• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Environmentalism saves lives, and money

WARTORIOUS

Although I really don't want to moan about Environmentalism I would like to say something that may have been overlooked my the government in the US. I don't know how the ideas of Environmentalism are portrayed in the US but from here there seems to be the false image of hippy ideals that will hurt industry, however it’s a fact that the rising carbon emissions made mostly by the US are contributing and causing many of the extreme weather phonemes like hurricanes, like Katrina and many others, floods like new Orleans, droughts not just in the US but worldwide. These are set to keep increasing alarmingly in number and power over the next 100 years. It seems that the US government don't see that an investment in cleaner industries, cleaner energy sources, cleaner cars and many other things it could be doing are an investment that will save tax dollars and American lives. If the US government can put billions and billions of dollars into protecting the world from terrorists then surly they can invest into working cleaner, witch will save lives and in the long term money form less environmental disasters. Systems like carbon tokens and many many more that have been emplaced around the world to comply with Kyoto and other laws have made industry more efficient, more competitive, cause less waste and have benefited industries.

It will cost some money to invest in cleaner country but it’s so worth it and will save lives, and like I have said money, just look at how much New Orleans and countless others cost to clean up. In the next hundred years, that’s your children’s and grand children’s lives scientists have predicted the temperature all over planet will rise by anywhere between 5 and 15 degrees. That’s 5 and 15 degrees averagely hotter in the UK to Australia, US to Brazil, everywhere. The arctic will get warmer and that the water currants in the sea will all change causing major major changes.

A country has to listen to its people, however I have heard the media in the US, that has so much influence over what people know and think don’t portray this subject in a good light. I just hope for our sake and our children’s sake we look at what were doing and I hope the world pays more attention to this issue.