• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elijah

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Malachi 4:5-6 reports,

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

What does it mean that Eliyahu will return? Many Christians believe John the Baptist was him, but only symbolically as reincarnation is disallowed by NT theology. What do Jews believe? What do you think this means? I would recommend reading the whole book of Malachi as it's not long at all and would give a full context.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Jews traditionally under that verse as saying that it will be Eliyahu himself who will return. This is attested by hundreds if not thousands of later sources. That said, I think I once saw a more modern Jewish interpretation that it will be a different prophet with the same name.

101G

Addressing the OP only, Elijah has already come..... supportive scripture, The transfiguration of Christ, read Matthews chapter 17. this is where Moses and Elijah "appeared" unto our Lord Jesus the Christ. and coming down from the Mountain, the Lord Jesus disciples asked him a question, LISTEN CAREFULLY. Matthew 17:10 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?" Matthew 17:11 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things." Matthew 17:12 "But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them." Matthew 17:13 "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."

John the Baptist is the Elijah, who has already come. he, John, is one of the two witness mention in Revelation 11.

now, listen to the Lord Jesus WHO CANNOT LIE, his testimony of John. supportive scripture, Matthew 11:7 "And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?" Matthew 11:8 "But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses." Matthew 11:9 "But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet." Matthew 11:10 "For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee." Matthew 11:11 "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." Matthew 11:13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John." Matthew 11:14 "And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come." Matthew 11:15 "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

this is why his disciple understood, in Matthews 17, coming down from the mountain, that this Elias/Elijah is John the Baptist.

now, let's see it plainly. The conception of John the Baptist. Luke 1:5 "There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth." Luke 1:6 "And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." Luke 1:7 "And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years." Luke 1:8 "And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course," Luke 1:9 "According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord." Luke 1:10 "And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense." Luke 1:11 "And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense." Luke 1:12 "And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him." Luke 1:13 "But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John." Luke 1:14 "And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth." Luke 1:15 "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." Luke 1:16 "And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God." Luke 1:17 "And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." (READ THAT VERSE AGAIN). Luke 1:18 "And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years." Luke 1:19 "And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings."

John the Baptist was in the spirit and power of Elias WHICH WAS TO COME. so if anyone is still waiting for the flesh and blood man, the prophet Elijah, you will be waiting a very long time. HE HAS ALREADY COME. as the Lord Jesus said, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

the Lord Jesus, God himself told us and his angel Gabriel has told us that Elijah has already come in spirit and power.

101G.

Reactions: DNB

Elihoenai

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.

What does it mean that Eliyahu will return? Many Christians believe John the Baptist was him, but only symbolically as reincarnation is disallowed by NT theology. What do Jews believe? What do you think this means? I would recommend reading the whole book of Malachi as it's not long at all and would give a full context.
Matthew 11:13-14

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

In Christendom John the Baptist is Elijah Practising the First Covenant/Old Covenant Water Baptism.

John the Baptist is Elijah. Water Baptism is for the Earthly Ministry.

What happens when someone is baptised?

2ndpillar

Matthew 11:13-14

13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

In Christendom John the Baptist is Elijah Practising the First Covenant/Old Covenant Water Baptism.

John the Baptist is Elijah. Water Baptism is for the Earthly Ministry.

What happens when someone is baptised?
The cleansing with water (baptism), and the giving of a new heart and spirit, come with the new kingdom of God, whereas King David will rule on the land given to Jacob, and Israel will walk in My statutes, forever. (Ez 37:22-24) & (Ez 36:25-26). None of that has happened as of 2:20 P.M. as of today.

24“For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land. 25“Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27“I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. 28“You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God.

101G

The cleansing with water (baptism), and the giving of a new heart and spirit, come with the new kingdom of God, whereas King David will rule on the land given to Jacob, and Israel will walk in My statutes, forever. (Ez 37:22-24) & (Ez 36:25-26). None of that has happened as of 2:20 P.M. as of today.
ERROR, God will sit on David throne, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne."

and the FRUIT of David body is Mary. it is the Messiah, God himself in Flesh that will sit on David Throne.

101G.

2ndpillar

ERROR, God will sit on David throne, Psalms 132:11 "The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne."

and the FRUIT of David body is Mary. it is the Messiah, God himself in Flesh that will sit on David Throne.

