• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Earth a huge spaceship

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What if earth was launched by God for observing and investigating what beyond his universe ?

Millions of years traveling through space which expanding in rapid speed and life is continuous
as we are programmed to love life and to breed.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
If a deity were omniscient and omnipotent, why would it need to investigate or explore anything to begin with?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Technically the earth is a spaceship... it's a construct flying through space at break-neck speeds. While comfortably housing millions of beings as they learn and grow.

But we are only going in a circle, we are not traveling elsewhere.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Technically the earth is a spaceship... it's a construct flying through space at break-neck speeds. While comfortably housing millions of beings as they learn and grow.

But we are only going in a circle, we are not traveling elsewhere.

But the space itself is expanding, so earth is traveling far from the starting point.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But the space itself is expanding, so earth is traveling far from the starting point.

I don't think there is definitive proof that space is expanding. And if it is, we are getting farther away from origin and farther away from everything in it, more empty space but same amount of material floating around.

And again, the Earth is not moving, the Earth is circling the Sun, which is in a Solar System, that is in a Galaxy that may or may not me moving. We are going nowhere. At least not in any way that is meaningful for us as a species. We will have erradicated ourselves/our planet well before this galaxy goes anywhere "new".

suncowiam

That's not the classical definition of a space ship.

Because then I can say my hand is a space ship, because it's moving through space right now... Does it have to move millions of miles or maybe only inches. Distance, time: its all relative...

As for as God is concerned, I don't know the mind of God to suggest anything he might want of Earth or us.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't think there is definitive proof that space is expanding. And if it is, we are getting farther away from origin and farther away from everything in it, more empty space but same amount of material floating around.

And again, the Earth is not moving, the Earth is circling the Sun, which is in a Solar System, that is in a Galaxy that may or may not me moving. We are going nowhere. At least not in any way that is meaningful for us as a species. We will have erradicated ourselves/our planet well before this galaxy goes anywhere "new".

The expanding of the universe is proven with evidence.
An Expanding Universe

Expanding with the same materials and going far from the starting point, that means that we traveled far from the starting point and the question is where the universe is expanding to, for example when we blow up a balloon then it expands into the surrounding air but the universe started in one point and expanded into another space which we are still expanding into it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The expanding of the universe is proven with evidence.
An Expanding Universe

Expanding with the same materials and going far from the starting point, that means that we traveled far from the starting point and the question is where the universe is expanding to, for example when we blow up a balloon then it expands into the surrounding air but the universe started in one point and expanded into another space which we are still expanding into it.

The universe is theorized to be expanding. But we cannot travel outside of it or to it's edge to actually know that it is. What we do know is theoretically the galaxies and stars that are surrounding us, are getting further away from us. That does not mean we are moving. It's all theoretical physics. What are we moving in relation to? This theory of movement is heavily debated.

And back to your OP, we are technically a spaceship that is moving around a sun that is located in space. There for we are more of a space station or a satellite then a space ship.

Why would God need us to see the universe for him, if he created it? If he found it then sure maybe he is curious.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The universe is theorized to be expanding. But we cannot travel outside of it or to it's edge to actually know that it is. What we do know is theoretically the galaxies and stars that are surrounding us, are getting further away from us. That does not mean we are moving. It's all theoretical physics. What are we moving in relation to? This theory of movement is heavily debated.

And back to your OP, we are technically a spaceship that is moving around a sun that is located in space. There for we are more of a space station or a satellite then a space ship.

Why would God need us to see the universe for him, if he created it? If he found it then sure maybe he is curious.

You didn't get my point.

God created the universe in a point that is expanding into another realm, IOW the universe before 13 billions years isn't the same size of the universe nowadays, so the question is what is surrounding the universe and how long it goes, endless space. which is hard to imagine.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
You didn't get my point.

Got created the universe in a point that is expanding into another realm, IOW the universe before 13 billions years isn't the same size of the universe nowadays, so the question is what is surrounding the universe and how long it goes, endless space. which is hard to imagine.

"Space" only exists inside our universe, we cannot know what is beyond it.

Your OP stated: What if earth was launched by God for observing and investigating the universe ?

We (as a planet) are not moving, but the universe is potentially expanding, therefore your claim is wrong. We are not traveling in any way that we can "explore or investigate" the universe.

At this time, we cannot know what is beyond our universe, because we are contrained by it, and it's laws. Until we can bend and shape those laws, we will not know what is beyone our "space". So basically, the only way to find out what is beyond our universe, is to become like gods ourself. Which seems a little silly to me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Space" only exists inside our universe, we cannot know what is beyond it.

Your OP stated: What if earth was launched by God for observing and investigating the universe ?

We are not moving, but the universe is potentially expanding, therefore your claim is wrong. We are not traveling in any way that we can "explore or investigate" the universe.

What i meant what is beyong the universe (surrounding the universe), yes my statement was wrong

Heim

You didn't get my point.

Got created the universe in a point that is expanding into another realm, IOW the universe before 13 billions years isn't the same size of the universe nowadays, so the question is what is surrounding the universe and how long it goes, endless space. which is hard to imagine.

I don't think that 'what is surrounding the universe' is a meaningful question. Space and time are dimensions in this universe, but not necessarily outside of it. In fact 'outside of our universe' is also a meaningless statements from that perspective.

I am however sure that there are people that are way more knowledgable on this subject. So please someone, feel free to clarify this.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What i meant what is beyong the universe (surrounding the universe), yes my statement was wrong

This was from an edit of my previous post: At this time, we cannot know what is beyond our universe, because we are contrained by it, and it's laws. Until we can bend and shape those laws, we will not know what is beyone our "space". So basically, the only way to find out what is beyond our universe, is to become like gods ourself, having the ability to willfully manipulate the laws of physics.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I don't think that 'what is surrounding the universe' is a meaningful question. Space and time are dimensions in this universe, but not necessarily outside of it. In fact 'outside of our universe' is also a meaningless statements from that perspective.

I am however sure that there are people that are way more knowledgable on this subject. So please someone, feel free to clarify this.

I tried to educate myself on this by reading a physics forum. I got lost 4 points in... All I understood was space-time bends... And I gave up. So yup, anyone else if you can explain this in Layman's terms would be appreciated.