, it had fallen off his camel and he had never sold it or given it to anyone. The judge turned to the other man asking his story. The man said that he did not accuse ‘Ali of lying, but the shield was his, as it was in his hands.

May Allah guide us to his right path

Shurayh turned to ‘Ali saying: “I believe you, but we need the statement of two witnesses to back your story.” ‘Ali said that there was his aide Qanbar and his son Al-Hassan to which the man replied that a son could not testify for the benefit of his father. Ali said: “O God, a man who is promised paradise cannot act as a witness! Have you not heard what the Prophet , said that Al-Hassan and Al-Hussayn were the masters of the youths of paradise? Shurayh said: “Yes I have, but a son cannot bear witness for his father.”

Then ‘Ali turned to the man and said: “Take the shield, as I have no other witnesses.”

The man, who was a non-Muslim, then said: “O ‘Ali, the shield is yours. What a great religion! I can sue ‘Ali and get a judge to pass a decision for my benefit! I declare myself a Muslim.” He told the judge that he was following the army and had seen the shield fall down and picked it up. ‘Ali then told him to keep the shield and gave him a horse, besides. Soon after, the man was seen under Ali’s leadership fighting Al-Kharajites (dissenters). Are these two examples not sufficient for us to follow those great men?

another example

A son of `Amr ben Al `Aas, the governor of Egypt, once struck a man of the lower class. The man swore that he would lodge a complaint to the Caliph `Umar ben Al Khattab. `Amr ben Al Aas's son told the man to do so, boasting that the Caliph would never punish him, since he was the son of the noble ruler of Egypt. Later, during the pilgrimage season when the Caliph `Omar, his retinue, `Amr ben `Al `Aas and his son were assembled together, the man whom `Amr's son had struck went to the Caliph, and pointed to the son of `Amr ben Al `Aas and said : "This man struck me unjustly and when I threatened to complain to you, he told me that he was the son of a nobleman and that you would never punish him".

The Caliph `Umar ben Al Khattab looked at `Amr ben Al `Aas and uttered his famous words "What right have you to enslave people, whose mothers gave birth to them as free people?" He then gave the man who had lodged his complaint a whip and told him to strike the son of the nobleman - namely the son of `Amr ben Al `Aas - as he had struck him.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
Very good article.

Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said in Farewell Adress, which the Charter of human right:

... An Arab has no preference over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab over an Arab; nor is a white one to be preferred to a dark one, nor a dark one to a white one....