• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elijah

Muffled

Jesus in me
Luke 22:19

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Yeshua/Jesus Commanded this do in Remembrance of me. In the same way Yeshua/Jesus is Remembered, Elijah is Remembered by John the Baptist. When Christians get Baptised in Water they Remember John the Baptist/Elijah.

What happens when someone is baptised?
I believe we remember what was written not the actual experience.

Colt

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

You have described in Summary the Doctrines of the Universal Roman Catholic Church. You are a member of Elohim's/God's Earthly Universal Church that Elohim/God has given to Rule the Earth.

@cOLTER, The Liberal Jesus that you Follow Rejects Fasting asserting that Fasting is Self-Centred. Practices Recreational Sex, Eats anything he wants, drinks Alcohol, takes Drugs, Smokes and no doubt supports Queers in their so-called struggles for equality. Is this correct? If this is all that you are doing you are Not a Real Liberal Jesus. On the other hand, if your Liberal Christian Religious Practices are Marquis de Sade, Sabbatean-Frankist and Aleister Crowley Practices than your Liberal Jesus is Real.

Those that Follow the Real Liberal Jesus are Inverted Cross Practitioners and members of the Elohim's/God's Earthly Elect:

548px-Peter%27s_Cross.svg.png

Fury Ending Credits
Whatever your religion is it hasn't helped you become an honest person? In so glad that Im free!

Elihoenai

Whatever your religion is it hasn't helped you become an honest person? In so glad that Im free!
You have Not Explicitly told readers what this Freedom/Liberation Consists of. Either you are too Weak and Cowardly to openly declare what this Freedom/Liberation is or you are Not able to do so because the things you do have to be kept Secret

@cOLTER, So far we know that the Liberal Jesus that you Follow Rejects Fasting asserting that Fasting is Self-Centred, Practices Recreational Sex, Eats anything he wants, drinks Alcohol, takes Drugs and Smokes. Also usually the Liberal Jesus supports Queers in their so-called struggles for Equality. Yet these Observances and Beliefs alone is Not the Real Liberal Jesus.

The Real Liberal Jesus is an Inverted Cross Practitioner being Elohim's/Gods Ruling Earthly Elect. Marquis de Sade, Sabbatean-Frankist and Aleister Crowley is the Real Liberal Jesus being Real Libertines. Are you, @cOLTER, a Real Libertine?

Libertine

A libertine is a person devoid of most moral principles, a sense of responsibility, or sexual restraints, which they see as unnecessary or undesirable, and is especially someone who ignores or even spurns accepted morals and forms of behaviour observed by the larger society.[1][2] Libertinism is described as an extreme form of hedonism.[3] Libertines put value on physical pleasures, meaning those experienced through the senses. As a philosophy, libertinism gained new-found adherents in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, particularly in France and Great Britain. Notable among these were John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester, and the Marquis de Sade.

Colt

You have Not Explicitly told readers what this Freedom/Liberation Consists of. Either you are too Weak and Cowardly to openly declare what this Freedom/Liberation is or you are Not able to do so because the things you do have to be kept Secret

@cOLTER, So far we know that the Liberal Jesus that you Follow Rejects Fasting asserting that Fasting is Self-Centred, Practices Recreational Sex, Eats anything he wants, drinks Alcohol, takes Drugs and Smokes. Also usually the Liberal Jesus supports Queers in their so-called struggles for Equality. Yet these Observances and Beliefs alone is Not the Real Liberal Jesus.

The Real Liberal Jesus is an Inverted Cross Practitioner being Elohim's/Gods Ruling Earthly Elect. Marquis de Sade, Sabbatean-Frankist and Aleister Crowley is the Real Liberal Jesus being Real Libertines. Are you, @cOLTER, a Real Libertine?

Libertine

A libertine is a person devoid of most moral principles, a sense of responsibility, or sexual restraints, which they see as unnecessary or undesirable, and is especially someone who ignores or even spurns accepted morals and forms of behaviour observed by the larger society.[1][2] Libertinism is described as an extreme form of hedonism.[3] Libertines put value on physical pleasures, meaning those experienced through the senses. As a philosophy, libertinism gained new-found adherents in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, particularly in France and Great Britain. Notable among these were John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester, and the Marquis de Sade.

Again, you misrepresented me. Clearly your life as an ascetic doesn't require you to be honest.

You are busy trying to earn salvation by doing your own will when salvation is already available as a free gift which comes in the realization of sonship with God through faith. You are a child of God who loves you already!

