• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elijah

Colt

Malachi 4:5-6 reports,

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

What does it mean that Eliyahu will return? Many Christians believe John the Baptist was him, but only symbolically as reincarnation is disallowed by NT theology. What do Jews believe? What do you think this means? I would recommend reading the whole book of Malachi as it's not long at all and would give a full context.
IMOP the expectation was that Elijah was to literally return. He did not!

* John wasn't really Elijah.
* Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah, at least not of their expectations.

The title that Jesus used was "son of man" not Messiah.

2ndpillar

GINOLJC, to all,
here is your problem, "THE SON OF MAN IS GOD, SHARED/DIVERSIFIED IN FLESH". ........ (smile)...... o_O YIKES!

101G
Except that the "son of man" sits at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1), and doesn't know the date of the "day of the LORD", for only the "Father" knows. I think you are clawing up a glass wall. It ain't going to work. But you might as well hold on to your illusion with the "many" traveling down the wide road to "destruction" (Mt 7:13).

Redemptionsong

who told U that?

now look up the word overshadow

prove that ERROR.

prove that lie.

Another ERROR on your part. are you really listing.... and EVEN UNDERSTABDING? ............ even to yourself? if May is a surrogate then she is only the BIRTH MOTHER, and not the biological mother..... My God how hard is that to understand? the RIGHT to the throne is in BIRTH, and not done by blood test to see if you're the biological heir. Mary only gave
BIRTH to a CHILD, who by their genealogies, (not his), provided a LEGAL way to the throne of David.

my God how hard is it to understand?

God don't have a bloodline..... ok. he is the BEGINNING of every bloodlines, and he is the END of every bloodlines.

did you not hear, when the Lord Jesus rose, did he have any Blood? if so please post the scripture. that will end any bloodline NONESENSE.

and get this he has no blood and he will sit on David throne. now are U will to take a blood test kit into eternity? ... (smile).. Oh dear.

101G
now if you have proof of either Joseph or Mary being the biological parents of the Christ, please put it on the table for discussion.
It's true that God does not have a birth line, but His 'Christ' does! In other words, Jesus does have a birth line, and it can be traced to David, through Nathan [Luke 3:31].

Jesus Christ is the one mediator, not just between the Old Testament and the New, but between God and men.

1Timothy 2:5. 'For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;'

God only becomes our 'lmmanuel' when He dwells with mankind, by taking on flesh. He does this by making Himself a human vessel in which to dwell. Jesus is that blood and flesh vessel, and without being blood and flesh Christ cannot atone for the sin of mankind.

In 1 Peter 1:2, it says, 'unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ'. So, we know that the Christ was a man, and that his blood had to be shed to atone for the sin of mankind.

The genealogy provided by Luke is the genealogy of Mary, and it gives Jesus' natural (biological) line. And, since Jesus is the Christ, how can you argue that Christ has no biology?

101G

Except that the "son of man" sits at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1), and doesn't know the date of the "day of the LORD", for only the "Father" knows. I think you are clawing up a glass wall. It ain't going to work. But you might as well hold on to your illusion with the "many" traveling down the wide road to "destruction" (Mt 7:13).
nope, 101G will give you the short answer, "the answer is in the "will" of God", who the Lord Jesus is. now as short as I can put it. not knowing is an act of the will. as here the Lord Jesus return date. scripture, Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals." Revelation 5:2 "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?" a seal book means not KOWN.

