• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk sues OpenAI and its CEO for "contract breach"

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In a lawsuit that has some observers already doubting its legitimacy, Elon Musk, after contributing money to OpenAI in its early days, is suing OpenAI and its CEO for "breach of contract", saying that OpenAI has changed its vision since its earlier days when the money was contributed.

One of the more brief articles on the subject:

Me personally, I'm thinking that whether he wins will come down to exactly what's in the contract

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In a lawsuit that has some observers already doubting its legitimacy, Elon Musk, after loaning money to OpenAI in its early days, is suing OpenAI and its CEO for "breach of contract", saying that OpenAI has changed its vision since its earlier days when the money was loaned.

One of the more brief articles on the subject:

Its a very legitimate gripe. I remember when AI first came out publicly, and I bought some time. I talked about it here in this forum, and I told other people about it. Maybe you recall that I asked it to extend the Tyger poem. I was enthused that Open AI was going to be used to help people to learn to use AI for ourselves and our small businesses instead of been secluded and only used to help large corporations and secret organizations and governments who could afford the money it would take to train such a thing. We the people need similar access to it, too; because we have to balance the power of all those data collecting and analyzing organizations. Knowledge is power. Votes are being bought and sold through the use of statistical analysis and data collection. Farming is being revolutionized. Workers are being antiquated. The Brexit vote shows that through data analysis is it possible to insure one voting group can nearly guarantee victory provided it has the best data collection and analysis, and so AI is wielded against the public already. We must have the same power on our side.