101G.
Woah there buddy. I don't think Mary is setting on any throne except through the nightmares of the Pope, who supposedly whisked her to heaven via his beggarly Ex cathedra. It is the Lord of David, his seed, the "fruit of his body", who sits at the right hand of the LORD, "until I make thine enemies a footstool for thy feet" (Psalms 110). And it is David who will be set as the sole shepherd by the LORD, and prince of his people, after the LORD judges between the sheep (Ez 34:22-24). Messiah simply means "anointed", and is regard to all the judges, prophets and kings of Israel. It is the LORD who brings the nations against Jerusalem to fulfill prophecy at the end of the age (Zech 14), and after subduing the Lord's enemies, David will be set up as "king" (Ez 37:24) and "one shepherd", at which time, "Israel" will be "My sanctuary, in their midst forever". (Ez 37:28). Do you guys have jam sessions where you make all this stuff up.

messiah, (from Hebrew mashiaḥ, “anointed”), in Judaism, the expected king of the Davidic line who would deliver Israel from foreign bondage and restore the glories of its golden age.

Elihoenai

2 Kings 1:8

8 And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.

Matthew 3:4

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

Elijah/John the Baptist has Same Clothing and a Belt around the loins. Remember that one of the Twins Esau is a Hairy Man.

101G

Woah there buddy. I don't think Mary is setting on any throne except through the nightmares of the Pope, who supposedly whisked her to heaven via his beggarly Ex cathedra. It is the Lord of David, his seed, the "fruit of his body", who sits at the right hand of the LORD, "until I make thine enemies a footstool for thy feet" (Psalms 110). And it is David who will be set as the sole shepherd by the LORD, and prince of his people, after the LORD judges between the sheep (Ez 34:22-24). Messiah simply means "anointed", and is regard to all the judges, prophets and kings of Israel. It is the LORD who brings the nations against Jerusalem to fulfill prophecy at the end of the age (Zech 14), and after subduing the Lord's enemies, David will be set up as "king" (Ez 37:24) and "one shepherd", at which time, "Israel" will be "My sanctuary, in their midst forever". (Ez 37:28). Do you guys have jam sessions where you make all this stuff up.

messiah, (from Hebrew mashiaḥ, “anointed”), in Judaism, the expected king of the Davidic line who would deliver Israel from foreign bondage and restore the glories of its golden age.
GINOLJC., to aall.
Mary is the fruit of David body that bore the messiah into this world. you didn't either read or understand my post. the messiah is the King to come, per Genesis 49:10, Shiloh. he God, in GLORIFIED flesh, will sit on David throne. and it is HE who will Judge. and he is the only shepherd of the people.

now, where you and Many, not all Jews ERROR at is the deliverance from bondage. the question is WHAT KIND of BONDAGE he was to deliver the people from? answer. Isaiah 45:17 "But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end." not a temporary deliverance, but a ETERNAL one. Jacob said, Genesis 49:18 "I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD." Jacob WATIED? let's see, Psalms 14:7 "Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad." WHEN? Romans 11:26 "And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" Romans 11:27 "For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." the NEW COVENANT,

Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:" Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:" Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." the FORGIVNESS of Sin? Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

My God this is crystal Clear. the BINDING Covenant that Jacob spoke of in Genesis 49:10 is a covenant "WITHOUT" sin, God will REMEMBER our sins no more, WHY? for our sins are "FORGIVEN" because of Shiloh dying on the cross for our SINS that are PAST, and Resurrected/Rosed, from the DEAD for our JUSTIFICATION. of sins in the Future, which fulfils the BINDING Contract for past, present, and future sons. supportive scripture, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." Romans 14:10 "But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." Where is that written? Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." whom is this God? Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
under the EARTH is the Dead.

So, messiah, Shiloh, GOD in flesh, (Isaiah 53), came and SAVE his People from Sin, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." HIS people are Jews as well as Gentiles, scriptures, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

the NEW BINDING COVENANT, (which was Made at the Cross), is for who soever call on the name of the "Lord" shall be SAVED..... from SIN, which is an EVERLASTING SALVATION.

and to show God's Righteousness in this Covenant of GRACE, he has POURED OUT HIS "SPIRIT" on us as a token of "FAITH".

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." BINGO, this is too easy not to understand.

the messiah, Shiloh, mission was to SAVE his people from their SINS, not from Physical Bondage of the Romans or anyone else.

101G.