now as 101G said, the "will" not to know, Matthew 6:3. listen, "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". question, how can one do something themselves without knowing about it. your right hand, and left hand is a part of you. the answer, because you "will" it not to be known. now let's see this in action with God.
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more". see that? "and I (will) remember their sin no more". HOLD IT, how can almighty, all knowing God not remember? Answer, it's an act of the will. he wills "not" to remember. just as he said in Matthew 6:3b "let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth", "let" is an act of the will. so how do all of this relates to our Lord's not knowing his return date. answer, again, Revelation chapter 5. our Lord, Jesus is sitting on the throne. what happens? the Spirit, (the Father, the Holy Ghost), comes and takes the book out of his hand, right, question, which hand did he take the book out of?, the right hand. Remember Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". by the Father, (the Holy Spirit), taking the book out of his "RIGHT" hand he, the Lord Jesus, wills not to KNOW his return DATE. because the book contains all the information of what's to come. so, only the Father, (the Holy Spirit), knows because the father took the book out of his "RIGHT" .... hand. by our Lord being in flesh and bone, and as mediator, he fulfills the DAVIDIC PROPHECY, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". The until is written in the book that was in the Lord's right hand, with the seals unbroken. So the Lord Jesus statement is true, no one knows only he who took the book, and that’s the FATHER. and it is the Father/Holy Spirit who is now on earth, making his enemy his footstool.
Another mystery cleared up, by knowing the will of God in an ECHAD of himself, or what 101G calls the diversity of God.

hope that answers your question.

101G.

2ndpillar

nope, 101G will give you the short answer, "the answer is in the "will" of God", who the Lord Jesus is. now as short as I can put it. not knowing is an act of the will. as here the Lord Jesus return date. scripture, Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals." Revelation 5:2 "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?" a seal book means not KOWN.

now as 101G said, the "will" not to know, Matthew 6:3. listen, "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". question, how can one do something themselves without knowing about it. your right hand, and left hand is a part of you. the answer, because you "will" it not to be known. now let's see this in action with God.
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more". see that? "and I (will) remember their sin no more". HOLD IT, how can almighty, all knowing God not remember? Answer, it's an act of the will. he wills "not" to remember. just as he said in Matthew 6:3b "let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth", "let" is an act of the will. so how do all of this relates to our Lord's not knowing his return date. answer, again, Revelation chapter 5. our Lord, Jesus is sitting on the throne. what happens? the Spirit, (the Father, the Holy Ghost), comes and takes the book out of his hand, right, question, which hand did he take the book out of?, the right hand. Remember Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth". by the Father, (the Holy Spirit), taking the book out of his "RIGHT" hand he, the Lord Jesus, wills not to KNOW his return DATE. because the book contains all the information of what's to come. so, only the Father, (the Holy Spirit), knows because the father took the book out of his "RIGHT" .... hand. by our Lord being in flesh and bone, and as mediator, he fulfills the DAVIDIC PROPHECY, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool". The until is written in the book that was in the Lord's right hand, with the seals unbroken. So the Lord Jesus statement is true, no one knows only he who took the book, and that’s the FATHER. and it is the Father/Holy Spirit who is now on earth, making his enemy his footstool.
Another mystery cleared up, by knowing the will of God in an ECHAD of himself, or what 101G calls the diversity of God.

hope that answers your question.

101G.
Yeshua told his disciples he would rise/return on the 3rd day, the 3rd millennium, in line with Hosea 6:2. He knew that after "two days"(2 millennium) he would return. He simply didn't know the day or the hour. Everything hidden shall be revealed (Mt 10:26). Yeshua spoke in parables so that those without eyes to see could not see (Mt 13:13). Per Daniel 12:10 & Mt 13:41, those without "understanding", without eyes to see, are the "wicked"/"lawless", the followers of the false prophet Paul's gospel of the cross/lawlessness. The hidden will be revealed, but apparently the blind shall remain seekers of darkness and not light. (John 3:21)

King James Bible Mt 17:23
And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

New American Standard Bible Hosea 6:f2
“He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.

New King James Version Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

New American Standard Bible (John 3:20-21)
20 Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed
But the one who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds will be revealed as having been performed in God.”