The bondage of self, the yoke of religion verses the Liberty of spiritual freedom before God.

Matthew 11:28–30

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Again, you misrepresented me. Clearly your life as an ascetic doesn't require you to be honest.

You are busy trying to earn salvation by doing your own will when salvation is already available as a free gift which comes in the realization of sonship with God through faith. You are a child of God who loves you already!

The bondage of self, the yoke of religion verses the Liberty of spiritual freedom before God.

Matthew 11:28–30

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
There are two fathers, one is either born of God, or born of the devil (1 John 3:8-9). The "message" of the "devil"/"serpent" is that "you surely shall not die" (Gen 3:4) or in the case of is favorite son, Paul, "we shall not all sleep/die". The "faith" in both messages turned out to be "not true", and leading to death. Well, there might be a "spiritual freedom" in death, but it apparently has its shortcomings. As for Matthew 11:28-30, it is with respect to the understanding of his message, which he said that he was happy that none of the so called "wise" & "intelligent" will comprehend (Mt 11:25). Those finding "His kingdom" will have a lightened burden, for they will be given "all these things", once they have entered "His kingdom", such as what we "eat", "drink", or what to "clothe" oneself with (Mt 6:33).

Colt

There are two fathers, one is either born of God, or born of the devil (1 John 3:8-9). The "message" of the "devil"/"serpent" is that "you surely shall not die" (Gen 3:4) or in the case of is favorite son, Paul, "we shall not all sleep/die". The "faith" in both messages turned out to be "not true", and leading to death. Well, there might be a "spiritual freedom" in death, but it apparently has its shortcomings. As for Matthew 11:28-30, it is with respect to the understanding of his message, which he said that he was happy that none of the so called "wise" & "intelligent" will comprehend (Mt 11:25). Those finding "His kingdom" will have a lightened burden, for they will be given "all these things", once they have entered "His kingdom", such as what we "eat", "drink", or what to "clothe" oneself with (Mt 6:33).
No, there is only One God. The delusion of the devil was the idea in his own mind that he could ever be a God. We are all children of the one God weather we realize that or not.

Death or translation is normal for humans, else the world would be quite crowded. Death came to Adam and Eve (on a world that was already populated) due specifically for their knowing disobedience. They lost their immortality status which only they had.

2ndpillar

No, there is only One God. The delusion of the devil was the idea in his own mind that he could ever be a God. We are all children of the one God weather we realize that or not.

Death or translation is normal for humans, else the world would be quite crowded. Death came to Adam and Eve (on a world that was already populated) due specifically for their knowing disobedience. They lost their immortality status which only they had.
There are "other gods" which the LORD God said you should not have before me (1st Commandment). And there is more than one father, the righteous have God as their father, and the "wicked"/sinners, have the devil as their father (1 John 3:8-9). As for your "false prophet", Paul (Mt 7:15), he states that "we shall not all sleep/die", yet he and "we" all slept, as well as his other followers. They will all "sleep"/die per the Word of God, per Jeremiah 31:30, which makes Paul a "false prophet", and his followers all being on the broad road to "destruction" (Mt 7:13).

1 John 3:8-11 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Colt

There are "other gods" which the LORD God said you should not have before me (1st Commandment). And there is more than one father, the righteous have God as their father, and the "wicked"/sinners, have the devil as their father (1 John 3:8-9). As for your "false prophet", Paul (Mt 7:15), he states that "we shall not all sleep/die", yet he and "we" all slept, as well as his other followers. They will all "sleep"/die per the Word of God, per Jeremiah 31:30, which makes Paul a "false prophet", and his followers all being on the broad road to "destruction" (Mt 7:13).

1 John 3:8-11 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
I see, so you don't believe that there is only one God but many Gods? You believe Satan is a separate God and a creator?

The reason that God commands allegiance to himself is becuse the other so-called Gods are not real!

2ndpillar

I see, so you don't believe that there is only one God but many Gods? You believe Satan is a separate God and a creator?

The reason that God commands allegiance to himself is becuse the other so-called Gods are not real!
There is one God who demands that "thou shalt have no other gods before me". Apparently, the "devil"/"dragon"/"serpent" is a creator of your false narrative, as in the "devil" being the planter of the tare deed ("message" of the "enemy"/devil) (Mt 13:25), which was planted along side of the "message" of the "son of man" (Mt 13:25-38). The other gods, such as the "devil"/"dragon", of which the Gentile church worships in the form of the sun god Sol Invictus, apparently do exist, as their demon spirits will bring about Har-Magedon, per Revelation 16:13-16).

