• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ego Traps to Avoid If You Want To Be Happy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you are enjoying your time here on the forum today.

Here's a few tips about the human ego.

We all want to be happy. It’s human nature. But there’s another part of human nature – the ego – that constantly sabotages our happiness at every turn.

If we let it.

In order to be happy, we have to learn how the ego operates. We need to identify those destructive thought patterns that keep popping up, poisoning our lives with needless misery and stress.

In this article I’m going to point out some of the ego’s most common (and cunning) thought traps, so that you can become aware of them in your own life, in your own mind.

To read the entire article - click below -

10 Ego Traps to Avoid If You Want To Be Happy | Zenful Spirit

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Top marks for all of them, with one disagreement, and it's not with the general rule (#2), just this part.

In the end, there is only one way to measure your life. And that is this: are you doing your best? At the end of each day, look back and ask, “Did I give my all today? Did I do everything I could to accomplish my goals, and to be the kind of person I want to be?”

If the answer is yes, then congratulations! You win. No one can ask any more, or do any better than that.

Am I doing my best? Did I give my all today? Give me a break. If you judge yourself by this kind of standard you have just substituted one taskmaster (other people) for another (yourself). You're never going to live up to that standard. Ooooh I don't think I gave my all today! Nearly all, but not all! I'm so bad!