• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eka Jiva Vada

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
but isn't time non existent and everything basically happens NOW, what if all lives that have ever been and ever will be happen simultaneously right NOW, I am me, I am Atanu I am my mother I am my brother I am my father, it's me but everything happens simultaneously, now when I die everybody dies, the whole dream is over, I wake up and realize (allegorically, not really) that I was everything it's a complete picture, a whole story.
When the dream is over, then you are 'that'. 'That' is a very different entity, you cannot anthropomorphize it. It is always awake. There is no new information that can come to it. It already knows all. Time also depends on it, Mahakaleshwar (the Lord of Time).

DanielR

When the dream is over, then you are 'that'. 'That' is a very different entity, you cannot anthropomorphize it. It is always awake. There is no new information that can come to it. It already knows all. Time also depends on it, Mahakaleshwar (the Lord of Time).

yes you are right, it's hard for me not to antropomophize, but I know what you mean!

What if 'it' dreams again? We don't know?

DanielR

okay, maybe I'm slow a bit today, but do you basically agree with what I said? except no anthropomorphic form and in Brahman there is no time?

DanielR

Thanks Aup!

Anyway, I think I understand now that what comes closest to the truth is probably not Eka Jiva Vada, but Ajati Vada. (see also Ramana Maharshi)

could anyone reference me some good links about Ajati Vada? I don't really understand its implications, I just know that it means 'no creation happened at all'.

atanu

Premium Member
Thanks Aup!

Anyway, I think I understand now that what comes closest to the truth is probably not Eka Jiva Vada, but Ajati Vada. (see also Ramana Maharshi)

could anyone reference me some good links about Ajati Vada? I don't really understand its implications, I just know that it means 'no creation happened at all'.

Regarding this, it is sufficient to know the following from Shri Ramana.

Mr. Ranganatha Ayyar, a devotee of fourteen years' standing, is on a visit here. He asked: How long is the interval between one's death and reincarnation?

M.: It may be long or short. But a Jnani does not have any such changes; he merges into the universal Being, so says the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad.

Some say that those who after death pass into the path of light are not reborn, whereas those who after death take the path of darkness are reborn after they have enjoyed the fruits of karma in their subtle bodies.

If one's merits and demerits are equal, they are directly reborn here. Merits outweighing demerits, the subtle bodies go to heavens and are then reborn here; demerits outweighing merits, they go to hells and are afterwards reborn here. A yogabrashta (a fallen yogi) is said to fare in the same manner.

All these are described in the sastras. But in fact, there is neither birth nor death. One remains only as what one really is. This is the only Truth.

('Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi' 573)

DanielR

but .... :(

Ramana Maharshi gave a translation in Tamil of Gaudapada’s Mandukya Upanishad Karika, chapter two, verse thirty-two:

There is no creation, no destruction, no bondage, no longing to be freed from bondage, no striving to be free [from bondage], nor anyone who has attained [freedom from bondage]. Know that this is the ultimate truth.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
but .... :(

Ramana Maharshi gave a translation in Tamil of Gaudapada’s Mandukya Upanishad Karika, chapter two, verse thirty-two:

Yes. Talks that I cited says the same: "But in fact, there is neither birth nor death. One remains only as what one really is. This is the only Truth."

DanielR

Yes. Talks that I cited says the same: "But in fact, there is neither birth nor death. One remains only as what one really is. This is the only Truth."

Omg, I'm sorry, now I undertand you sentence, damn this English barrier, ignore my previous post plz *I deleted it*

but thanks that helped me a lot

;):)

Last edited:

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

refering to the question of time

time just marks the duration of our temporary ignorance , once ignorance is removed and our true and eternal nature is realised realised , then there is no time , ....

just as in the analogy given by Hinduism loves Krishna , ....as when the ornament has become weathered and broken and is beyond its usefullness it is melted down , but the gold remains unchanged , it was gold in the begining and it is the same gold still , the gold it self is unchanging it is unafected by time .