Revelation 16: 13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. 15(“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”) 16And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.

Colt

There is one God who demands that "thou shalt have no other gods before me". Apparently, the "devil"/"dragon"/"serpent" is a creator of your false narrative, as in the "devil" being the planter of the tare deed ("message" of the "enemy"/devil) (Mt 13:25), which was planted along side of the "message" of the "son of man" (Mt 13:25-38). The other gods, such as the "devil"/"dragon", of which the Gentile church worships in the form of the sun god Sol Invictus, apparently do exist, as their demon spirits will bring about Har-Magedon, per Revelation 16:13-16).

Revelation 16: 13 And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; 14for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. 15(“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.”) 16And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon.
You didn't answer the question for obvious reasons. Your "false narrative" is that Satan is A God and there are Other God's and one needs to choose the "right God" among many.

Certainly people can in effect worship things that are not actual Gods such as wealth, fame and power etc.

2ndpillar

You didn't answer the question for obvious reasons. Your "false narrative" is that Satan is A God and there are Other God's and one needs to choose the "right God" among many.

Certainly people can in effect worship things that are not actual Gods such as wealth, fame and power etc.
Your worship of mammon is a worship of a false god, whereas your worship of Sol Invictus/"dragon" would be worship of an "other god". Apparently, the "many" of Matthew 7:13-15, have chosen the wrong gods, the princes of Persia and Greece (Daniel 10:20), and eventually the prince/beast of Rome, along with Rome's "false prophet", Paul. The LORD God is the Lord of Israel, who" brought you out of the land of Egypt".

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 KJV)

1 “I am the LORD your God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me.

2ndpillar

I don't worship mammon. Your legalistic religious musings are misinforming you.
Sorry, I thought you wearing Joe Biden type aviation glasses put you into a class of being a possessor of high-end trinkets. There is nothing "legalistic" about quoting the Scriptures to show the broad path of error of following "false prophets" that you are proceeding down (Matthew 7:13-15). You are free to hold onto the false prophet Paul, who calls on his Lord Caesar, to get him out of his trouble in Jerusalem, keeping in mind that the Caesar/beast of that time, was considered a god, whose authority came from the "dragon"/"devil" (Revelation 13:4). Not that you have eyes to see or ears to hear, but it might be helpful to others for me to note what Yeshua said about the matter.

Revelation 13:4 So the dragon who gave authey worshipedthority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Malachi 4:5-6 reports,

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

What does it mean that Eliyahu will return? Many Christians believe John the Baptist was him, but only symbolically as reincarnation is disallowed by NT theology. What do Jews believe? What do you think this means? I would recommend reading the whole book of Malachi as it's not long at all and would give a full context.
So what does Malachi mean when it claims (supposedly many centuries later) that Elijah will return? First of all a true prophet will appear. Secondly that prophet will bring unity. Malachi is primarily a protest against corrupt leadership which appears after the return from Babylon. It is a short and easy read, and you can see that Malachi is very upset about some very understandable complaints. The leadership are causing women to be tricked into slavery through deceitful marriage arrangements. There are many evil deeds being performed. Malachi also complains about false prophets who can be bought to praise evil people.

Elijah is a true prophet. There is a 'True prophet' and a false prophet situation. The true prophets risk their lives to bring the nation back together. Even though they fail, and even though Elijah fails they nevertheless are doing the right thing. They try. Malachi's Elijah will not merely try but will succeed. His desire for an Elijah is fitting for the time in which he lives when the Jews of Babylon are trying to reestablish themselves in their original lands and are dealing with the strange situation of finding themselves aliens and surrounded by enemies both without and within.

Elijah first appears in Kings (or in Christian bibles in I Kings). The Israelite tribes have been divided but have not yet been exiled anywhere. There remains hope that the division can be repaired, but it is a doomed hope. The nation of Israel has recently been divided into two, a northern and a southern kingdom. One king is legitimate and the other is illegitimate, according to the temple. Elijah protests against the illegitimate king (Ahab) but mostly ignores the legitimate king. I Kings lists various wrongs committed by Ahab as well as the evil that his wife (Jezebel) prompts him to do. When reading the text it criticizes the idolatry of Ahab and Jezebel but is not very descriptive of exactly what they are doing that is idolatrous, however we are already told that they have a false copy of the temple and false priests. This is what Elijah is protesting against: specifically the division of Israel into two. Of the various prophets protesting against Ahab, most of them are killed by Ahab's political faction; and the rest live in hiding. Both Ahab and the king of Judah die and are replaced, but Elijah and the prophets continue to protest the division and the illegitimate leadership and temple. Elijah, like most prophets, is also under threat and hides most of the time. The prophets tend to live in caves or by other secret means. We are not told specifically what they do, but it can be interpolated that they agitate the population against the political division and the illegitimate leadership.

