• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Educate or Retaliate?

Lightkeeper

This forum is a microcosm of the world. It is very difficult to discuss and debate religion and politics and remain calm. We can learn from anyone of any religion or political position. When we stay calm and listen we can gain more wisdom. We have the choice here all day long of listening, calmly educating or retaliating. If we learn it here this should fan out to other people we associate with. I have noticed myself being more tolerant, since I have been on this forum. What are your thoughts on this?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I agree. But I still tend to rant at times. I've always considered myself quite tolerant though I can get carried away (I had a bit of a turn earlier in one thread, but I decided to delete it). The good thing about a forum is nobody can butt in while you're making a point (or not as easily) so you can get your message across and others can, as you say, retaliate.

Rex

Founder
There is a fine line between defending your beliefs and learning from others. I think this is what most of us are learning while posting here. Very hard to do, but that is the point.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I do try to listen and learn, more than I debate and defend. In fact, except for a very few issues, I don't like to debate at all, and rarely feel the need to defend my beliefs. I do feel I am a very tolerant person, but could be more so, and I'm working on that. :)