• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elijah

2ndpillar

The so-called God of Israel is a made for Hollywood version which came about after the destruction of the first Temple and subjugation of Jewish people in Babylon. While in Babylon the priest class completely revised the OT books, they converted a relatively ordinary secular history into a miraculous fiction! While the Israelites did in fact commit a number of atrocities (normal behavior at the time) God never directed such actions.

Jesus did predict the day of Gentile vengeance upon the Israelites. The Light went West where at least a compromised version of the Gospel was accepted. Today Israel is simply a museum to a broken covenant!

Matthew 21:33-46 reads:

Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower and he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit and the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one and stoned another. Again he sent other servants, more than the first and they did likewise to them. Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?” They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.” Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

The stone which the builders rejected

Has become the chief cornerstone.

This was the Lord’s doing,

And it is marvelous in our eyes?’

Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it and whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them, but when they sought to lay hands on Him, they feared the multitudes, because they took Him for a prophet.”
The "kingdom" was taken from the "harlot", Israel in the form of Ephraim and Judah, and given to the beasts (kings of the nations) to "execute his purpose" (Revelation 17:17) which was the judgment upon Judah and Ephraim until they "acknowledge their guilt and seek My face" (Hosea 5), and after two days (2000 years), on the 3rd day, "He will revive us" (Hosea 6:2). The Gentile church was represented in Hosea 3 as the "adulteress", who was purchased for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver for "many days". "In that day" (the day of the LORD) of Isaiah 22:25, the "many days" of the Gentile church is over, and "the sons of Israel will return" "and will seek their God and David their king". The "in that day" of Isaiah 22:25 is the day when the supposed holder of the key of David, Peter (Isaiah 22:15-25), whose position is claimed by the Roman pope, will "fall" and all those who "hang" on to him will be "cut off", which is to say, the house (Gentile church) built on the "message" of the false prophets of Mt 7:15, will "fall" (Mt 7:27). The "stone" (Mt 21:42)(Daniel 2:45) you refer to is per Isaiah 28:15-18, one of righteousness and justice, and the "covenant with death" (gospel of grace) built on "deception" "shall be cancelled". Your time of gospels of false prophets preaching a gospel of lawlessness/wickedness is coming to an end. The number of atrocities made in the current atmosphere, 63 million abortions in the US since Roe, child trafficking at the border and in California where it is not listed as a criminal crime because of liberal administration, release of criminals, buying and selling of politicians, and prosecution of conservatives. I don't know, I think that when Jeremiah says that the nations/Gentiles who survive the coming "distress" will have plenty to confess regarding their inheritance of falsehoods (Jeremiah 16:19). As for what happens to the nations/Gentiles at the time of judgment for the nations, they will be sold into slavery (Joel 3:8) or in some cases, submit to Jacob/Israel as slaves (Isaiah 14:1-2). Whatever happened to Jacob/Israel for their sins, it will be worse for the Gentiles (Jeremiah 30:11), for Jacob will be "chastened" whereas the nations"/Gentiles will be "destroyed". You can paste together your own narrative based on the "message" of the "enemy" (Mt 13:25-50), which is mixed together with the "message" of the "son of man", but it won't protect you. The "kingdom of heaven" is based on power and Spirit, of which you have no visible signs of. Your cobbled narrative is based on the traditions of man. Your Gentile church is the house of the covenant of death (gospel of grace) which is about to be "cancelled" (Isaiah 28:15-18). Right now, Judah (Jews) and Jerusalem have been "revived" (Joel 3:1-2) and judgment is about to come on the nations/Gentiles, as specified in Zechariah 14 & Daniel 2:45. Your liberal schooling has led you down a rabbit hole, but according to Mt 7:13, you have "many" companions.

New American Standard Bible Rev 17:17
For God has put it in their (nations) hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their (Israel's/harlot) kingdom to the beast (kings of the nations), until the words of God will be fulfilled