2ndpillar

GINOLJC., to aall.
Mary is the fruit of David body that bore the messiah into this world. you didn't either read or understand my post. the messiah is the King to come, per Genesis 49:10, Shiloh. he God, in GLORIFIED flesh, will sit on David throne. and it is HE who will Judge. and he is the only shepherd of the people.

now, where you and Many, not all Jews ERROR at is the deliverance from bondage. the question is WHAT KIND of BONDAGE he was to deliver the people from? answer. Isaiah 45:17 "But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end." not a temporary deliverance, but a ETERNAL one. Jacob said, Genesis 49:18 "I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD." Jacob WATIED? let's see, Psalms 14:7 "Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad." WHEN? Romans 11:26 "And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" Romans 11:27 "For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." the NEW COVENANT,

Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:" Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:" Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." the FORGIVNESS of Sin? Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

My God this is crystal Clear. the BINDING Covenant that Jacob spoke of in Genesis 49:10 is a covenant "WITHOUT" sin, God will REMEMBER our sins no more, WHY? for our sins are "FORGIVEN" because of Shiloh dying on the cross for our SINS that are PAST, and Resurrected/Rosed, from the DEAD for our JUSTIFICATION. of sins in the Future, which fulfils the BINDING Contract for past, present, and future sons. supportive scripture, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." Romans 14:10 "But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." Where is that written? Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." whom is this God? Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;" Philippians 2:11 "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
under the EARTH is the Dead.

So, messiah, Shiloh, GOD in flesh, (Isaiah 53), came and SAVE his People from Sin, Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." HIS people are Jews as well as Gentiles, scriptures, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

the NEW BINDING COVENANT, (which was Made at the Cross), is for who soever call on the name of the "Lord" shall be SAVED..... from SIN, which is an EVERLASTING SALVATION.

and to show God's Righteousness in this Covenant of GRACE, he has POURED OUT HIS "SPIRIT" on us as a token of "FAITH".

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus." BINGO, this is too easy not to understand.

the messiah, Shiloh, mission was to SAVE his people from their SINS, not from Physical Bondage of the Romans or anyone else.

101G.
Well, I don't know. You have not been saved from your sins, and therefore your plagues (Rev 18:4) and death will accompany you to your waiting grave (Jer 31:30). As for calling on the name of the "Lord", well Yeshua says those who call on his name, such as Paul, and do miracles and cast out demons, he will declare "I never knew you". As for Joel 2:31-32, as for those who call on the name of the "LORD", there will be "survivors" and those who "escape" who will come from Jerusalem and on Mount Zion. And it is the LORD God who will judge between the sheep, and then appoint "David" as the lone "shepherd", meaning he will not need your false prophet Paul, and his false gospel of grace, and then the LORD will set up David as king over the recombined Israel (Ez 37:24-25), and they "will walk in My ordinances". The "son of man" will not be set up as Lord until the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35 & 45 have all been "crushed", which remains behind door number 3. Your present failed false prophet is your present killer, Dr. Fauci, who said if you take his jab, you would not get covid. People, such as "believers" as yourself, took his jab, got covid, or not, and died. What did Einstein say about people doing the same thing over and over?

Ez 34: 20Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them, “Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21“Because you push with side and with shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns until you have scattered them abroad, 22therefore, I will deliver My flock, and they will no longer be a prey; and I will judge between one sheep and another.
23“Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24“And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken.

Ez 37: 24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.

2ndpillar

101G.
If you read the different genealogy of Matthew or Luke, the genealogy ended with "Joseph", not Mary. Now you can say "Joseph" is Mary's father or stepfather, but then you can say pigs fly, but you have to get it into an airplane and push the pig out the door.

