• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the world in 2012?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
every death causes a diturbance in the force. if a giant planet with billions of life forms just exploded, it would cause a great disturbance. All life should be revered, no matter what it is. thats why i bow to birds when i walk past them.
I agree, to a point. I don't bow to birds, though, I just move out of their way, so as to not frighten them.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
md_88 said:
every death causes a diturbance in the force. if a giant planet with billions of life forms just exploded, it would cause a great disturbance. All life should be revered, no matter what it is. thats why i bow to birds when i walk past them.
For crying out loud ! - the force ? do you believe in reality or fiction ?- death in a human loss or rebirth in nature? I don't know if you have noticed, but star Wars is fiction. Life ( as a total sum of nature) has only one level - that one of 'balance' - bow to birds, By all means, for they are just as equal in life to you - I bow to those equal to me - I revere them, for they are created by God, and are therefore beautiful creations.:)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Star Wars is based on real philosophies, michel. Not too much of a stretch to believe in the force, whether or not one believes in Star Wars.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
If this a correct assumption of why the Mayan Calender ends, then it will only be the end of things as we know it. And the the beginning of the The Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. Which makes since, who needs calenders if we are going to have eternal life?

matey

another prediction is by Harold Camping in which the end comes in 2011. Just search his name and you'll find some more info about it, if interested.

ch'ang

artist in training
Did you know that if all politician salaries were reduced to the average public school teacher's salary, we could pay off the national debt and still have enough left to actually pay for all of the things they tell us tax dollars pay for.
No I didn't, but now I that I do it will only further fuel my silent rage against all politicians.

For crying out loud ! - the force ? do you believe in reality or fiction ?- death in a human loss or rebirth in nature? I don't know if you have noticed, but star Wars is fiction. Life ( as a total sum of nature) has only one level - that one of 'balance' - bow to birds, By all means, for they are just as equal in life to you - I bow to those equal to me - I revere them, for they are created by God, and are therefore beautiful creations.
Well I have to say that believing in some philosophy from a movie is kinda weird, but to me Christians live in the same fantasy world just with different names for all the characters though I'm not trying to down play either of your beliefs if I could believe in something similar to Christianity I would but I won't force myself to believe something because I like the sound of it, it has to make sense to me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I have read more times that the world wont end on 12.21.2012. It is rather the dawn of a new era. However, there will be much death and destruction before hand, and many controversial issues. Im citing this from memory, so its not 100% accurate, but the guy who invinted the Klini Sound Wave Chair was clinically dead for a period of time I don't remeber. While he was on the spiritual realm, he was givin a large amount of boxes that contained the knowledge of future events, allthough I forget the exact number, it was over 100. All but 5, have happened. One of the boxes was the chip that the goes in your hand will be required approximatly around 2008-2009, just shortly after WW3 breaks out on a strong level, which was another box. WW3 will be the first true world war, and there will be no place that is safe. The American government will release all information of extra-terrestrial visits, confirming thier existance, in the next 2 to 3 years. And the other one was more natural disaters that make the December Tsunami look week. One of the disasters is one of the volcanoes on the western part of Africa will explode, causing another Tsunami. This one will travel to west, gain strength and speed across the Atlantic, and slam into the East Coast of America.

C&N

Everything I say is based off memory from something i read on this subject a while back. The point is, is that the Mayan's did not predict that the world was going to end in 2012. It is just the start of a new time. We are currently in a transition period (i think its from like the mid 1980's- 2012), which we can all tell since technology is advancing like crazy. Also, all ailments of the 1900's are supposed to be cured by then (like cancer, aids etc... which some people believe have already been found, but the pharmaceuticals are just exploiting people with drugs that are just meant to let people live on drugs forever and keep paying them money).
Now the Mayans believed that the humans are guided through each era by some far greater force ( a different God/era or God is changing his attitude possibly, can't remember), and the problem with 2012 is that humans are on their own. We do not get a greater force to guide us, we are totally on our own. I do not think humans are capable of walking their own path with all this greed and corruption, and even though I am not a big fan of astrology, maybe "They (Illuminati)" are and are planning this whole ordeal.
So with that in mind, make your own judgments if you are in to this sort of thing. If you have faith in humanity ( I really don't), then there is nothing to worry about.

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Who cares what the Mayans think? :biglaugh:

We are alot smarter than the Mayans, people.

Ill place a bet with anyone right now, if the world ends in 2012 (or 2011, 2013), I'll give them $1,000,000 for being right. If the world does not end, I expect $1000 in return for being right.