Colt

The "kingdom" was taken from the "harlot", Israel in the form of Ephraim and Judah, and given to the beasts (kings of the nations) to "execute his purpose" (Revelation 17:17) which was the judgment upon Judah and Ephraim until they "acknowledge their guilt and seek My face" (Hosea 5), and after two days (2000 years), on the 3rd day, "He will revive us" (Hosea 6:2). The Gentile church was represented in Hosea 3 as the "adulteress", who was purchased for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver for "many days". "In that day" (the day of the LORD) of Isaiah 22:25, the "many days" of the Gentile church is over, and "the sons of Israel will return" "and will seek their God and David their king". The "in that day" of Isaiah 22:25 is the day when the supposed holder of the key of David, Peter (Isaiah 22:15-25), whose position is claimed by the Roman pope, will "fall" and all those who "hang" on to him will be "cut off", which is to say, the house (Gentile church) built on the "message" of the false prophets of Mt 7:15, will "fall" (Mt 7:27). The "stone" (Mt 21:42)(Daniel 2:45) you refer to is per Isaiah 28:15-18, one of righteousness and justice, and the "covenant with death" (gospel of grace) built on "deception" "shall be cancelled". Your time of gospels of false prophets preaching a gospel of lawlessness/wickedness is coming to an end. The number of atrocities made in the current atmosphere, 63 million abortions in the US since Roe, child trafficking at the border and in California where it is not listed as a criminal crime because of liberal administration, release of criminals, buying and selling of politicians, and prosecution of conservatives. I don't know, I think that when Jeremiah says that the nations/Gentiles who survive the coming "distress" will have plenty to confess regarding their inheritance of falsehoods (Jeremiah 16:19). As for what happens to the nations/Gentiles at the time of judgment for the nations, they will be sold into slavery (Joel 3:8) or in some cases, submit to Jacob/Israel as slaves (Isaiah 14:1-2). Whatever happened to Jacob/Israel for their sins, it will be worse for the Gentiles (Jeremiah 30:11), for Jacob will be "chastened" whereas the nations"/Gentiles will be "destroyed". You can paste together your own narrative based on the "message" of the "enemy" (Mt 13:25-50), which is mixed together with the "message" of the "son of man", but it won't protect you. The "kingdom of heaven" is based on power and Spirit, of which you have no visible signs of. Your cobbled narrative is based on the traditions of man. Your Gentile church is the house of the covenant of death (gospel of grace) which is about to be "cancelled" (Isaiah 28:15-18). Right now, Judah (Jews) and Jerusalem have been "revived" (Joel 3:1-2) and judgment is about to come on the nations/Gentiles, as specified in Zechariah 14 & Daniel 2:45. Your liberal schooling has led you down a rabbit hole, but according to Mt 7:13, you have "many" companions.

New American Standard Bible Rev 17:17
For God has put it in their (nations) hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their (Israel's/harlot) kingdom to the beast (kings of the nations), until the words of God will be fulfilled
A creative theological collage in contrast with the reality of the spread of the Christian Church as the best exponent of the life's work of the Son of God on earth. With all of it's faults and corruption Jesus has fostered the church.

2ndpillar

Peter and Paul’s gospel was atonement. I’m a disciple of Jesus; salvation by faith in the Father
Well, I apparently was confused by your diametric opposed intertwined statements whereas Paul's gospel of grace "salvation by faith", is now somehow not the gospel of atonement via "faith", yet you apparently make up a gospel of Jesus "by faith in the Father", whereas Yeshua's message was that one must eat of the "Word of God" (Spirit of Revelation) without the leaven of the Pharisees per the last supper example. Yeshua's "message" was that one was to heed his message (Mt 7:24), as in actually act on what he had to say. The "salvation by faith in the Father" and his prophet, is the message of Islam. If you are a "disciple of Jesus", do you follow his advice and sell all you had and give to the poor and follow me, after first keeping the Commandments (Mt 19:17-21). And what "faith" and what "Father" do you have faith in. Eve had faith in the "serpent's" "message" that she would "surely not die". Are you going to die, and have to eat by the sweat of your brow (Mt 6:33), and why is that, if you have "salvation by faith in the Father"? I don't know, there seems to be holes in your arguments. How are you free of your sins, and walk in disease, when God's chosen people were not free from the consequences of their sins and will not be washed clean until they are in the kingdom, located in the land given to Jacob, and "will walk in My statutes" under the kingship of David (Ez 37:23-25). I think your "faith" is questionable, as is who your "father" is. (1 John 3:8)

2ndpillar

A creative theological collage in contrast with the reality of the spread of the Christian Church as the best exponent of the life's work of the Son of God on earth. With all of it's faults and corruption Jesus has fostered the church.
Your Gentile "church" was built on petros (Peter) (Mt 16:18) versus the Spirit of Revelation, the petras (Mt 16:17), Peter being the "worthless shepherd" of Zech 11:16-17, who would not feed, care, or tend the sheep, to fulfill Scripture of Isaiah 22:15-25, per Matthew 5:17-18, per Zechariah 11:7-17, whereas the LORD through his right arm was to choose two "shepherds"/apostles, to "pasture a flock (Gentile church), doomed for slaughter". The "fall" of the "house" (Gentile church) has waited until the "end of the age" (Mt 13:30), whereas the rain, wind, and floods will wash away it's sandy foundations. The Gentile church rests on the shoulders(power) of the Roman empire whose authority comes from the serpent (Rev 13:4 & Rev 17:3). It is doomed to "fall", and its presence is founded on Rome and her gods.