101G

Yeshua told his disciples he would rise/return on the 3rd day, the 3rd millennium, in line with Hosea 6:2. He knew that after "two days"(2 millennium) he would return. He simply didn't know the day or the hour. Everything hidden shall be revealed (Mt 10:26). Yeshua spoke in parables so that those without eyes to see could not see (Mt 13:13). Per Daniel 12:10 & Mt 13:41, those without "understanding", without eyes to see, are the "wicked"/"lawless", the followers of the false prophet Paul's gospel of the cross/lawlessness. The hidden will be revealed, but apparently the blind shall remain seekers of darkness and not light. (John 3:21)

King James Bible Mt 17:23
And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

New American Standard Bible Hosea 6:f2
“He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.

New King James Version Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

New American Standard Bible (John 3:20-21)
20 Everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come into the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed
But the one who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds will be revealed as having been performed in God.”
his resurrection date, has nothing to do with his final return date as to KNOWING. now as for his return, the first one is complete, it happen on the day of Pentecost. his final return, (in flesh and bone) is yet to happen.

"Hosea 6:2", and? the Lord Jesus, according to a Godly timetable, been gone only for a couple of days. 2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

101G

2ndpillar

his resurrection date, has nothing to do with his final return date as to KNOWING. now as for his return, the first one is complete, it happen on the day of Pentecost. his final return, (in flesh and bone) is yet to happen.

"Hosea 6:2", and? the Lord Jesus, according to a Godly timetable, been gone only for a couple of days. 2 Peter 3:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

101G
Your "resurrection" date would be after three days and three nights in the earth, not on the 3rd day with regard to Hosea 6:2, at which time will be his return. And the Spirit of God, is not the same as the son of man, who is only anointed with the Spirit of God, as all those who are anointed need no one to teach them (1 John 2:27). Your Gentile church has "Christ" rising the before the dawn of the 1st day of the week (Mt 28:10), which as the Jewish day dawns on the previous evening, that would be the 7th day after his supposed Friday last supper which happens on the 6th day of the week. That leaves no room for 3 days and 3 nights. In fact, the Preparation day was the 14th of Nissan, as was this year of 2023, on a Wednesday, and the next day, the 15th of Nissan, would be the high holy Sabbath of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and from the time of the crucifixion, on the 14th, on a Wednesday, until the dawn of the 1st day of the week (Mt 28:1), on the Sabbath, the 7th day of the week, prior to the dawning of the 1st day of the week was 3 days and 3 nights. There is nothing accurate with regard to your Gentile church's nomenclature or correlation with Scripture. Your whole "covenant with death", is an enterprise built on "falsehoods" and "deception" (Isaiah 28:15). The "angels" of the "LORD" are coming, and they are not looking for excuses (Mt 13:30).

Matt. 12:40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth​

Isaiah 28:15-18 New King James Version 15 Because you have said, “We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.” Isaiah 28:19, "your pact with Sheol will not stand"

2ndpillar

a birthline is not a blood genealogy.

101G
A birth line is a line of births, which happens with respect to blood and fluids. Your birth line is routed through your parents. As for the spiritual, your father is either the "devil" or "God" 1 John 3:8-9.

1 John 3:8 the one who practices sin (transgresses the law) is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

101G

And the Spirit of God, is not the same as the son of man,
your first ERROR of the DAY, scripture Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

is not Christ the Son of Man? YES, now if this is not the same one person, then you have two "Spirit", note the capitalization of both "Spirit". or you have two Gods, for God is "a" Spirit, meaning "ONE" Spirit. your answer please.

101G.

101G

A birth line is a line of births, which happens with respect to blood and fluids.
another ERROR of the DAY, if a surrogate give birth do the child have the same bloodline as the surrogate? ...... no, not in the Lord Jesus case,,,,,

101G.

101G

As for the spiritual, your father is either the "devil" or "God" 1 John 3:8-9.
another ERROR of the Day on your part. all spirits come from God, and when one die, returns to God who gave it in the first place. 1 John 3:8-9 is speaking of those who manifest a certain character or characteristics. a son of God ACTS, let 101G say it again, "ACTS" like God. those of the DEVIL "ACT" like the devil. scripture, Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

here "vipers" is a type of serpent, which the devil represent spiritually. so why did John the Baptist call them snakes? because of their character or characteristics.

this is basic bible study, you should have known this,

101G.