Who is in! :biglaugh:

The Black Whirlwind

michel said:
For crying out loud ! - the force (Force, at least give it some respect) ? do you believe in reality or fiction ?- death in a human loss or rebirth in nature? I don't know if you have noticed, but star Wars is fiction. Life ( as a total sum of nature) has only one level - that one of 'balance' - bow to birds, By all means, for they are just as equal in life to you - I bow to those equal to me - I revere them, for they are created by God, and are therefore beautiful creations.:)
Star Wars is fiction?!? Dang, no wonder my lightsaber hasn't been working.:D I do believe in reality, but this attack on my belief system isn't very nice at all. Star Wars is fiction, i dont deny it. That doesn't mean i can't learn from it. The Force is very similar to the Tao in many ways, and it is what creates life

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
TheJedi said:
Star Wars is fiction?!? Dang, no wonder my lightsaber hasn't been working.:D I do believe in reality, but this attack on my belief system isn't very nice at all. Star Wars is fiction, i dont deny it. That doesn't mean i can't learn from it. The Force is very similar to the Tao in many ways, and it is what creates life
Hi The Jedi;

When this thread was resurected, and I saw my post, I 'cringed' - I can't believe I made such a crass statement.

It does go to show how the foeum makes one (Well, I am talking about me, but I am sure it applies to most) so much more tollerant. As late as late May - well, I can only apologize for my attitudes then - unless I was having a particular 'off' day............

Anyway, that's not the point - I just need to say a good old 'I am sorry for being so silly'.

Forgiven?:eek:

Oh, and as to the topic itself, I don' t pay any heed to predictions; I have trouble keepimg up with reality, let alone unsubstantiated doom and gloom.... I think Maize's reply reflects my thinking.........:D

I've heard about this and I do believe if the world is to end from some spirt's will then this shall be the date it happens on. However I'm sure science will once again pick up the ball, where God has dropped it.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
michel said:
For crying out loud ! - the force ? do you believe in reality or fiction ?- death in a human loss or rebirth in nature? I don't know if you have noticed, but star Wars is fiction. Life ( as a total sum of nature) has only one level - that one of 'balance' - bow to birds, By all means, for they are just as equal in life to you - I bow to those equal to me - I revere them, for they are created by God, and are therefore beautiful creations.:)
Coming from a christian this has yet again maxed out my irony meter. I'm going to have to get a new one at this rate.
What is the bible if not a neat collection of myths and legends that tells a tale with a vague sense of morality?
What is Starwars if not a the ultimate myth/legend of our generation that also dishes out a neat moral story?

You believe your fiction and leave him to believe in his. :cool:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Fade said:
Coming from a christian this has yet again maxed out my irony meter. I'm going to have to get a new one at this rate.
What is the bible if not a neat collection of myths and legends that tells a tale with a vague sense of morality?
What is Starwars if not a the ultimate myth/legend of our generation that also dishes out a neat moral story?

You believe your fiction and leave him to believe in his. :cool:
and you could look at post #31.

Besides, as far as your comment goes,
Bible:- "What is the bible if not a neat collection of myths and legends that tells a tale with a vague sense of morality?" balderdash - that is not a definition, that is a biased and totally innacurate definition of 'Bible' - see below.

Merriam Webster Bible:-"the sacred scriptures of Christians comprising the Old Testament and the New Testament b : the sacred "

AskOxford, Bible :"the Christian scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments. 2 the Jewish scriptures. 3 (bible) [size=-1]informal[/size] a book regarded as authoritative. "

Starwars:"What is Starwars if not a the ultimate myth/legend of our generation that also dishes out a neat moral story?" - agreed.

I suggest you not only buy yourself a new irony meter, but also a dictionary......:biglaugh:

Now, I made my peace with md_88; I retracted my statement - shall I troll through the forum to find all the crass statements you have made ?:p

Fade

The Great Master Bates
michel said:
and you could look at post #34.
icon12.gif
I did, gave you frubals for it and everything ... no charge :bounce

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Well, thank you sir; you might want to withdraw them since my edit though........:D

Fade

The Great Master Bates
michel said:
and you could look at post #31.

Besides, as far as your comment goes,
Bible:- "What is the bible if not a neat collection of myths and legends that tells a tale with a vague sense of morality?" balderdash - that is not a definition, that is a biased and totally innacurate definition of 'Bible' - see below.

Merriam Webster Bible:-"the sacred scriptures of Christians comprising the Old Testament and the New Testament b : the sacred "

AskOxford, Bible :"the Christian scriptures, consisting of the Old and New Testaments. 2 the Jewish scriptures. 3 (bible) [size=-1]informal[/size] a book regarded as authoritative. "

Starwars:"What is Starwars if not a the ultimate myth/legend of our generation that also dishes out a neat moral story?" - agreed.

I suggest you not only buy yourself a new irony meter, but also a dictionary......:biglaugh:

Now, I made my peace with md_88; I retracted my statement - shall I troll through the forum to find all the crass statements you have made ?:p
Ha! and since when is a dictionaries word gospel? eh?
Anyhoo because you believe they are sacred doesn't mean that it is a factual document.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
troll all you like. I have my opinions and I stand by them. Show me to be wrong and I will admit it. hurting peoples feelings isn't something I'm particularly bothered about.