Colt

Well, I apparently was confused by your diametric opposed intertwined statements whereas Paul's gospel of grace "salvation by faith", is now somehow not the gospel of atonement via "faith", yet you apparently make up a gospel of Jesus "by faith in the Father", whereas Yeshua's message was that one must eat of the "Word of God" (Spirit of Revelation) without the leaven of the Pharisees per the last supper example. Yeshua's "message" was that one was to heed his message (Mt 7:24), as in actually act on what he had to say. The "salvation by faith in the Father" and his prophet, is the message of Islam. If you are a "disciple of Jesus", do you follow his advice and sell all you had and give to the poor and follow me, after first keeping the Commandments (Mt 19:17-21). And what "faith" and what "Father" do you have faith in. Eve had faith in the "serpent's" "message" that she would "surely not die". Are you going to die, and have to eat by the sweat of your brow (Mt 6:33), and why is that, if you have "salvation by faith in the Father"? I don't know, there seems to be holes in your arguments. How are you free of your sins, and walk in disease, when God's chosen people were not free from the consequences of their sins and will not be washed clean until they are in the kingdom, located in the land given to Jacob, and "will walk in My statutes" under the kingship of David (Ez 37:23-25). I think your "faith" is questionable, as is who your "father" is. (1 John 3:8)
Yes, you are very confused in addition to being a dishonest person. Jesus taught the Gospel of the Kingdom for 3+ years before the tragic rejection of that message and cross.

Colt

Your Gentile "church" was built on petros (Peter) (Mt 16:18) versus the Spirit of Revelation, the petras (Mt 16:17), Peter being the "worthless shepherd" of Zech 11:16-17, who would not feed, care, or tend the sheep, to fulfill Scripture of Isaiah 22:15-25, per Matthew 5:17-18, per Zechariah 11:7-17, whereas the LORD through his right arm was to choose two "shepherds"/apostles, to "pasture a flock (Gentile church), doomed for slaughter". The "fall" of the "house" (Gentile church) has waited until the "end of the age" (Mt 13:30), whereas the rain, wind, and floods will wash away it's sandy foundations. The Gentile church rests on the shoulders(power) of the Roman empire whose authority comes from the serpent (Rev 13:4 & Rev 17:3). It is doomed to "fall", and its presence is founded on Rome and her gods.
Theological word salad! The church of scrabble!

2ndpillar

Theological word salad! The church of scrabble!
It is only "scrabble" for those without ears to hear (Mt 13:13-15).

Matthew 13:13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;

Colt

It is only "scrabble" for those without ears to hear (Mt 13:13-15).

Matthew 13:13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
I hear the parables just fine, but you aren’t Jesus! Your custom doctrine reads like a scrabble board. It’s a patchwork of stuff!

2ndpillar

Yes, you are very confused in addition to being a dishonest person. Jesus taught the Gospel of the Kingdom for 3+ years before the tragic rejection of that message and cross.
The unforgivable sin is the rejection of the Spirit of God (Mt 12:32), the Spirit of Revelation, the Word of God, which is the actual "rock" the congregation of God, God's mountain, Mount Zion, is built on (Mt 16:17-19). On the other hand, Gentile church was initially built on Peter and subsequently on Paul, Peter being the "petros" (little stone) whereas the revelation from God (Mt 16:17) being the petra (large foundation stone) (Mt 16:18), the church was to be built on. Revelation was written post your 3 years, and it defines the "day of the LORD", the "furnace of fire", in the parable of Har-Magedon (Rev 16:13-16). The whole of the bible is written around the "kingdom", centered on Jerusalem (Rev 21 & 22), and it certainly has not been established on this earth, per the requirements of Ez 37:22-24 with the timing of Daniel 2:45 & Mt 24:29-31 & Rev 13 & 17, which you apparently reject in a form of your own narrative presented as a gospel of Jesus, based on your interpretation, based on rejection of most of the "message" of the "son of man" (Mt 13:37). Hosea 2 & 3 & Jeremiah 30:11 were written before your 3 years, and it points out the judgment coming for the nations/Gentiles. The kingdom begins with those without good fruits being cut down and thrown into the fire (Mt 7:19) & (Mt 13:30), something you indicated God would never do. Judah's throwing their children into the fire of Bel/Marduk, ended with them being sold into slavery by Babylon. What do you think will happen when your liberal views, enhanced 63 million U.S. babies being aborted and thrown into the furnace as biological waste? No, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, or in the same city, which is why Lot had to leave Sodom. A city with no righteousness, is a city which will have bad consequences. You can claim being grafted into the vine, but your claim to having good fruit is undercut by the results produced by your liberal lawless views. While your views are couched in bifurcation and obfuscation, your liberal lawlessness remains. I don't know, but I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