101G

Well, I don't know. You have not been saved from your sins, and therefore your plagues (Rev 18:4) and death will accompany you to your waiting grave (Jer 31:30). As for calling on the name of the "Lord", well Yeshua says those who call on his name, such as Paul, and do miracles and cast out demons, he will declare "I never knew you". As for Joel 2:31-32, as for those who call on the name of the "LORD", there will be "survivors" and those who "escape" who will come from Jerusalem and on Mount Zion. And it is the LORD God who will judge between the sheep, and then appoint "David" as the lone "shepherd", meaning he will not need your false prophet Paul, and his false gospel of grace, and then the LORD will set up David as king over the recombined Israel (Ez 37:24-25), and they "will walk in My ordinances". The "son of man" will not be set up as Lord until the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35 & 45 have all been "crushed", which remains behind door number 3. Your present failed false prophet is your present killer, Dr. Fauci, who said if you take his jab, you would not get covid. People, such as "believers" as yourself, took his jab, got covid, or not, and died. What did Einstein say about people doing the same thing over and over?
nonsense, and rubbish. the Lord Jesus will sit on David throne, and not David. David was a sinner like all of us. his kingship means nothing to 101G. for the Lord Jesus is the KING of kings, and Lord of lords. period.
Ez 34: 20Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD to them, “Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21“Because you push with side and with shoulder, and thrust at all the weak with your horns until you have scattered them abroad, 22therefore, I will deliver My flock, and they will no longer be a prey; and I will judge between one sheep and another.
23“Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24“And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken.

Ez 37: 24“My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25“They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.
that's OT, there's a NEW COVENANT now.... (smile), lol, lol, lol... Oh dear.

101G.

101G

If you read the different genealogy of Matthew or Luke, the genealogy ended with "Joseph", not Mary. Now you can say "Joseph" is Mary's father or stepfather, but then you can say pigs fly, but you have to get it into an airplane and push the pig out the door.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh how IGNORANT. did you not know that both Joseph and Mary's genealogies are only LEGAL genealogies for the Christ and not biological genealogies? Oh my what a blunder.

Listen up and LEARN, neither Joseph nor Mary are the Lord Jesus biological parents. (READ THAT AGAIN). they are his LEGAL BIRTH PARENTS to the RIGHT to the Throne of David. ...... listen and Learn, Matthew 1:19 "Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:22 "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying," Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." Matthew 1:24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:" Matthew 1:25 "And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."

two things to note, well three. #1. Joseph nor Mary are the Lord Jesus BIOLOGIAL parent. #2. it was the Holy Ghost who conceived the child IN, IN, IN, mary and not "BY" Mary. meaning, #3. Mary was only the surrogate Mother and not the biological mother to the Christ.

so the Father, or Conceiver of the child is the Holy Ghost, so where is his genealogy? and the scripture said, the Holy Ghost who conceived the child IN, Mary, and not "BY" mary, meaning not even her eggs was used. HEAR the scriptures, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

overshadow: G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (e-piy-skiy-a'-zō) v.
1. to cast a shade upon.
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy.
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence.
[from G1909 and a derivative of G4639]
KJV: overshadow

preternatural influence? It means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women.

God is a Spirit, he don't come down and have sex with women..... get that Greek mythology out of here.

so Joseph nor Mary was his "BIOLOGICAL." parent, (so that genealogies are just that to have a LEGAL RIGHT to the throne. but by sheer "BIRTH" of Mary, he has the "LEGAL" RIGHT to the throne.... this is just too easy not to understand.

101G.

2ndpillar

Listen up and LEARN, neither Joseph nor Mary are the Lord Jesus biological parents
I don't know. I kind of think the "son of man" was born of Mary, from the womb of Mary. I don't know which school of medicine you went to, but you might have a case for a refund of your tuition, if that is what they taught.

2ndpillar

nonsense, and rubbish. the Lord Jesus will sit on David throne, and not David. David was a sinner like all of us. his kingship means nothing to 101G. for the Lord Jesus is the KING of kings, and Lord of lords. period.

that's OT, there's a NEW COVENANT now.... (smile), lol, lol, lol... Oh dear.

101G.
There is going to be a "new covenant" per Jer 31:31-33, and it will be with regard to the house of Judah and the House of Israel (Ephraim), with regard to the LAW being written on their hearts. The coming "ruler of the world", according to Yeshua is not him. (John 14:30) The "Lord" right now sits at the right hand of the LORD, until the "LORD" "makes thine enemies a footstool for thy feet" (Psalms 110:1), which will not happen until Daniel 2:45. The "new covenant" will be when the LORD gives Israel (Judah & Ephraim) a new heart and spirit, and makes David their king (Ez 36:26-27 & Ez 37:22-25). The present ruler of the world is the 8th head of the beast of Rev 17:11. Your church is under the beast's church, the Roman church, which is the mother of your church, which is a daughter of Babylon the Great. Yeshua has encouraged you to "come out of her" (Rev 14:10), yet there you remain. Yeshua will not drink new wine of the new covenant until he returns following the "day of the LORD", "in My Father's kingdom" (Mt 26:29). It would be well for your friends to step back from you when the sky begins to fall (Rev 16:21)

John 14:30 - I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in me;

Elihoenai

Malachi 3:1

3 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Matthew 11:10

10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Elijah/John the Baptist is the Messenger of the First Covenant/Old Covenant Preparing The Way For Greater To Come. In Christendom, when Christians do John's/Elijah's Water Baptism they Observe the First Covenant/Old Covenant.