Towards the end of I Kings we see that the king of the legitimate nation of Judah is trying to cooperate with the illigitmate king of Israel, to aid each other in matters of defense. Nevertheless prophets keep popping up to criticize the illegitimate king. For example "The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat, 'There is still one prophet through whom we can inquire of the LORD, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad.'" (I Kings 22:8)

So Malachi is hoping for someone like Elijah to appear, someone who will speak truth to power and who will unite the Jews as well.

Colt

Sorry, I thought you wearing Joe Biden type aviation glasses put you into a class of being a possessor of high-end trinkets. There is nothing "legalistic" about quoting the Scriptures to show the broad path of error of following "false prophets" that you are proceeding down (Matthew 7:13-15). You are free to hold onto the false prophet Paul, who calls on his Lord Caesar, to get him out of his trouble in Jerusalem, keeping in mind that the Caesar/beast of that time, was considered a god, whose authority came from the "dragon"/"devil" (Revelation 13:4). Not that you have eyes to see or ears to hear, but it might be helpful to others for me to note what Yeshua said about the matter.

Revelation 13:4 So the dragon who gave authey worshipedthority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
Well you do condescending rants really well but have yet to explain what you are talking about.

2ndpillar

If you understand my “position” then explain it?
You are a shill for the false gospel of grace/lawlessness, in which I therefore must be called a "legalist" in order for your position of falling in line with the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine, and his subsequent Gentile Roman Church, for your position to seem tenable, which it is not. You have no real foundation, other than the "message" of lawlessness, of the false prophet Paul, the son of the "enemy"/"devil", and to throw stones at others, whose message is founded on the "message" of the "son of man", the actual Word of God. The "tare" seed was planted right next to the "good seed" in the same "field", which is your NT. (Mt 13:25) Good luck with that. (Mt 13:37-39)

King James Bible Matthew 13:25
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Matthew 13:3
7 And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43“Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Colt

You are a shill for the false gospel of grace/lawlessness, in which I therefore must be called a "legalist" in order for your position of falling in line with the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine, and his subsequent Gentile Roman Church, for your position to seem tenable, which it is not. You have no real foundation, other than the "message" of lawlessness, of the false prophet Paul, the son of the "enemy"/"devil", and to throw stones at others, whose message is founded on the "message" of the "son of man", the actual Word of God. The "tare" seed was planted right next to the "good seed" in the same "field", which is your NT. (Mt 13:25) Good luck with that. (Mt 13:37-39)

King James Bible Matthew 13:25
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Matthew 13:3
7 And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43“Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
I never said one measured word about Paul, his personal gospel or the law. You have a chip on your shoulder, a sanctimonious reactionary looking for someone to react to.

2ndpillar

I never said one measured word about Paul, his personal gospel or the law. You have a chip on your shoulder, a sanctimonious reactionary looking for someone to react to.
Your message is the message of Paul, that you are not under the legal restrictions of the Law. Well, that is how most Progressives feel, and the results are shown in the Progressive/Marxist cities, whereas the laws are for thee and not me.
Know yourself. Calling someone a legalist, is to say you have chained yourself to Paul's false gospel of lawlessness/cross/grace. You don't have to identify as a Catholic, or Protestant to follow Paul, but anyone who follows Paul's gospel of grace, whether they are Catholic, who claim to follow the "worthless shepherd" Peter (Zechariah 11:17), also claim the message of Paul as being the message of God and follow the "broad" "path" to "destruction", which is his false gospel of the cross. To say you didn't mention Paul's name is disingenuous. I referred to Paul's message, not to Paul in specific. By claiming others are legalistic, is to jump on Paul's bandwagon. Peter and Paul, are the two "shepherds" taken to "pasture the flock (Gentile church) doomed for slaughter" (Zech 11:7). Whether you belong to a church or not, if you claim others are legalistic, you are pushing Paul's agenda, because that is his message.