2ndpillar

another ERROR of the Day on your part. all spirits come from God, and when one die, returns to God who gave it in the first place. 1 John 3:8-9 is speaking of those who manifest a certain character or characteristics. a son of God ACTS, let 101G say it again, "ACTS" like God. those of the DEVIL "ACT" like the devil. scripture, Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

here "vipers" is a type of serpent, which the devil represent spiritually. so why did John the Baptist call them snakes? because of their character or characteristics.

this is basic bible study, you should have known this,

101G.
The "devil" is a son of God (Genesis 6:2), and the "devil's" children are of the devil, because they practice sin (1 John 3:8), being led by the demon spirits produced by the sons of God. The demon spirit of the false prophet and the beast (Rev 20:10) will proceed to the "lake of fire, forever and ever".

1 John 3:8 “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” King James Version (KJV)

Last edited:

2ndpillar

another ERROR of the DAY, if a surrogate give birth do the child have the same bloodline as the surrogate? ...... no, not in the Lord Jesus case,,,,,

101G.
There is no "surrogate". There is a wife who gave birth to a child with her bloodline, but the genealogy of Mt 1, was with respect to Joseph the supposed father and "husband" of Mary, whose blood line would not have been that of the child. The genealogy of Luke 3 was with respect to "Jesus", "supposedly the son of Joseph". You "supposedly" have two different genealogies, and they both go through "Joseph", the husband of Mary, and the "supposed" father of "Jesus". Your ranting does not change what is written.

2ndpillar

your first ERROR of the DAY, scripture Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

is not Christ the Son of Man? YES, now if this is not the same one person, then you have two "Spirit", note the capitalization of both "Spirit". or you have two Gods, for God is "a" Spirit, meaning "ONE" Spirit. your answer please.

101G.
The Spirit of God is the breath of life, which is given to all men. All men are sons of man, and what makes a son of man, a son of God, is that he does the will of God. As for Romans 8:9, written by the false prophet Paul, Paul also writes in Romans 7:20, that "I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me". Paul is a son of the devil as he does the will of the devil, sin, according to Paul.

101G

The "devil" is a son of God (Genesis 6:2)
GINOLJC, to all.
who told U that LIE? Genesis 6:2 refer to the children that Adam and EVE had in the Garden before being kicked out.
and the "devil's" children are of the devil, because they practice sin (1 John 3:8)
101G said that already. it's a characteristics trait, are you reading my posts?
1 John 3:8 “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” King James Version (KJV)
that's why one REPENTS. my God this is too easy.

101G

2ndpillar

GINOLJC, to all.
who told U that LIE? Genesis 6:2 refer to the children that Adam and EVE had in the Garden before being kicked out.
You are confusing Genesis 6:1 with Genesis 6:2. The sons of God were the heavenly watchers who took daughters of man to produce the "men of renown" (Genesis 6:4), in which produced the demon spirits according to the Book of Enoch, or in affect produce the demons which are to bring about the upcoming "Har-Magedon" (Rev 16:13-16), the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32), the "day of distress" (Jeremiah 16:19 & 30;7-11), the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:30).

Genesis 6:2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

2ndpillar

101G said that already. it's a characteristics trait, are you reading my posts?
Your Gentile church is built on the "message" of the false prophet Paul, who claims to be the "foremost sinner" whose actions are dictated by the "sin" which indwells within himself (Romans 7:20), and his followers declare themselves not as repented sinners, but as "sinners", and assume from the writing of the associates of the false prophet Paul, that the law has been made obsolete, therefore there is no sin to be had, or to transgress. Your Orwellian world of good is bad, light is darkness, has led you down into the rabbit hole of the world of Oz. Apart from your indoctrinations, you have no foundation, and your shallow rants only scrape a larger hole for you to fall into.

New American Standard Bible (Romans 7:20)
But if I do the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin that dwells in me.