Redemptionsong

LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh how IGNORANT. did you not know that both Joseph and Mary's genealogies are only LEGAL genealogies for the Christ and not biological genealogies? Oh my what a blunder.

Listen up and LEARN, neither Joseph nor Mary are the Lord Jesus biological parents. (READ THAT AGAIN). they are his LEGAL BIRTH PARENTS to the RIGHT to the Throne of David. ...... listen and Learn, Matthew 1:19 "Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily." Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 1:21 "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:22 "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying," Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." Matthew 1:24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:" Matthew 1:25 "And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS."

two things to note, well three. #1. Joseph nor Mary are the Lord Jesus BIOLOGIAL parent. #2. it was the Holy Ghost who conceived the child IN, IN, IN, mary and not "BY" Mary. meaning, #3. Mary was only the surrogate Mother and not the biological mother to the Christ.

so the Father, or Conceiver of the child is the Holy Ghost, so where is his genealogy? and the scripture said, the Holy Ghost who conceived the child IN, Mary, and not "BY" mary, meaning not even her eggs was used. HEAR the scriptures, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

overshadow: G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (e-piy-skiy-a'-zō) v.
1. to cast a shade upon.
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy.
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence.
[from G1909 and a derivative of G4639]
KJV: overshadow

preternatural influence? It means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women.

God is a Spirit, he don't come down and have sex with women..... get that Greek mythology out of here.

so Joseph nor Mary was his "BIOLOGICAL." parent, (so that genealogies are just that to have a LEGAL RIGHT to the throne. but by sheer "BIRTH" of Mary, he has the "LEGAL" RIGHT to the throne.... this is just too easy not to understand.

101G.
Whilst l agree with most of what you argue, l beg to differ on this issue of biological inheritance.

If Mary's biology plays no part in the inheritance, then Jesus has no right to be called a son of David. But, Jesus was the son of David by natural descent, through Mary. He became a 'royal' when Joseph married Mary.

The orthodox Christian position is the Christ is both fully man and fully God, but this would not be the case if his humanity was without a human source. All humans must be able to trace their ancestry back to Adam. This is why Luke's genealogy does just that, and runs from Heli to Adam.

Redemptionsong

In connection with this, l have wondered who the two witnesses are, as spoken about in Revelation 11.

Redemptionsong

Jews traditionally under that verse as saying that it will be Eliyahu himself who will return. This is attested by hundreds if not thousands of later sources. That said, I think I once saw a more modern Jewish interpretation that it will be a different prophet with the same name.
This raises some interesting issues regarding the nature of man, and God.
A prophet is not speaking their own words by the power of their own soul, so they must be speaking by the power of the Spirit upon them. If this Spirit comes from God, then is it not a transferrable power? Can the same Spirit of prophecy not a light upon another individual whose soul is given to God?

101G

I don't know. I kind of think the "son of man" was born of Mary, from the womb of Mary. I don't know which school of medicine you went to, but you might have a case for a refund of your tuition, if that is what they taught.
first thanks for the reply, well your first ERROR of the Day, the Son of Man is NEVER "BORN", the Son of MAN is Given, what was born was flesh bone and blood ...... which is the Son of God, the Body that the Son of Man came in. again Listen and Learn, First OT, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

a child is "BORN", scripture, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

a Son is "Given", John 8:23 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world."
Understand 2ndpillar, the son of God, flesh bone and blood CAME OUT OF MARY, a Body.

the Son of Man, (the Spirit) which was given to that body is FROM HEAVEN. Got it now?

please KNOW and UNDERSTAND the difference between the Son of Man, (Spirit), and the Son of ?God, (Flesh and Blood, the BODY).

see, when the Lord Jesus said in John 8:23 "I am not of this world." he was not lying, only the body he came in was "born". the prophet Isaiah is totally correct in saying "A CHILD IS BORN"...... and ..... "A SON IS GIVEN"

so a school of medicine is not needed when one has the Holy Ghost as one's TEACHER.

101G