New American Standard Bible Mt 12:31
“Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

New American Standard Bible Mt 12:32
And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

New American Standard Bible Mt 7:19
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

2ndpillar

I hear the parables just fine, but you aren’t Jesus! Your custom doctrine reads like a scrabble board. It’s a patchwork of stuff!
The quote is with respect to Isaiah 6:9, whereas you hear just fine, but you do not understand. All the prophets point to the kingdom, which is were Jacob will come back into the grace of God, and the foreigners will become their servants/slaves (Isaiah 14:1-2) & (Joel 3:8). As stated in Daniel 12:10, the "wicked" will hear, but will not understand.

YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE; (Isaiah 6:9)

New American Standard Bible Daniel 12:10 Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

2ndpillar

The quote is with respect to Isaiah 6:9, whereas you hear just fine, but you do not understand. All the prophets point to the kingdom, which is were Jacob will come back into the grace of God, and the foreigners will become their servants/slaves (Isaiah 14:1-2) & (Joel 3:8). As stated in Daniel 12:10, the "wicked" will hear, but will not understand.

New American Standard Bible Daniel 12:10 Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

Elihoenai

That's your opinion about sex, it's part of what you believe you must do to enter heaven. Its self-centered fasting!

Man is programed for sex by the creator of the body! It guarantees the perpetuation of the race! It leads man to make something more than an animal out of himself. To bear and nurture children and have family life, this is the crowning glory of the races. God created sex pleasure and is therefore good, not to be used lightly or abused.

More frequent ejaculation helps prevent prostate cancer.

God gave man many ways to enjoy life, food sex, beauty, art, play etc. Ascetics are miserable and self-obsessed by choice.

Jesus taught self-control not self-denial!
The Clarity of your position on Recreational Sex is much appreciated. What you have taught in the paragraphs above is consistent with the Liberal Yeshua/Jesus. I Am on the Conservative Spectrum of Yeshua/Jesus.

Colt

I disagree with your slave owning theology. The Kingdom established by Jesus 2000 years ago is a spiritual fellowship of believers. His parables were straight forward and frankly designed to baffle Pharisee's and other religious fanatics!

2ndpillar

I disagree with your slave owning theology. The Kingdom established by Jesus 2000 years ago is a spiritual fellowship of believers. His parables were straight forward and frankly designed to baffle Pharisee's and other religious fanatics!
The only persons baffled with respect to the "kingdom" were those who considered themselves wise and intelligent (Mt 11:25). The "little children" (1 John 2:27) of God, the "infants", those with the anointing, have no need for any teachers. Daniel 12:10 addressed those who would not "understand" and that would be the "wicked". Yeshua in Mt 13:41-42 & 49 noted that the "wicked", "those who commit lawlessness", would be the ones who would be gathered and thrown into the furnace of fire. As for the survivors of the nations, they will be sold to Judah who will sell them, who enslaved Judah, into slavery with the Sabeans. (Joel 3:5-8) This will happen whether you agree or do not agree. And the kingdom was not established 2000 years ago, and I actually am without a clear understanding of your beliefs, but what can be decerned under your rock, is that I don't know of any of the approximately 38,000 different Christian sects which agree with your somewhat vague belief system. The Roman Catholics may think they rule the physical world by means of a Roman charter, since 381 A.D., but it is actually the "ruler of the world" who rules the earth, and Yeshua said he "has nothing in me". (John 14:30). Peter was given the keys of David to fulfill the Law and the prophets, with respect to Isaiah 22:15-25, which was a prophecy to the failure of Peter and his church.

New American Standard Bible Mt 11:25
At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent, and have revealed them to infants.

1 John 2:27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
28Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.

New American Standard Bible Daniel 12:10
Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

New American Standard Bible Joel 3:8
I will also sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the sons of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, to a distant nation,” for the LORD has spoken.